• Often

Votes: 36 50.0%
  • Every day

Votes: 26 36.1%

• Total voters
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
I have. I had been looking for a group of people to play this game Among Us with that actually use discord (voice chat service). it's basically a whodunnit scenario where as a team you have to determine who the 'imposters' are that are killing the rest of the crew. it is very fun but it is best enjoyed with people you can actually talk to as that adds to the excitement, and I don't have any other friends who play.

last night, I found a full group of people who talk on discord during the game. it was my first time playing with them, and everything was going great. we had won a couple games, had some laughs. then, one round I was defending someone who I thought was legit and they said "well wait til I wring your neck!" and I said "that'd probably work out for me anyways." in this moment I forgot that not everybody is suicidal and that kind of "joke" is kinda fucked up. I heard a spectator say "that's a weird thing to say" and everyone fell quiet for a bit. the vibes were off the rest of the time, and I don't see them wanting to play again. been thinking about it all morning.

ever say something stupid? any recent examples you'd share? how long do you cling to the embarrassment? is it something you can get over quickly or does it haunt you, like it does me? also does anyone wanna play Among Us? ;(

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Caspers, TheSoulless, Xocoyotziin and 9 others
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
Yes but I take it better nowadays, interacting more made me realize that people say stupid things often... but it's never too important. I don't mind much when people say such things, it's just for a moment. Then I forget about it. I suppose everybody does when it comes to other people. Still there are a few cringe personal moments that haunt me! But I keep going! Ehehe.

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless, XYZ, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I feel like everything I said is stupid haha. I realized it right after I said it. I can't get over the embarrassment too, it haunts me

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ, the witch’s lament, Birdie and 2 others
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
Oh yes. Every time I think I said something stupid I'm trying to fix it, but then it gets even worse lol. Sometimes it haunts me for days, sometimes not.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, puppy9, XYZ and 2 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Damn that sucks,. But hey.... You were caught up in the moment of the game. I'd like to imagine these people soon forgot or just let it go.

I get it though for sure,. can often say some stupid shit myself. How long I cling on or let it go? All depends on .. What I say in that particular moment and Who it is that I'm talking to.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, the witch’s lament and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Several times a day :ehh:

Each time I leave the office I ask myself "Why did I say that... or why did I write that... ?" It's awful and giving me an ulcer.

I actually set up this goal for myself: speak/e-mail as little as possible, as seldom as possible. I hope this new strategy will help me reduce the number of stupid things I say.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni, the witch’s lament, LastWhisper and 1 other person
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
All the time lol. It's worse because I don't talk very much either so I fear people think I'm just dumb. Also it frustrates me that sometimes it's really hard to say what you actually mean and it comes out wrong, but by then it's too late.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, XYZ and the witch’s lament
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
I don't talk much at all thankfully, if I had to say all the things I think I'd immediately ctb from cringe

• Aww..
Reactions: Huntfish34, DivineMedicus and the witch’s lament
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
My anxiety makes me second guess everything I say, so I believe that I say many stupid things everyday. I wish I could let go of the embarrassment, shame, whatever I feel about what I said, but I can't.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9, Huntfish34 and the witch’s lament
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Im the king of saying the dumbest stupidest shit lol. I also spend alot of time playing games on steam and talk about killing myself and shit when im drunk which is very often these days. One week to go for me so nothing really matters anyway. fuck it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, the witch’s lament and Huntfish34
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I honestly think our cringe moments stick with us much more than they do with other people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, SuicideBoys93, the witch’s lament and 1 other person
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
You're right Rosey ,. I believe they do too... Sadly. =\

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ramirez and the witch’s lament
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
For anyone interested: fucking outdone myself tonight. had the most idiotic conversations. hella drunk. one less day though so that a good thing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Xocoyotziin, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I have that syndrome where I'd have an argument with someone and then days later at 2am in bed I would think of brilliant, genius things to say when I have a cooler head. I hate that so much!

Reactions: Ghost2211 and the witch’s lament
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
For anyone interested: fucking outdone myself tonight. had the most idiotic conversations. hella drunk. one less day though so that a good thing.
I sent you a PM based off your last response! totally relate to you getting drunk and sayin some shit. would love to hear from you.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i say foolish things all the time, but it's more a matter of acting so that people will see me the way i want them to, if that makes sense.

i regret everything i say, though, even things like "hello". oh, the joys of overthinking. /s

• Love
Reactions: the witch’s lament
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
Ran into a girl I use to have a crush on in high school at my new gym. I don't wear my glasses when I workout... So I go to get the key fob so I can gain access to the gym. She ended opening the door for me... Before it even dawned on me who I was speaking to I asked if she worked at the gym hahahaha. I felt dumb. I mean I'm new back in town but yeah wasn't my proudest moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: the witch’s lament and Ghost2211
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
every day, even in this forum just now

Reactions: the witch’s lament and Ghost2211
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

Sep 18, 2020
Me too, fun times lol
look the thread '' Carbon monoxide at home '' I think it kind of influences him in his goals
had cited another forum on murder / genocide

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
look the thread '' Carbon monoxide at home '' I think it kind of influences him in his goals
had cited another forum on murder / genocide
It's ok man being able to laugh at ourselves and own it when we do something dumb is a strength. Learning from mistakes is how we grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spitfire
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Everyday there's someone new thinking I'm a weirdo or just stupid. I only regret it when I say something mean

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
'carbon monoxide at home' should lead me there ?

because I saw your response to this thread, and CO poisoning and homicide transcend what I was talking about. all good just wondering what you meant.
It's gone now since it contained talk of killing others. He just made a joke not realizing op was treading on dangerous ground.

L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

Sep 18, 2020
'carbon monoxide at home' should lead me there ?

because I saw your response to this thread, and CO poisoning and homicide transcend what I was talking about. all good just wondering what you meant.
I recommended him to go to a gore forum, thats the joke.

the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
It's gone now since it contained talk of killing others. He just made a joke not realizing op was treading on dangerous ground.
thanks for clarifying. I have seen a couple threads made today on contemplating homicide. assertions of murder don't fall under 'saying stupid shit' or cringe interactions !

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Its giving me bad anxiety Im shaking
That thread upset me to read

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, L I F E T O L O S E and the witch’s lament