• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
is nembutal by injestion risky because of burning up? and butandiol too?

@ Any ingestion method is scary to me. Burning up might be a risk with N and nobody can tell how deep this suffering might go as there's a moment the N will take the physical power away to *express oneself properly* before falling truly unconscious - and when is that? Í'm afraid for an internal struggle in which seconds feel like minutes and minutes like hours, unnoticed by surrounders which might be why it's given it the premium end-of-life option: it all seems so peaceful for the eye, but what about the dying? I keep worrying about that and was never convinced otherwise. Hence nitro preference.

I don't know so much about butandiol to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, sif and 2 others
J

jizz676

Student
Sep 25, 2018
isnt liquid nitrogen dangerous when you come in contact with it? i read it freezes your body after cold burns

Cold burns. Also called "frostbite," coldburns cause damage to your skin byfreezing it. You can get frostbite by being outside in freezingtemperatures. It can also happen when your skin comes into direct contact with something very cold for a prolonged period of time.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and Lifeisatrap
J

jizz676

Student
Sep 25, 2018
isnt it the same of a Sarco machine if you use a small room or car filled with argon or helium or nitrogen or liquid nitrogen? how much gas would you need?
I read of people dying in a car or small room with lpg gpl gas...maybe only one bottle...donnow how many liters

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and Lifeisatrap
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
isnt it the same of a Sarco machine if you use a small room or car filled with argon or helium or nitrogen or liquid nitrogen? how much gas would you need?
I read of people dying in a car or small room with lpg gpl gas...maybe only one bottle...donnow how many liters

I asked Philips (PN) this once;
Sarco machine in 2019 info

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
PS;
ALL air (100 %) has to be removed and I start to think that wasn't the case with the convulsing pig in that other thread, I have to get all the ins and outs of this, you gave words to my fear with the pig on here pig euthanasia with helium

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, Jen Erik and 3 others
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
Sarco progression (at least there is)

An hilarious (look at those faces) but informative interview by some Japanese guys with PN and Alex (sarco builder) about the last Sarco updates. What have I learned?
- Swiss (I assume Dignitas) will be the pioneer in Sarco-use and this will be a timeconsuming step 1 before... etc.
- Futuristic budget print options - with the only current downside of having to be an engineer to build.

Japanese members on here may especially love it;
https://twitter.com/philipnitschke/status/1090919976482029568

---------

About Sarco's design & display in the same Jap context (still watching);
https://twitter.com/philipnitschke/status/1090344968454107139

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, FTL.Wanderer and 2 others
J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
Does anyone have any updates on when it will be available for use by the general public? any ideas on the pricing, and who will run the operation? (I'm assuming they'll run it in the Netherlands)

I just sent Exit an e-mail but i'm curious if someone already has the answers. I will update when I get a response.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and FTL.Wanderer
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
Does anyone have any updates on when it will be available for use by the general public? any ideas on the pricing, and who will run the operation? (I'm assuming they'll run it in the Netherlands)

I just sent Exit an e-mail but i'm curious if someone already has the answers. I will update when I get a response.

This is the latest Sarco update (following PN's twitter);

But I don't know what I prefere more these days… building a guillotine or a sarco ;)

(ow and don't forget to read my latest post on this thread and watch the Jap interview, verry interesting and y'll be up to date)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
is there a chance to build my own Sarco in 2019? I read that all details and plans to build it will be only avaible to sick people and members of Exit, then you have to fill a simple test to get a code.....I'm not sure, maybe everything will be avaible to everybody. This is my favourite method, better than nembutal. I think it costs 1000 euro....does it need nitrogen or liquid nitrogen, I dont know the difference

I've been watching that with interest, too. I'm convinced that engineers, if this field were freed of the ideological confounders, can build end-machines that accomplish what many of us want--painless, reliable, and (relatively) fast exits.
I need this thing in my home. One way or another. I will move mountains to get it here. I'm determined.

Love it!
since it's reusable, we should all chip in and print one for SS community =)

Brilliant. I'll send the first cryptocurrency donation.
Yup true. According to Philip there will be plenty of 3D shops in the nearby future.

@ Industrial sounds big btw

Want to go into business together for a couple of years?
That might sound like a good idea, and just wondering how does one go about hiding the dead body and avoiding liability with such a device? I'd imagine if someone died in the machine, there has to be a way to move it to allow the next person to use it.

We open up a fertilizer processing plant just next door...

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
PS;
ALL air (100 %) has to be removed and I start to think that wasn't the case with the convulsing pig in that other thread, I have to get all the ins and outs of this, you gave words to my fear with the pig on here pig ing euthanasia with helium
I saw that video. The pig wasn't convulsing. It didn't know what was going on so it was half heartedly trying to stand up. I thought it was a peaceful death.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
Want to go into business together for a couple of years?

You would've made me so soo happy with your proposal a little while ago...
Why the heck can't I free myself from a brutish way out as the one & only humane way! :(

I saw that video. The pig wasn't convulsing. It didn't know what was going on so it was half heartedly trying to stand up. I thought it was a peaceful death.

I wish that was it. Death had yet to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
is there a chance to build my own Sarco in 2019? I read that all details and plans to build it will be only avaible to sick people and members of Exit, then you have to fill a simple test to get a code.....I'm not sure, maybe everything will be avaible to everybody. This is my favourite method, better than nembutal. I think it costs 1000 euro....does it need nitrogen or liquid nitrogen, I dont know the difference
Where did you hear it will cost 1000 euros? also, where did you read on who is eligible to use one? is mental illness (schizophrenia) eligible?
This is the latest Sarco update (following PN's twitter);

But I don't know what I prefere more these days… building a guillotine or a sarco ;)

(ow and don't forget to read my latest post on this thread and watch the Jap interview, verry interesting and y'll be up to date)

If it's true that it costs approximately 1000 euros, then this would be the equivalent price of building a guillotine, except much cleaner.

Since they are actually building these I'm assuming they will be put to use. If they can get Dignitas to de-medicalize the procedure and lower the cost to something affordable like 1000 euros, or just run the operation themselves at this price, it would be an amazing solution.

I really hope this will end up being a viable method very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Where did you hear it will cost 1000 euros? also, where did you read on who is eligible to use one? is mental illness (schizophrenia) eligible?

If it's true that it costs approximately 1000 euros, then this would be the equivalent price of building a guillotine, except much cleaner.

Since they are actually building these I'm assuming they will be put to use. If they can get Dignitas to de-medicalize the procedure and lower the cost to something affordable like 1000 euros, or just run the operation themselves at this price, it would be an amazing solution.

I really hope this will end up being a viable method very soon.

It would probably be extremely hard for people like us to get though. Only a few people have ever been euthanized for mental illness.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
Well you have to be of "sound mind" so I read which the test would confirm. Anyone can make that test onilne before he gets into the Sarco (which you then have at home after building it). I would call that hardly any control about who's going to use it. Am I dreaming, was it my own rosy perception?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
If they can get Dignitas to de-medicalize the procedure and lower the cost to something affordable like 1000 euros, or just run the operation themselves at this price, it would be an amazing solution.

This would be just about the best news I've received in my entire lifetime. A place you could just go and leave all the heavy lifting, so to speak, to others you could compensate for the effort. And with enough use, the procedure could become standardized and individual reactions more reliably gauged. For me, so much of the terror of the end could be lifted. And if the staff is something life hospice, maybe they'd even treat us with kindness--not like every other business out there that treats you like a colossal inconvenience even as you're forking over thousands of dollars... I might even pay strangers to accompany me and PRETEND to be my friends and celebrate my end with me. I wouldn't need my pennies anymore and for a few hours they might enjoy the charade in exchange for a couple thousand.

Yes, please let this become standard and affordably accessible soon. I wouldn't even need to read through all the jargon on PPHB or Final Exit or on sites like this one (which I'm a fan of). I'm actually happy reading this thread. I'm feeling my blood pressure drop JUST from thinking a relatively pleasant, painless, quick, low-fear, low-personal-responsibility method is around the corner. I know I'm rambling, but I'm even fantasizing about all the things I'd like to publish professionally but have always been too frightened of the consequences to do so. Best news I've read in a long, long, long, ... , long time.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Idorus
J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
For anyone interested Exit responded to my e-mail about the Sarco a while ago.

For legal reasons Exit is unable to assist with your suicide, nor can we sell you drugs.

That's pretty much the gist of their e-mail. Very disappointing.

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
For anyone interested Exit responded to my e-mail about the Sarco a while ago.

That's pretty much the gist of their e-mail. Very disappointing.
That's what they said to you asking about when the sarco will be available to the public? That's weird. I really would like to know about this. Maybe I'm a fool for thinking this will be an option anytime soon. But if it were this year, I would delay CTB a few more months and go this way. I'd love to go without the terror of failure.

Does anyone know any more about when it will be available?