• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019
Should the 'c' word be banned? Should it be a reason to cut someone off completely? If they are scared of it, imagine how the person who had it felt. 'We want you to get better'. Fat lot of good if they say that but the person with it loses everyone because of it.

Reactions: Superfluous
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Should the 'c' word be banned? Should it be a reason to cut someone off completely? If they are scared of it, imagine how the person who had it felt. 'We want you to get better'. Fat lot of good if they say that but the person with it loses everyone because of it.
What is the c word?
Cunt?

Reactions: AveryConure, Norest4thewicked, brighter and 1 other person
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019
Lol no. But I guess that is a word some people would use to describe me.

• Yay!
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Lol no. But I guess that is a word some people would use to describe me.
What word are you talking about then? I'm high as fuck so I'm lost

• Yay!
Reactions: Norest4thewicked and brighter
sadsoul

sadsoul

Alive and unwell
Sep 9, 2018
I too believe that centrism is a reason to cut someone off completely lmao

agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
celery?

• Yay!
Reactions: Norest4thewicked, martha and brighter
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019
Please stop making fun of me. I have been trying to open up. Please can this thread be locked?

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Please stop making fun of me. I have been trying to open up. Please can this thread be locked?
We're not making fun (ok maybe one person is but I think that's just light teasing) but I'm so confused by this post. What is the c word? Is it for real centrism? I had to look that up and I'm still confused

Reactions: About_to_Go and brighter
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
sorry buddy

Reactions: About_to_Go and brighter
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I think he/she means ctb?
But saying should ctb be a reason to cut someone off completely doesn't make sense on this forum. IDK man. I'm lost

silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019
I'm really sorry, neither of those things are what I meant. It's ok, I just wasn't making sense.

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
"C" as in Cancer

Reactions: Superfluous and DepressionsAHo
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
@silentsinger tag a mod here if you wish this thread to be closed.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019

Some good information on the Canadian Cancer Society website:
How people may react:
You will probably find that the people react to your cancer diagnosis in different ways.

• Some people will know exactly what to say and do. They will know how to support you during your cancer journey.
  • Some people might withdraw or avoid you. They may not feel that they can deal with the situation.
    • They may be scared to see you sick or in pain.
    • They may fear that seeing you will be upsetting or force them to think about the possibility of getting cancer themselves.
    • They may be threatened by illness.
    • They may worry that they don't know what to say or that they will say the wrong thing.
    • They may feel like they don't know what to do to help.
  • People close to you may think they are protecting you by not talking openly or honestly about cancer, even when you need or want to talk about it. They may try to act positive and happy. They might change the subject any time you mention the diagnosis.
  • Based on their understanding of the disease or previous experience with it, some people may think of cancer as a death sentence.
  • Some people may cope by going into denial and act like nothing is happening.
Dealing with people's responses
It can be very difficult to talk with people when they react in ways that you don't understand. You may feel hurt and confused by their reactions.

The following suggestions might help you deal with different reactions.

• Try phoning or writing an email or letter to a relative or friend that has been absent. Let them know you would like to see them.
  • Give people some practical suggestions on how they can help, like returning library books or cooking a meal for you or your family. This can help people feel involved.
  • Try sharing information about current treatments and approaches for your type of cancer. This may lessen people's fears and give them more hope.
In some cases, you may have to accept that someone cannot deal with cancer. While this can be upsetting, it's important to know that you haven't done anything wrong. They are staying away because they can't accept or deal with your cancer diagnosis.

• Love
Reactions: silentsinger
Status
Not open for further replies.