W

wheretfami

Oct 2, 2023
People go into savior mode and say the most generic things when I tell them I'm suicidal. They tell me to live, then they've "done their job" and ignore me and the problem yet again, which is having no one to talk to. We're an at best last-minute and at worst after-the-fact fucking society. Even worse when these assholes who ignore you completely in life say shit at your funeral like they ever gave a shit. It's gross.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, pole, Seered Doom and 6 others
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
I've been seeing a lot of pro life sentiment on this site recently. Not even in the recovery section (which I have disabled in settings). I do not mind in the slightest that pro life people exist and are the way they are; they're alive and functional and good for them. Seeing it here, in suicide discussion, made me uncomfortable. When people are called insensitive or offensive for expressing their experience with wanting to die. I did not expect it here but this is the first and only suicide forum I've ever been on. It makes me feel like I'm too toxic to be here. Like I ought to stay quiet like I do in real life and die silently, like a sick animal crawling out of sight under a brush knowing its last moments are near. Then they can perform their after the fact act and carry on with their lives.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Seered Doom and WAITING TO DIE
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
People go into savior mode and say the most generic things when I tell them I'm suicidal. They tell me to live, then they've "done their job" and ignore me and the problem yet again, which is having no one to talk to. We're an at best last-minute and at worst after-the-fact fucking society. Even worse when these assholes who ignore you completely in life say shit at your funeral like they ever gave a shit. It's gross.
No one can 'save' you, you have to save yourself. That said, I think many people mean well. Because it's a taboo subject people don't really know what to say other than the generic scripted platitudes.

It's new territory for most people to discuss such a thing and for them to be open to being authentic is difficult when we live in a culture that values the idea of life more highly than the actual lived quality of it.

Reactions: Seered Doom, WAITING TO DIE and lament.
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I've completely given up talking to people about suicide unless they themselves are suicidal. It's something that you can't understand without going through it yourself, so those who haven't will just become flustered and either stop speaking to you or give shallow responses - not because they don't care, but because they just don't know what to do.

• Love
Reactions: Jealous Blackheart, Phantomygg, Seered Doom and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023

Most People only care about you when you die, and they only do it out of guilt, or self pity.
Very few, if any, actually truly care.
Family and friends are often the worst offenders when it comes to understanding, or caring about those of us who are suffering.
I remember one particular time when I was suffering from a major bout of depression and was suicidal. I told My Mother how I couldn't cope anymore.
Her response was " stop feeling sorry for yourself and grow up " .
She was fully aware that I had been diagnosed with clinical depression and bipolar 1, yet completely invalidated my suffering.
I no longer have any friends and have very little contact with my family anymore because all of them had very little or no empathy whatsoever to my struggles.
I view them all as fake and selfish and want nothing more to do with them.
I'm not a self-pitying attention seeker, I just wanted a little bit of understanding from people who were supposed to be there for me.
I've completely given up talking to people about suicide unless they themselves are suicidal. It's something that you can't understand without going through it yourself, so those who haven't will just become flustered and either stop speaking to you or give shallow responses - not because they don't care, but because they just don't know what to do.
Exactly right. I view it as pointless talking to non-suicidal people because unless they have actually been in the pit of despair and walked in the shoes of a truly suicidal person , then they will never, ever comprehend the turmoil that we go through.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lament.
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot stand those pro-life people, I believe they only just create more harm and suffering, I'm not even surprised that people are acting in such a way, sadly suicidal people are treat insensitively everywhere.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE