S

SilverLining

Dec 19, 2019
so. i self harm. pretty simple, right? but at the minute, i'm taking blades out of disposable shaving razors and using them. but they just aren't getting as deep as i want and it's bugging the hell out of me.
so, where can i get better blades? i'm in the uk so you can't typically get double edged blades near me.
any ideas?

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and TheDevilsAngel
A

asifkhanny12345

Student
Jan 2, 2020
Hello there picture for attention I'm getting self harm urges whats best to do like this wanna see blood thank you

Attachments

• received_396725917783882.jpeg
    received_396725917783882.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Throwmyselfaway, UninformedLover and TheDevilsAngel
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I have always used pencil sharpener blades or the kinda razor blades you'd use in a traditional razor. Surgical scalpels work as well.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Ive found my deepest cuts come from clean/new stanley knife blades.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
When I want deep cuts I go for box cutter blades or a scalpel if I can get a hold of one, but my roommate/FP took my last one away.

TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I use blades for a callus remover... They are very sharp and I've went deep so deep one day I had to stich it up.... And I find to bleed more i cut on the other side... Not my wrists but my forearm... Its the blood that gets me, I record most of it but don't think I could post it here.. Sending you peace and hugs

• Love
Reactions: Skathon
L

Lego31088

Jan 14, 2020
How deep you get depends very much on how you cut, as well. One swipe or several in the same place? Pressing hard or going light?
I usually use scalpels, some that were intended to be used for dissections. But everything works, as long as it's sharp. Just make sure it's clean.

Cutting deeper brings a lot of new challenges though. Make sure you're ready for them.

Reactions: Enbiecat and Skathon
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
You can try x-acto knifes, the ones they usually sell at art craft type stores. A simple knife could do the trick. Scalpels and box cutters can work as well. I use double edge razor blades but from what I have seen and heard anything I mentioned above can give you nice,deep cuts.

Reactions: Skathon and TheDevilsAngel
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Not to advocate self harm in any way - Always be trying to find alternative copiung techniques.
Disposable razors are a waste of time and simply too thin and flexible to do what you want. Most pharmacist sell packs of proper razor blades very cheaply that can be disposed after a single use.
Obviously, there is a vast array of different knives and blades that might seem tempting,but it's by far the better option to use something that will be sterile as infection is more likely to do lasting harm than the wound itself.
Good luck and any self harmers out there, feel free to PM me anytime if you think it might help.x

Reactions: PoisonedJuliet, MiserableBastard1995 and Enbiecat
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I use a knife. I have several good sharp folding knives that work very well. My fav that I use stays on me 24/7

MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
Old-fashioned single-edge blades, I prefer. Though I've no intention of going deep, they're certainly capable of it.

Can't find 'em anywhere locally here in Australia, so I order them online.
Ironically, they messed up my first order, and sent me a tube of glue instead!

Abaigh

Abaigh

Student
Jan 20, 2020
I use the blades from these mine came with 6 blades.

Attachments

• EFE8B5B4-F92D-49E8-91A0-275D9DA90E13.png
    EFE8B5B4-F92D-49E8-91A0-275D9DA90E13.png
    84 KB · Views: 99
  • 03034DC1-9A62-4744-A2A0-088B2FCF5A49.jpeg
    03034DC1-9A62-4744-A2A0-088B2FCF5A49.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 69
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Properly sharpened straight barber's razor.
It'll cut through pretty much any soft tissue. Never used it for self harm: the 3" length of the blade scares me

Soraa

Soraa

Feb 27, 2020
I use a Swiss Army pocket knife mostly cause it has sentiment to me. The knife itself doesn't cut super well , but i do this trick where you slide it against the bottom of a ceramic bowl to sharpen the edge and it works a lot better.

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Student
Oct 27, 2018
How deep you get depends very much on how you cut, as well. One swipe or several in the same place? Pressing hard or going light?
I usually use scalpels, some that were intended to be used for dissections. But everything works, as long as it's sharp. Just make sure it's clean.

Cutting deeper brings a lot of new challenges though. Make sure you're ready for them.

I see a whole array of different size scalpels on Amazon but nothing is made clear about the purpose of the different sizes. The larger blades would be the appropriate ones for dissection? TIA

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I'm in the UK. I buy single use Swann-Morton Surgical Scalpels. The have blue handles, are all individually wrapped and sterile. It doesn't really matter what size or shape blade you pick to be honest, they are all as sharp as you can get. You only have to google and you can find loads of places that sell them in boxes. Usually medical supply places or Physical therapy websites.
I only cut with these now as the cut are clean, heal well and most of all - sterile!

Reactions: BetterInthanOut, DyingAlf and Sarahlynn
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
I started out with scissors, but now I swear to scalpels as well. Efficient, creates a lot of bleeding with much less scarring than stuff like scissors and knives. They are not that expensive so I switch them out fairly often.

I'm not content until I get a steady blood stream from the cut. Have been thinking about getting aspirin, it works as a blood thinner, so might be able to get more blood with lesser/shallower cuts. Any thoughts?

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I'm not content until I get a steady blood stream from the cut. Have been thinking about getting aspirin, it works as a blood thinner, so might be able to get more blood with lesser/shallower cuts. Any thoughts?
Lmao I've gotten drunk a few times so I would bleed more when I cut.

B

BetterInthanOut

Student
Mar 6, 2020
You can buy scalpels on Amazon! Sterile too, much safer

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I wish you guys wouldn't do this to yourselves, not that I'm saying whether it is right or wrong but it's just sad :aw:

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
You can buy scalpels on Amazon! Sterile too, much safer
I would love to try using a scalpel, but I'm afraid I'll cut too deep and need stitches. I suppose being more conscious about what I'm doing by using a sharper instrument would help prevent that, though.
I wish you guys wouldn't do this to yourselves, not that I'm saying whether it is right or wrong but it's just sad :aw:
It's a way to cope. A bad one for sure, but..
Eh. Plus idk about anyone else here but I feel like i deserve the pain that comes with self harm. Not saying that to make you feel worse, just to explain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wayfaerer
ritsulover

ritsulover

Apr 5, 2020
I have 2 butterfly knives that I just like flipping around but I also cut with one of them. I did cut with the first one I got but that one has a smaller blade and doesn't feel as nice as the recent one I got which I spent around $100. I dont use it just for cutting but it also does that well. I did try to stop my cutting addiction recently though and got 10 days in a few days ago until I relapsed cause I was listening to my normal cutting music cause i enjoy it normally and had a bad day and I just felt like my arm was calling me

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I have 2 butterfly knives that I just like flipping around but I also cut with one of them. I did cut with the first one I got but that one has a smaller blade and doesn't feel as nice as the recent one I got which I spent around $100. I dont use it just for cutting but it also does that well. I did try to stop my cutting addiction recently though and got 10 days in a few days ago until I relapsed cause I was listening to my normal cutting music cause i enjoy it normally and had a bad day and I just felt like my arm was calling me
I hope you're feeling alright today, mate. The urges can be so strong!

• Love
Reactions: ritsulover
ritsulover

ritsulover

Apr 5, 2020
I hope you're feeling alright today, mate. The urges can be so strong!
Im pretty mixed today, with my best friend and really my only friend saying she's taking a break from people getting me down but im trying to abstain from alcohol and so far its been successful, though only for a few days which isn't much of an accomplishment. Trying to improve myself but most of the time I see no point. I hope you're good as well, thanks for the message

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Im pretty mixed today, with my best friend and really my only friend saying she's taking a break from people getting me down but im trying to abstain from alcohol and so far its been successful, though only for a few days which isn't much of an accomplishment. Trying to improve myself but most of the time I see no point. I hope you're good as well, thanks for the message
A few days is still pretty great! Progress is progress, no matter how small. I know it goes without saying, but try to keep away from the alcohol especially when you've got a lot going on emotionally. I'd rather you be safe if you can. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: ritsulover
Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Student
Oct 27, 2018
[QUOTE="Emily_Numb, post: The have blue handles, are all individually wrapped and sterile. It doesn't really matter what size or shape blade you pick to be honest, they are all as sharp as you can get. You only have to google and you can find loads of places that sell them in boxes. Usually medical supply places or Physical therapy websites.
I only cut with these now as the cut are clean, heal well and most of all - sterile!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your reply; I wasn't sure if there was a difference in how deeply the scalpel would cut based on thee size numbeer. When I used to cut, well, for pain release, I never paid attention to the size. But if one is looking to exit that way, the blade would have to go deep, no? I was googling the femoral artery and I got the impression that it is not that easy to get into. But the loss of blood would be fast.