raison_d'etre

raison_d'etre

a memory
Mar 30, 2021
~ bonjour mon petit ami

there were, and still are a few people on here who get on the chat on saturday, to get drunk or high, chat, let of steam, talk about everything from death to decay. I'm trying to get familiar with python and gdscript so make some easy 3d/2d games, whatever. I can make websites and shit too but not all that great as ive only learned html and css to make the most basic of things, absolutely no javascript, although i plan to check that out sometime to make hybrid android games n shit when i actually have some time or some incentive.

anyways im saying all this to say, im thinking about making a pc "game" with a bar and some tvs with the ability to stream youtube videos, torrents etc, which wouldnt be too hard. and make 1 server for the bar, an exclusive to the sanctioned suicide members.

or

maybe i could make it a hybrid android app, so everyone on android can download the apk, n hop on the server. and everyone on pc can hop on the website n slide in the server

lemme know what yall think, and if any of you'd be into it. if this gets a lot of traction ill take some time and really polish it up :)
i kinda just want something better than the chat, something a little bit more human, ya know. hate the delayed responses -_-

h̶̳͔̾̍́ȏ̴̰̜̳̇̓͋͝p̶̧̪̦̗̟̹̼̪̞̽͆̀͒̓͑̾̈́͘e̶͇̭̤̼͇̱̳̭̾̒͌̍̒̇͛̚ ̷̱̗̗͖̩̽̒̽̍̈̆͝y̴̡̪̹̞̱̮͕͠ǎ̷͉̺͈̻̽̍̇͆̿l̸̙͂͂̑̅͊ḷ̸̰̠̓̆͂̅̇͒̕͝ͅ ̴̻͊d̵̢͎͓̱͓͍̗̓͐̄̓̓ͅo̵̡̡̭͓͍̘͌̈͑͗̈n̵̛̛̳̪̥̱̲̠͐̀̈́̈́̌́̂̐t̷̻̐͂̕̚͜ ̸̖̝͈̐̈́͒̀̀͂̆͛̃w̸̧͚͙̏́̆̎͗̈́̐̉̚͝à̸̛͓̩̺̣̦͌͊̅̅̽͛͗ͅn̴̦͇͘͜͠ṯ̷̨̬̜͍̱̮̻́̓́̋ ̵̣́̽̈́̐̈́̎̃ṯ̸̹̗̜͙̝̈́̏̐͊͊͊̀͘͝͝h̷̛͎̻͇̊̀̂͊͊̔̈́͘e̵̢̥̹̖̻͋̃͐̊̃͊͝ͅ ̶͉̄̾h̶͉̲̲̦͎͕́y̴̢̡͓̻̩̿̊͋̋̓̈̃̔́b̷̭͙͈͓̜̤̋͜͝ͅr̸̨͕̥̗̬͊̂̽ĭ̴͚̓̓̈͠͝d̵̯̳̬̈ ̶̢̨͇͓͇̲̠̓͊å̴̞̗̘̥n̵̹̭̒͛̽͌͒̋͒̌ḏ̵̛̭̰̈́́͒̏́͊̈́̏͗r̵̛̜̳͓̃͑̔̉͂̓͘o̸̭̎̏̑̇̈̌͋̽̽i̸̪͉̠͆d̵̡̺̮̺͂̃̓͌͜ ̴̨̬̥̾͑̓̀͛̽͘a̶̧͕̟̣̙̺͕̽͌̈́̀̈́͌͗p̶̖͈͓͈̟̥̗̗̰͋̇̇p̶͇͎͇̬̩̫͗͛͗͊͌̈́͒͐̚͝ͅ/̴̢̢͕̦̈̒́̌͛ͅw̷̮͖̭̙͙̭̯̔̾̀̔̒̎̆͘͝ę̸̨̗̝̠̻̰̈̈́̐͊̓̄͛͆̾ͅb̵̢͓̥̙͍͂̈̉̈́̇̓s̸̬̤̬͊͋̓͂̀̆͒̚̚͝i̶̡͎̤̥͈͚͔̓̀̽̀͗͘t̷͙̲͈͓̎̇̀͝͝ę̸̪͓̭͐͋̎,̷̢͓̣͔̹̄̓̑́̆̐̉͗͝ͅ ̵̨͖͈̲̹͛̽̄̿̍̉ḩ̴̮̗̲̝̘̓̓͂̀͆y̸̱̳̝͚̳̰̺̔̐̓̔̏̄͝b̴̟̳̣̉r̶̡̦̟̭͇̬̗̀͋̂͝ͅì̷̟̳̦d̶̠̖̣͎͔̮̤̬͍̯̀̂̂̑̃ ̷̧̡̝͍͈̖̹̼̪̈́͋͋̎̚̕͝a̷͉̠̦̙̘͉͂̈́̆̔̀̋͘p̵̛͚̮͙͍̰̫͍̞̜̯͒̅̄p̸̭̅͐̓͝͝s̵̖̔̂̈́̇͛̋͠͝ ̷̧̨̻̱̝̠̳̦̈̈́͋a̵̤̪̭̱̾̋̉r̸̗̣̳͋ę̵̧̛͍̰̖̪̿́͐̔͊͊͌̂ ̴̨̢͚͚͈̦͎̯͑̌̈́͌͛̒̂̂̓͘a̷͎̣̠̦̬̭͚̫̮͖̒́͗̎̾̀̆ ̷͖͔̦̖̙̏͝b̴̬͇̩̲͉͎̾͌͗͛̕͝i̶̧̛̜̖̙̮̳͛̄̏̍̍̐t̷̼̭͐̐̅̔c̷̨͚̩̺̳͐̀͛̇͗̑̕͜͠ͅͅh̸̨̨̢̝̮͐̔̐̾̈́̃̍͑̈̒ ̷̧̖͔͖͈̜͓̥̦̋͗͌̑͒͗̄͐̓̕ȧ̸͕̣̌́̍n̶͍͈͙̪̬̘̩̈́͌͝d̶̯͎̟̪͓̝̮͔̫͑̄̈́ͅ ̴̨̟̼̻̼̻̜̻̦͚̋̂̓͆̒͝a̸̧͖̺̬̿̉̓̇̉͝ ̶̡͌̓̃͗̓̽͐͊̕h̸̹̠̫̪͝å̴̭̦̮̺̟̫̪͚̅̃̉͜ľ̴̤͙͖͍̠̟͓̊͑̋̎̉̃̚͠f̵̡̡̥̠͔̣̀͂͗̿̓̎̊̐͝͝

~ raison_d'etre

Attachments

• closer everyday.gif
    closer everyday.gif
    746.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Interesting, but not sure what the app would do. Like a virtual space with avatars?

L

-L-

‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍‍
Jan 18, 2019
This already exists to some extent.

See this project: https://github.com/calzoneman/sync

Or this modified fork of it: https://github.com/RblSb/SyncTube

These projects allow you to watch youtube (or videos from other sources) synced with a chat along side. Just get a cheap vps with unmetered bandwidth and at least a 1gbps connection, and host an instance yourself. It also may be nice to get a cheap Kimsufi (ovh) server to act as file storage for the cytube instance to pull content from that is not available elsewhere.

Also look into using cloudflare or vanwatech as a cdn and ddos protection (mind you your you need to add browser caching on the origin server, to generate http headers for expiration and cache. Otherwise Cloudflare and vanwa don't do anything in terms of CDN use cases alone.)
Personally I'd use cloudflare as a DNS provider only, and I'd use vanwa as the CDN and ddos, because they are less strict in regards to multi media content, whereas cloudflare is intended only for web pages, unless you want to pay for their bullshit streaming add-ons that are charged by the amount of bandwidth you use. All of this really only becomes relevant however if you are streaming your own media; if it is just something like you tube or some other big site, none of this matters.
If any of that made sense. I am tired, I feel like I went on a tangent...
Anyways best of luck on your projects.

logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
If you want to build something interactive for the browser or the cell phone you can hardly avoid Javascript.

I would recommend Vue.JS as a framework - it can be integrated everywhere without any problems.
Of course, you still have to learn JavaScript - but it's definitely worth it because it is now also used very intensively on the server side. ( node.js )

Reactions: raison_d'etre
raison_d'etre

raison_d'etre

a memory
Mar 30, 2021
This already exists to some extent.

See this project: https://github.com/calzoneman/sync

Or this modified fork of it: https://github.com/RblSb/SyncTube

These projects allow you to watch youtube (or videos from other sources) synced with a chat along side. Just get a cheap vps with unmetered bandwidth and at least a 1gbps connection, and host an instance yourself. It also may be nice to get a cheap Kimsufi (ovh) server to act as file storage for the cytube instance to pull content from that is not available elsewhere.

Also look into using cloudflare or vanwatech as a cdn and ddos protection (mind you your you need to add browser caching on the origin server, to generate http headers for expiration and cache. Otherwise Cloudflare and vanwa don't do anything in terms of CDN use cases alone.)
Personally I'd use cloudflare as a DNS provider only, and I'd use vanwa as the CDN and ddos, because they are less strict in regards to multi media content, whereas cloudflare is intended only for web pages, unless you want to pay for their bullshit streaming add-ons that are charged by the amount of bandwidth you use. All of this really only becomes relevant however if you are streaming your own media; if it is just something like you tube or some other big site, none of this matters.
If any of that made sense. I am tired, I feel like I went on a tangent...
Anyways best of luck on your projects.
i know of other versions of things like this exist, like the addons in gmod, browser chats, discord etc but i was thinking something more grounded, exclusive, and as simple as possible, as you stated "if it is just something like you tube or some other big site, none of this matters." i was thinking only youtube and torrent support, if youve ever heard of webtorrent, vlc, i was thinking something like that streaming the torrent inside the "game" but really on your computer, not actually technically being steamed inside the game, i know theres some way to run external applications inside games, maybe i could do something like that if i could figure it out. i also realize it'd be a bit hard to sync everyone up if its a torrent, and theres prolly gonna be cache problems for people without enough space n shit or whatnot but i dont think it'd be to rough if i had some help with it. ngl tho, if i end up doin it alone, strictly for simplicity sake, what youre talking about is way more feasible. it sounds like you have a lot more experience with networking than i do, would you consider contributing if i started a github?
Interesting, but not sure what the app would do. Like a virtual space with avatars?
yeah, similar to vrchat but no vr. a little exclusive hangout for sanctioned suicide members where in the virtual space you can watch videos on a tv or some shi, drink, hit the bong whatnot lol

Last edited:
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Well I know I like the drinking thing whilst on chat at least. Haven't done that in awhile.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Tres bonne! I like that you have shit to say and are doing something. Cool.