L

LostAxel11x

Jun 12, 2023
I'm a 19-year-old Egyptian with atheistic/agnostic beliefs, and I'm uncertain about what actions to take. My family is shunning me due to my beliefs, and I lost my job because people suspected me of not fasting. Although I managed to conceal it well, I am now facing potential dangers. I've tried to killmyself several times in the previous few years, but I am exhausted now.
I almost got a job offer from a canadian friend abroad, but unfortunately, he faced a lawsuit,lost his company, and barely just have enough money to support his family, and I have just enough money for a flight ticket, so I don't think proof of funds in my account for a work seeking visa or a tourism visa until I find a job would be possible.

I feel lost. I'm desperately eager to leave Egypt as soon as possible and start a new life in a better country where I can contribute.
And to also have better opportunities and access to mental health facilities.
I can't endure this much longer as it is unsafe, and if I don't end my own life, they might do it for me.

I am totally willing to give all pertinent information if there is a kind-hearted someone willing to sponsor me (without any financial strain, as I will figure things out once I am in another country) or assist me in obtaining a job offer.
I understand it's a long shot, but I'd want to clarify that, according to the forum rules, I can give my personal information in PMs. given that I accept responsibility for any risks that may arise
PLEASE HELP
To clarify, the not fasting part was during Ramadan, a fasting month for muslims, they thought it was odd that I didn't pray or fast.
Started to develop ideas about me and spread them, I didn't attack the religion or say my beliefs, I believed I hid it very well :/

• Aww..
Reactions: Illidan77 and OceanBlue
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Try one of the atheist refugee assistance orgs, there should be one in the US/Canada as well, depending on your preferred country.
This one is in Germany:
Looking for help?
[email protected]

Important: We can only help you if you are in Germany. If you need help to get out of your country, you can contact Atheist Alliance International or Secular Rescue.

They should be able to give you more information.
Good luck, no one should be forced to ctb bc of religious persecution.

Reactions: LostAxel11x
L

LostAxel11x

Jun 12, 2023
thank you
Try one of the atheist refugee assistance orgs, there should be one in the US/Canada as well, depending on your preferred country.
This one is in Germany:
Looking for help?
[email protected]

Important: We can only help you if you are in Germany. If you need help to get out of your country, you can contact Atheist Alliance International or Secular Rescue.

They should be able to give you more information.
Good luck, no one should be forced to ctb bc of religious persecution.
thank you