• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
I see a lot of people not wanting to with this or that method for fear of becoming a vegetable... Other than having a friend or family member having to decide to pull the plug, I don't see why if you didn't successfully die, and ended up brain dead, why that would be so terrible? I mean, you're not conscious, and never will be, so.... What am I missing? Btw if it helps, I would prefer this as at least this way I could donate my organs and body to science. I plan to die with as many forms and write affirmations (won't be notarized so don't know if a signed statement will count) about it. I won't be leaving traces of emergency contacts, and will state that I don't want any life-saving measures taken, DNR, etc., only enough to stabilize my body for donation. Why are people adverse to becoming a vegetable? My uncle shot himself and lived, and even he was able to take himself off of life support because he knew he would have no quality of life. I'm just not getting why this would be a bad thing. I understand not wanting to end up living with brain damage or surviving and having to live with an falty limb or organ damage failure etc, as we're not trying to make it worse ourelves...

Last edited:
DepressedDude

DepressedDude

Life destroyed by invega
Apr 21, 2024
The medical system is pure evil they'll keep you alive no matter how bad your injuries are.

I've seen a video of a boxer who's brain damaged from being punched in the back of the head. He can't move or talk now - so probably can't even tell them he wants to die. I know it's not suicide related but that's what could happen from something like a gunshot or jumping.

Another thing is not being a vegetable but paralyzed in a wheelchair if jumped off a building or something and survived. Not really worth the risk if you can hold out for hopes of something like Euthanasia.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Other than having a friend or family member having to decide to pull the plug, I don't see why if you didn't successfully die, and ended up brain dead, why that would be so terrible? I mean, you're not conscious, and never will be so....
Have you ever talked to a "brain dead" person or to a person that cannot articulate themselves anymore? We "normal and healthy" humans assume they don't feel and think like we do but they (the "brain dead") cannot answer us. There are certainly many different kind of stages of being "brain dead" in "coma".

The facts are that people most likely never will recover from such an injury and therefore are doomed to a life in misery that they did not deserve at all.

Depending on country specific law there can be a living will that you don't want t be kept alive by machines or not wanna be resuscitated but that is very country (and culture) specific.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
First take a look at cases of brain death or paralysis after survived suicide attempts, there are plenty on the web bzw. A couple of examples for you are the heart breaking cases of Jack Barnes and Jai Sharkey cases. If after looking at those cases you still don't see how scary it is and you actually believe it's still not a big deal and not worth worrying about....then I don't really know what to tell you.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I work in the medical field. I have taken care of people who survived things with SEVERE brain damage. They can live months to years. But often times it's spent in the hospital undergoing constant treatments. Sometimes when you look in their eyes you can almost see that the smallest piece of them is still in there. Like a little bit of their mind is alive but trapped, begging for you to see them. And they still feel pain. A lot of it. They scream and cry when you move them because their bodies are full of contractures, sometimes they get pressure sores, maybe they have a headache or a stomach ache but there's no way for us to know because they can't tell us. It's heart breaking.

CountingSeconds

CountingSeconds

Trying
Mar 1, 2024
I fear this more than I fear death, because for me this is the greater unknown. Would I be aware, semi-aware? Even worse, and the thing that causes the most amount of stress when I think about it, is the burden it would place on others. The thought kills me.

DepressedDude

DepressedDude

Life destroyed by invega
Apr 21, 2024
First take a look at cases of brain death or paralysis after survived suicide attempts, there are plenty on the web bzw. A couple of examples for you are the heart breaking cases of Jack Barnes and Jai Sharkey cases. If after looking at those cases you still don't see how scary it is and you actually believe it's still not a big deal and not worth worrying about....then I don't really know what to tell you.
Fuck the cops for cutting him down, at least he died later. The other guy is probably why you shouldn't tell anyone you're going to attempt, would've succeeded otherwise. Now he can only partially use one hand.

I feel like their should be laws that make the doctors immediately euthanize someone if they're going to be braindead or paralyzed even if it's from an accident like a car crash.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
The medical system is pure evil they'll keep you alive no matter how bad your injuries are.

I've seen a video of a boxer who's brain damaged from being punched in the back of the head. He can't move or talk now - so probably can't even tell them he wants to die. I know it's not suicide related but that's what could happen from something like a gunshot or jumping.

Another thing is not being a vegetable but paralyzed in a wheelchair if jumped off a building or something and survived. Not really worth the risk if you can hold out for hopes of something like Euthanasia.
Well I live in America so maybe it's a little different? For one, I've read about jumping. I dont have anything relatively high enough to secure a death around me, but if I did I know how high to fall. Also, I've looked online and there are life/death consent forms. And like I said, my uncle needed life support to stay alive, he could nod or shake his head, but that was about it. He still got to decide if he wanted to be taken off. And if it were up to my family god forbid, they already betrayed me and outvoted me to take my father off of life support so Im secure there. For whatever reason, since I was little, I was always thankful I had full use of my body without problems because I knew I couldn't be one of those survivors who lived and were still grateful even though they still had one hand to use or whatever the disablement may be. I just couldn't live that way. Didn't have the spirit or guts or whatever to. So I'm not trying to get myself in a situation like that and make a halfass suicide attempt. But if it left me in a coma or only able to blink, I'd consider that mission accomplished. I'd still get to die, and first be as good as dead, and at least be harvestable. But on people are terrified of it so Im just not understanding why should that happen to me. *shrug*
I work in the medical field. I have taken care of people who survived things with SEVERE brain damage. They can live months to years. But often times it's spent in the hospital undergoing constant treatments. Sometimes when you look in their eyes you can almost see that the smallest piece of them is still in there. Like a little bit of their mind is alive but trapped, begging for you to see them. And they still feel pain. A lot of it. They scream and cry when you move them because their bodies are full of contractures, sometimes they get pressure sores, maybe they have a headache or a stomach ache but there's no way for us to know because they can't tell us. It's heart breaking.
But what if you had signed forms for no life-sustaining measures? Or asked them if they want to refuse treatment and they blink once for yes? Dont you have to abide by their wishes? We would've moved my father into hospice like I wanted even though he was effectively without brain function, but I was cruelly, and illegally, outvoted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
Well I live in America so maybe it's a little different? For one, I've read about jumping. I dont have anything relatively high enough to secure a death around me, but if I did I know how high to fall. Also, I've looked online and there are life/death consent forms. And like I said, my uncle needed life support to stay alive, he could nod or shake his head, but that was about it. He still got to decide if he wanted to be taken off. And if it were up to my family god forbid, they already betrayed me and outvoted me to take my father off of life support so Im secure there. For whatever reason, since I was little, I was always thankful I had full use of my body without problems because I knew I couldn't be one of those survivors who lived and were still grateful even though they still had one hand to use or whatever the disablement may be. I just couldn't live that way. Didn't have the spirit or guts or whatever to. So I'm not trying to get myself in a situation like that and make a halfass suicide attempt. But if it left me in a coma or only able to blink, I'd consider that mission accomplished. I'd still get to die, and first be as good as dead, and at least be harvestable. But on people are terrified of it so Im just not understanding why should that happen to me. *shrug*
People are scared because there is no way to know what degree of damage you will cause to yourself. For one, if they know it's a suicide attempt, they have the right to void a DNR in America. Meaning you could be saved and survive after having a massive stroke but not be declared brain dead. Then you are stuck with a half limp body that you have to try and navigate when you didn't even plan to live in the first place. Because if they know you tried to kill yourself in the first place, they're not going to be asking you while you're intubated if you want to pull they plug on yourself.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Fuck the cops for cutting him down, at least he died later. The other guy is probably why you shouldn't tell anyone you're going to attempt, would've succeeded otherwise. Now he can only partially use one hand.

I feel like their should be laws that make the doctors immediately euthanize someone if they're going to be braindead or paralyzed even if it's from an accident like a car crash.
I'll look them up later... But like I said, I live in the states. I've read forms online and we can refuse care here, and withdraw care. But I'll look them up.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023

The saddest thing is the kid was blinking when asked if he wanted to die but the mother still refused. I don't know why they even ask you to blink if you want to die when they clearly refuse to put you out of your misery. Finally he didn't just die, he suffered even more for years after an infection form the complications of his numerous treatments killed him. Poor sod!

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
People are scared because there is no way to know what degree of damage you will cause to yourself. For one, if they know it's a suicide attempt, they have the right to void a DNR in America. Meaning you could be saved and survive after having a massive stroke but not be declared brain dead. Then you are stuck with a half limp body that you have to try and navigate when you didn't even plan to live in the first place. Because if they know you tried to kill yourself in the first place, they're not going to be asking you while you're intubated if you want to pull they plug on yourself.
I'm just so confused. My uncle shot himself and I was there when he decided to have is intubation (only thing keeping him alive) and so he'd die naturally, and he did. In a biblebelt state
The saddest thing is the kid was blinking when asked if he wanted to die but the mother still refused. I don't know why they even ask you to blink if you want to die when they clearly refuse to put you out of your misery. Finally he didn't just die, he suffered even more for years after an infection form the complications of his numerous treatments killed him. Poor sod!
Was that kid a minor because no one has power of attorney over me or anything. Also, my mom would abide by my wishes which would clearly be noted that I want no treatment.

Last edited:
Ash

Ash

Elementalist
Oct 4, 2021
I'm not in a great place right now so this might be completely inappropriate and if so, please feel free to ask the mods to delete it and warn me or whatever.

But...

I can't tell from your recent posts if you're trying to understand how people work, in order to develop greater empathy etc, in which case fair enough, or if you're deliberately stirring the pot and trying to bait people, in which case I wish you'd stop. Either way, I'm putting you on ignore now so won't see any further responses, but my own state of mind needed to get that off my chest in case my worst suspicions are correct. If they're unfounded, I genuinely apologise but the ignore solution will prevent it from happening again.

Reactions: rozeske
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I'm just so confused. My uncle shit himself and I was there when he decided to have is intubation (only thing keeping him alive) and so he'd die naturally, and he did. In a biblebelt state
That's not a frequent occurrence though. Almost always if you did something to harm yourself they are going to null and void your right to decide because you are deemed a threat to yourself and incapable of making sound decisions. It's lovely that they did that for your uncle, but I would be weary to take that situation as a ground for what could happen to you. This also assumes that whatever brain damage you sustain allows you to comprehend or express language. There's a lot of factors that go into this and I'm truly happy your uncle was able to go peacefully but that doesn't always happen and that's why people are scared of it.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
I'm not in a great place right now so this might be completely inappropriate and if so, please feel free to ask the mods to delete it and warn me or whatever.

But...

I can't tell from your recent posts if you're trying to understand how people work, in order to develop greater empathy etc, in which case fair enough, or if you're deliberately stirring the pot and trying to bait people, in which case I wish you'd stop. Either way, I'm putting you on ignore now so won't see any further responses, but my own state of mind needed to get that off my chest in case my worst suspicions are correct. If they're unfounded, I genuinely apologise but the ignore solution will prevent it from happening again.
I have no idea how I could be stirring the pot. By all means ignore, anyone else is free to. I've thought I've made legitimate points and views from personal experience based upon where I live. I don't have a secure method yet, and nothing is 100%, so if I ODed and ended up in a coma forever, I'm okay with that. But if others aren't is that just the difference? Which is fine. I just see so many people not wanting to become a vegetable. This is strictly info. I resent the implication that my post is set for anything otherwise. If anything, I would think this would drive people to be more cautious with their choice of method so they don't end up in a worse position than they already are in now.
That's not a frequent occurrence though. Almost always if you did something to harm yourself they are going to null and void your right to decide because you are deemed a threat to yourself and incapable of making sound decisions. It's lovely that they did that for your uncle, but I would be weary to take that situation as a ground for what could happen to you. This also assumes that whatever brain damage you sustain allows you to comprehend or express language. There's a lot of factors that go into this and I'm truly happy your uncle was able to go peacefully but that doesn't always happen and that's why people are scared of it.
Hm. Like I said, I just don't have knowledge of this and it case by case. It was clear that his intent was intentional and they abided by his wish. However with my father, i should've been the ONLY one to decide his care as I was his only blood relative left. My sister is not his biological child, and we lied and said my mom was his common-law wife because they only allowed two vistors. He was never awake. They outvoted me on ending life support and organ donation. It was illegal to me so Im just so confused. I guess I just better get it right, whatever method I go with is the consensus/point. Period.

Last edited:
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I fear being paralyzed, disabled, left with brain damage etc. Killing myself would feel way harder and life would be even worse than now
I am not too sure what a vegetative state is, but don't a lot of people in that state remain alive and conscious for periods of time?

BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
Oh, THAT vegetation. Thought this was a thread about being scared of nature.

Absolutely. Anything that puts me on a vulnerable state and extremely depending on others truly scares me. That is a huge risk when trying to ctb.

Being completely self-sufficient or not being. There is no middle for me.

yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

I only care about cats eating corn on the cob.
Mar 4, 2022
You might not care that you're brain dead but all you're doing is inconveniencing others. Think of the people that have to look after you, cleaning up your drool and wiping your arse. Probably also a financial strain on your family to pay for care.

Reactions: 4am
M

Mi Mi

No One Special
Mar 18, 2024
I see a lot of people not wanting to with this or that method for fear of becoming a vegetable... Other than having a friend or family member having to decide to pull the plug, I don't see why if you didn't successfully die, and ended up brain dead, why that would be so terrible? I mean, you're not conscious, and never will be, so.... What am I missing? Btw if it helps, I would prefer this as at least this way I could donate my organs and body to science. I plan to die with as many forms and write affirmations (won't be notarized so don't know if a signed statement will count) about it. I won't be leaving traces of emergency contacts, and will state that I don't want any life-saving measures taken, DNR, etc., only enough to stabilize my body for donation. Why are people adverse to becoming a vegetable? My uncle shot himself and lived, and even he was able to take himself off of life support because he knew he would have no quality of life. I'm just not getting why this would be a bad thing. I understand not wanting to end up living with brain damage or surviving and having to live with an falty limb or organ damage failure etc, as we're not trying to make it worse ourelves...
I thought I was the only one who sees it this way.
I'm fine with being a vegetable as long as I'm not aware.
If I an aware I would just have to bare it.
I feel like sometime we have to pick one hell for another.
I'd be willing to suffer that then continue the life I have now.

• Informative
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Was that kid a minor because no one has power of attorney over me or anything. Also, my mom would abide by my wishes which would clearly be noted that I want no treatment.
He was 17 when he committed but died 3 years after that. The second case was not minor but anyways minor or not I have yet to see a case of a suicide attempt gone wrong where their wishes to die were respected and life support withdrawn. In any case they will keep you alive as their wish even if your eyelashes are the only parts of you that moves. In that moment it's not about what you want but what the person in charge of your health care wants.

Edit: sorry the first guy was 18 when he made an attempt.

Last edited:
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
I fear being paralyzed, disabled, left with brain damage etc. Killing myself would feel way harder and life would be even worse than now
I am not too sure what a vegetative state is, but don't a lot of people in that state remain alive and conscious for periods of time?
I guess that's just really a sticky subject apparently. I guess there are more "states" of vegetative states than I was aware of. I fear what you said you fear, and like I said, I'm not going to do something unless I know I've got the best chance I can get to death, but god forbid that leave me in a coma where I could "one day" way up, or be declared brain dead but still be able to live on life support, I'm okay with that. Maybe others aren't. And, I'm hearing that it's really just chance on what you can decide for yourself so, I'm just going to get it right. I've watched two people be let go. One I would cut my foot off right now to bring back, and one I didn't care about. But they were both allowed to be let go. I got accused of starting drama when, I held my dead father in my arms and I couldn't even speak about it or acknowledge it for several years, so the fact that I bring it up to somehow cause people pain, is fucking rude to me. Maybe people are biased because I had a controversial post in the past, so ignore my threads and you'll never see me again then. I'll be as good as dead to you.
I thought I was the only one who sees it this way.
I'm fine with being a vegetable as long as I'm not aware.
If I an aware I would just have to bare it.
I feel like sometime we have to pick one hell for another.
I'd be willing to suffer that then continue the life I have now.
Thank you for responding! Finally someone who seems reasonable and not close-minded to my scenario.
He was 17 when he committed but died 3 years after that. The second case was not minor but anyways minor or not I have yet to see a case of a suicide attempt gone wrong where their wishes to die were respected and life support withdrawn. In any case they will keep you alive as their wish even if your eyelashes are the only parts of you that moves. In that moment it's not about what you want but what the person in charge of your health care wants.
I mean were they American? Are you even an American? My father's situation was '17 in the same county as my uncle, who died in '22. I plan to go to a hotel near those same hospitals.
Have you ever talked to a "brain dead" person or to a person that cannot articulate themselves anymore? We "normal and healthy" humans assume they don't feel and think like we do but they (the "brain dead") cannot answer us. There are certainly many different kind of stages of being "brain dead" in "coma".

The facts are that people most likely never will recover from such an injury and therefore are doomed to a life in misery that they did not deserve at all.

Depending on country specific law there can be a living will that you don't want t be kept alive by machines or not wanna be resuscitated but that is very country (and culture) specific.
My uncle walked, then lost the ability to, he couldn't verbally speak but could gesture and understand you, he couldn't touch the letters correctly on an ipad, but it was his choice, NOT his mom (my grandmother) and dad's choice, to take the tube out and off the ventilator which was the only thing keeping him alive. He was on a lot of pains meds to be as comfortable as possible, and stopping breathing and was gone the next day. Similar to my father but he has no brain activity left, and my sister and mother decided against to do the same. If that helps. And from the forms I've read online about end-of-care and donating, that's why I'm asking.

Last edited:
Reactions: iloverachel
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I mean were they American? Are you even an American? My father's situation was '17 in the same county as my uncle, who died in '22. I plan to go to a hotel near those same hospitals.
OK. It makes a little sense now. I will just cut this here. And no, am not American :)

• Informative
Reactions: DefinitelyReady