W

wildflower27

Sep 15, 2023
I suffer from religious ocd
I'm scared I'm going to go to hell because I didn't follow the "right" religion but I don't know which one is right if any
I just want to stop existing :'(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: february in alaska, annointed_towers, H25pital Order and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The only hell is this hellish world, I believe death to be nothing more than a dreamless, eternal sleep, death is true peace to me.

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader, FRUSTRATED MIND, doormat25 and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The only hell as far as I know is this world, if it has been so cruel to you that it has brought you to this point, yearning to stop existing then the only hell is this world. But, I understand why you're worried about going to hell, religion says if one commits suicide, they are condemned to hell for eternity and it may make people very worrisome, especially those who want death.

This is a very tricky situation to be in so hopefully you manage to get out of it soon. Best wishes. 🫂

Reactions: zanahori, Immensevoid and Departme
sanshi

sanshi

Sep 18, 2023
There is no more hell than here that makes a person lose his mind, they call us crazy and silence us with drugs

Reactions: Tired_of_myself, losing hope, Eternal🌈Rainbow and 3 others
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
I'm exactly the same. I fear deeply for my soul in the afterlife. That's the main thing that is holding me back nowadays. I pray everyday, every night, all the time. But, I'm deeply scared to go to hell. To suffer from eternal damnation

Departme

Departme

Mar 23, 2023
There is no afterlife and zero scientific evidence to suggest there is. If by some freak there was then it must be in some realm of physics we have no comprehension of and never will, and I am quite sure any 'creator' as such would have nothing but empathy for any person wanting off this awful world. The sad thing is it simply does not need to be the hell it is, there is sufficient resources for everybody to live a happier life but oh no, money rules and so does power so we have a world run by a series of despot rulers, and even in those countries classed as advanced western society a large portion of the population live day to day or in utter poverty and nobody in power cares less. The best thing for this world is an asteroid coming or a super volcano to erupt and then in time to let the bacteria, plant life and insects live in peace before we kill them off ourselves with global warming as coal & oil = money & power. Lets be honest the aim of carbon neutral is just talk by multiple and coal and oil continues to be burned in record amounts, plus we're already past the tipping point anyway as we're seeing with one natural catastrophe after another.

Reactions: zanahori, Neverfeltdeader, losing hope and 1 other person
Kōenji

Kōenji

Sep 17, 2023
Try thinking of it like this, if your soul is truly wretched to the core, filled with ill desires and wrongful intent and have acted around these things, only then will you have a place in hell. Don't worry you seem like a good person who just knows this world is shit. You will find peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tired_of_myself and Eternal🌈Rainbow
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
you get over it by time

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no hell, no Afterlife , no reincarnation.

After death a human ceases to exist forever

A human is just an animal, a machine

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader, trove1080p and cscott
Spectre

Spectre

I am serious about not taking things seriously
Nov 27, 2023
I was going to make a thread about this. Being raised religious is such hell because I'm now terrified of hell as a real place. The last time I attempted I literally saw flames in the void. I know it's all just in my head and that hell isn't real but this programming is really intense.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
First of all I would strongly recommend looking into NDEs. Those show that if you believe in a religion at the moment of death you will be forced to reincarnate here back on earth

And afaik this is already hell we are in
There is no hell, no Afterlife , no reincarnation.

After death a human ceases to exist forever

A human is just an animal, a machine
Wrong

You're an intelligent poster I usually like your posts and likes but you're wrong here.

There's public studies available for free on the internet that show reincarnation is real. It's been proven without a doubt
The only question is if it's forced or if we get to choose. Brett Stuart and his remote viewing team says it's forced

My thoughts:
This is NOT base reality. We're in a hall of mirrors

Last edited:
Reactions: Ninja_Master
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
I'm scared I'm going to go to hell because I didn't follow the "right" religion but I don't know which one is right if any
I also have OCD, I've always seen life as some sort of punishment, until I got this, I already suffer from many other conditions, but since I have this it makes my feel I never truly knew hell until now, I get intrusive thoughts every single second, day and night, whether I'm awake or not, what frightens me the most is getting the opposite of what I've always wanted in the afterlife, if there's really is one.
You're not alone in this. ♥️

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Why? Have you done something horrible? There are rich pedophiles abusing children and they are getting away with it. If anyone is going to hell it's going to be them

Reactions: H25pital Order
new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
I also have OCD. I know how the anxiety loop feels, its awful. If there were a God, which I do not believe, then he is supposedly all knowing. You seem like a good person, pushed to the end of their rope. You are not obligated to suffer to appease anyone, even God. If he is all knowing, he knows you are doing your best. Thats all we ever do, the best we can manage under the circumstances. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing you are worthy of forgiveness. We all are. :)

Reactions: zanahori
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I don't think God will reward you with heaven or paradise simply because you suffer through a life of pain. God made you to die one day, it doesn't really matter when you go or how you go -- the destination is the same. Good luck to you.

Reactions: FRUSTRATED MIND
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
My religion teacher always told us that youre going to go to purgatory if you commit suicide, whichc is something between heaven and hell. So if god is real, then maybe thats where youll go. Im not sure though, im not religious

dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
I'm not sure of exactly what comes next, I don't think anyone can be until our time, but I'd like to believe that someone suffering who kills themself wouldn't be punished for that. That'd be unnecessarily cruel, I think.

Reactions: H25pital Order
new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
I'm not sure of exactly what comes next, I don't think anyone can be until our time, but I'd like to believe that someone suffering who kills themself wouldn't be punished for that. That'd be unnecessarily cruel, I think.
Very true. If there is a God, and he were born to human form without any knowledge outside it, he would be as broken, scared, and confused as the rest of us. We cannot be expected to act perfectly, as we are imperfect beings. Assuming there is a creator, he knows this, he made us imperfect because perfection is stagnant, unchanging, and unable to act freely (as to act freely means you can act imperfectly). It's unlikely any God would punish anyone really.

Reactions: zanahori
dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
Very true. If there is a God, and he were born to human form without any knowledge outside it, he would be as broken, scared, and confused as the rest of us. We cannot be expected to act perfectly, as we are imperfect beings. Assuming there is a creator, he knows this, he made us imperfect because perfection is stagnant, unchanging, and unable to act freely (as to act freely means you can act imperfectly). It's unlikely any God would punish anyone really.
I like your take on this a lot, seems like a healthy way to look at things. We're all imperfect, so if not everyone deserves punishment, then who doesn't?

Reactions: new2blue
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Same here, my ocd is actual torture at this point. I was also raised in a religious family so as I plan to ctb idk if I'll find peace even in the afterlife. However in my religion at least, people believe in predestination and that God has already decided everyone's fate in the womb before they're born. So I don't think we can really blame ourselves right, if God wrote it like that in the first place how is it our fault? We didn't really stand a chance. You can't have both free will and predestination it doesn't make sense. God is supposed to be all forgiving, how can he blame us for something he himself decided and we didn't have any choice over. How are we to blame for taking our lives when we didn't take them in the first place and it was all orchestrated by him? It doesn't make any sense.

• Informative
Reactions: annointed_towers
inaminute

inaminute

Student
Dec 12, 2023
There is no hell or afterlife. We're you aware before you were born?

Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
I'm in the same position, I don't believe in any religions or that there is such afterlife but the fear of it still presists, I hate it, so I just hope that there is nothing after death.

Reactions: inaminute
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
The three things I'm most scared of are
1) reincarnation
2) ending up mirroring my state of mind now
3) not being with the people and animals I love
Any of those three are fates worse than death

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
What the "right" religion is, huh?

Well,.. there's lots of options out there and most of them claim to be the only real one, which would lead me to believe that either all of them are wrong, or all of them share some core truth.

If all of them are wrong you have nothing to worry about and in the case of them sharing a core truth it's probably about living a virtous life, having faith in your god, doing good, etc, and then it wouldn't really make much of a difference which specific religion you follow.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Religion is shit they tell children to make them behave.

S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
I have often pondered this as well. But I believe this world, Earth, is "hell." As someone who grew up in a Christian household, I'm very aware and apprised on hell. But everything that is described as hell in scriptures and elsewhere is Earth. Think of how many enslaved people were burned alive in the USA, tortured to death in WWI and WW2, raped to death via human trafficking...? Think of how many millions of people are starving to death when ONE human being who is a billionaire could feed all of them. Think of all the lies, manipulation and falsehoods that you must accept in this world to be "accepted."

Death is the only humanly conceivable way to escape all this. What could possibly be worse? I suffer physical and emotional pain every day, in perpetuity. If hell is perpetual torture, sadness, emptiness, loneliness, etc. then I'm already here.

N

no-name9859472882

Student
May 16, 2021
Kinda surprised how many of u have ocd, I'll join the club here and admit I suffer from it too

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Were you in heaven, or hell, before you were born, OP? If you don't know, you simply weren't at either of them; I'm saying this because it's going to be exactly like that after you're gone