B

boc

Experienced
May 19, 2021
I'm planning to purchase some N later this year to have in the cupboard. I have a history of depression and SI. I'm trying to plan a safety check list for myself before taking it. For example I want to give myself a two week check period before deciding to take it and actual execution to avoid use in a heat of the moment situation. Was wondering if anyone else has any such ground rules for themselves before taking the plunge.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowrider, FuneralCry and Rayzieka
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
That's very wise of you to set a rule like that for yourself. I can see how possessing N, while very liberating, can also lead you towards a rushed decision and rob you of the opportunity to find out what life has in store for you.

That being said, I don't have any rules for myself except for the promise to take my N despite the occasional SI that I experience. Due to my responsibilities, I cannot just CTB without preparations. That's the thing keeping me from ctb right now.

Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
That sounds like an excellent idea tbh, not one that I've consciously thought of doing. I kinda try doing at least one distraction before doing anything impulsive such as watching a movie or texting someone.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is a really good idea. At the end of the day suicide is a last choice situation, when we have exhausted every other option and there is nothing left. I was thinking a similar thing if I ever got hold of some substance, I would keep it locked away until I knew I was absolutely certain that I wanted to leave. I think it would just relax me having it in my possession though, knowing I had a way out.