K

kevinj430

Sep 9, 2023
I have read that need 20+ posts to access the search feature. Is that the same as when starting a thread that I can "search" similar threads with the same title? Or is it a whole different feature? Still trying to figure out the layout of the website. Thanks

whitherrvbound

whitherrvbound

Travelling between poles
Apr 18, 2023
I have read that need 20+ posts to access the search feature. Is that the same as when starting a thread that I can "search" similar threads with the same title? Or is it a whole different feature? Still trying to figure out the layout of the website. Thanks
Exactly what youve thought and i use it a lot there is always someone sharing your problem sadly so prolly it will be useful to you too

K

kevinj430

Sep 9, 2023
It has been. But it doesn't show all posts related to it, I think it is only threads created

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
With the search function you can type in a word and it shows any posts where that word was featured in. If you don't have access to it, it's because your account isn't old enough.

B

BotleyJ

Sep 11, 2023
With the search function you can type in a word and it shows any posts where that word was featured in. If you don't have access to it, it's because your account isn't old enough.
How old does it have to be?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
How old does it have to be?
Your account will be old enough but you just need a few more replies in threads and then the search magnifying glass should show up.
But as of right now the search isn't working for anyone, there is a server error message which has happened before, hopefully it soon gets fixed.

B

bigdipper420

Jun 7, 2023
Your account will be old enough but you just need a few more replies in threads and then the search magnifying glass should show up.
But as of right now the search isn't working for anyone, there is a server error message which has happened before, hopefully it soon gets fixed.
whats the mininum requirement for replies in threads?

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
whats the mininum requirement for replies in threads?
According to this post https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/a-crash-course-for-new-members.110266/

Why can't I access private messages or the search bar?
To do that, you need a certain amount of contributions - we can't tell you the exact number. It doesn't matter if those contributions are comments or threads, both count towards the threshold amount. Do not spam low-effort posts though unless that fits in with the nature of the respective thread (e.g. counting).
It's a secret number, but I can tell you anecdotally that it's not many.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
You can start a thread without creating it and the words typed will show similar threads. Basic search hack.

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom