L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
The changing of the seasons really scare me. Even when summer is starting to end and Fall, my favorite season is coming closer, I still get scared. When winter is starting to turn to spring, that is my most fearful. The worst things to happen to me were in the spring and summer and It is truly hard to bare. I hate spring and summer. The sounds are different, the smell is different, the light is different, the weather is obviously different. The days are so long, I like when it gets dark at 4pm.
Two seasons give me so many negative emotions and trauma memories or the memories of how things used to be and how it is now. The only thing I like about summer are the thunderstorms. I love them. Is anyone else scared of the seasons changing?

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, mistvissione11e, LionsTigersAndBears and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I prefer the darker nights personally. When it is lighter, the sun shines through the window and it is really irritating. I think for me, I just hate the summer and the hot weather. It is extremely depressing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Nolan96, mistvissione11e and 4 others
fatefulstillness

fatefulstillness

ghost.
Oct 24, 2021
I relate to this. My favorite season is fall but I always feel this strange rush as seasons begin to change; it's quite scary. Once in fall, I can breathe and get some rest, it's the only time of the year I feel good: my thoughts are (mostly) clear and my surroundings don't feel violent to my eyes. I struggle with perception a lot. Colors can make me tingly and I often forget everything out there isn't just shapes, among other things. I was told it's because of a dissociative disorder. Sometimes it's okay, but more often than not it's a huge struggle.

Summer, on the other hand, is the absolute worst. Days feel the same, it's too bright and it doesn't feel like time will pass at all. I can't concentrate or feel a thing most days. On top of that, my skin doesn't handle sweating very well and it gets horribly hurt, so there's nothing good about this season for me.

Thankfully I'll see fall soon. It's been awful.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and mistvissione11e
Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
I tend to agree that seasons changing mostly affects me negatively. But for me the transitions into fall to end of spring are troublesome (i likely have SAD - seasonal affective disorder). I only enjoy summer and the long daylight. Getting through spring is excruciating even though I know summer will soon arrive. I hate the fluctuating temperatures and high rain at that time where I live.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Winter makes me suicidal since the sun is just gone all the time. Spring is the best, I get a little hopeful when the days start to get longer again.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatefulstillness