Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
has anyone ever come across this term before? I have recently been told by professionals its a personality trait I have, and one that needs to be sorted, as apparently it's a negative, How is it a negative, why are we all forced to be social butterflies loving life, and being out there in everyone's face?
It's my worst nightmare, yet because I am not that sort of person, they have slapped this label on me (as well as others!) and deemed me in need of urgent pysiological intervention? What?!

What is the primary feature of schizoid personality disorder?
The main feature of schizoid personality disorder is a consistent pattern of detachment from and general disinterest in forming and maintaining social relationships

Why Oh why, is the above such a crime?!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidе, Shivali, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I had the same diagnosis in early teens but it was complete rubbish. I'm nothing like the description. I have C/PTSD instead.

I don't think people with schizoid trait get treated anyway, there's nothing to treat. There's nothing wrong with you the way you are. Also the only other possible schizoids I've met had social relationships with me anyway.

Reactions: Shivali and Ashu
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
The DSM is about as useful as astrology. It is sad to see people internalize these labels, as if there is even an official diagnosis to be had. It is a judgment call based on a set of criteria determined by the DSM "task force." Good for perpetuating stigma and facilitating insurance payments.

Reactions: Hollowman, not_actually_human, Suicidе and 2 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I had the same diagnosis in early teens but it was complete rubbish. I'm nothing like the description. I have C/PTSD instead.

I don't think people with schizoid trait get treated anyway, there's nothing to treat. There's nothing wrong with you the way you are. Also the only other possible schizoids I've met had social relationships with me anyway.

I have CPTSD as well, they also state I have traits of avoidant, depressive, dependent and masochistic (self defeating) personality patterns.
I am starting to wonder if they are trying to fit me into a box?!

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
Schizoid personality disorder is a relatively rare diagnosis, since apparently most people with it do not find it so distressing as to seek psychiatric help, and many professionals aren't familiar with it. It's debatable whether it's even a legitimate disorder. I recall reading arguments that "schizoid personality disorder" should be dropped entirely from the DSM as little more than a ghost diagnosis. Sorry you have to deal with such "professionals."

Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
Just more stupid medical terms designed by idiots with a Phd in following orders.

• Yay!
Reactions: not_actually_human and Soulless Angel
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
It's an inborn neurological (physical) disorder, not a psychological/psychiatric one (same as any other personality disorder).
Treatment would require changing the structure of the patient's central nervous system, which is not possible without it being fatal, obviously.