• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
Hey guys. I've been struggling a lot with panic attacks, and one thing that helps me calm down is SH. I used to scratch my keys along my forearms and hands, but that doesn't really seem to work anymore, the pain level is too low. Is there any other practices you recommend? I don't want to do anything that's too messy or hard to clean up, and I'm trying to find safer ways, so I don't end up needing to go to the hospital if I accidentally take it too far (why I don't really cut). I used to squeeze my skin with a nail clipper until it bled, I wonder if I should start doing that again, but I'd also like to start looking into other options. Any advice appreciated.

Reactions: Interestedsadboi25
Baron

Baron

Is there a meaning to anything?
Jun 29, 2023
I use a knife to cut my thighs, it leaves a burning pain the first day and for the next few days I can still feel it a bit. For example, when I am sitting in class with my hand I go over the spots I cut and I feel a bit of that burning pain again and at the same time remember the moment I cut them, it feels great. The advantage of thighs is that you can easily cover it up under your trousers, noone will see it unless you are running around with naked thighs.

Reactions: MythicalGriff
MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
I use a knife to cut my thighs, it leaves a burning pain the first day and for the next few days I can still feel it a bit. For example, when I am sitting in class with my hand I go over the spots I cut and I feel a bit of that burning pain again and at the same time remember the moment I cut them, it feels great. The advantage of thighs is that you can easily cover it up under your trousers, noone will see it unless you are running around with naked thighs.
What do you cut with? It's less about concealing the area and more about not making too much of a mess/cutting too deep. I use my keys on my forearms because I can scratch them when my hands are in my pockets, and I never go out without wearing some type of long-sleeves (even in the summer)

Baron

Baron

Is there a meaning to anything?
Jun 29, 2023
What do you cut with?
A knife, id say the one I use is more on the dull side, ive got mostly shallow cuts. Its a bit sad tho, only yesterday i cut my thighs again and today I already dont feel anything anymore, even when touching the spot. Dont know about really sharp knifes, I imagine they can be more dangerous. Im probably gonna go with a sharper one in the future, Im used to the shallow cuts already

CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
You can use duct-tape, and peel it of quickly it's an alternative to cutting.

You can try slight burns with candle on arms, or punching a concrete wall.

jellie

jellie

May 9, 2023
hey i used to do the same thing when i was new to SH!
I have the same fears about going to deep and needing medical attention. my advice is to cut with a safety razor! like the kind you'd use to shave your legs or a beard.
i find that this has prevented me from going to deep, but I can still get the pain i need (which is pretty manageable) and not too messy as long as you have a paper towel or washcloth to soak excess blood. The only thing I would recommend about this is to shower beforehand, since showering with fresh cuts is really uncomfortable.

overall it is safe, effective, and easy to clean as long as you are hygienic with the cuts. :)

MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
You can use duct-tape, and peel it of quickly it's an alternative to cutting.

You can try slight burns with candle on arms, or punching a concrete wall.
I might try the burns. I'm concerned about punching a concrete wall because that can cause permanent damage to my hand and I am both an artist and I do Jiu-Jitsu so I kind of need them lol.
hey i used to do the same thing when i was new to SH!
I have the same fears about going to deep and needing medical attention. my advice is to cut with a safety razor! like the kind you'd use to shave your legs or a beard.
i find that this has prevented me from going to deep, but I can still get the pain i need (which is pretty manageable) and not too messy as long as you have a paper towel or washcloth to soak excess blood. The only thing I would recommend about this is to shower beforehand, since showering with fresh cuts is really uncomfortable.

overall it is safe, effective, and easy to clean as long as you are hygienic with the cuts. :)
Awesome, thanks!

Reactions: CandyK__
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
If you use anything bladed, it's a really good idea to sterilise that first and then also your wounds after. For burns, make sure you dress with some light antiseptic ointment and something like a Melolin pad, taped down (shiny side down, the fluffy side will stick to the wound)

• Informative
Reactions: kilowatt
MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
If you use anything bladed, it's a really good idea to sterilise that first and then also your wounds after. For burns, make sure you dress with some light antiseptic ointment and something like a Melolin pad, taped down (shiny side down, the fluffy side will stick to the wound)
Do I have to dress them? What happens if I don't? I'm afraid of family seeing all the garbage/waste

fadedphotograph

fadedphotograph

Nov 15, 2023
I was told to replace my cutting with a rubber band to pull and smack against my wrists instead. I got some from work one time, but I had to pull really hard to the point it bruised for it to get even close to the same relief as cutting. But that's a safe method if the pain level is adequate.

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Do I have to dress them? What happens if I don't? I'm afraid of family seeing all the garbage/waste
If you don't it will get infected and you'll still need medical attention.

If I need to sh I usually just punch myself, it's mostly out of reflex when I'm really out of it but it doesn't have permanent lasting effects, it's easily lied about, you can feel it for another day if you get a good bruise and no medical attention needed.

I used to selfharm for years by cutting but it has too many downsides in my opinion.

MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
ok,
If you don't it will get infected and you'll still need medical attention.

If I need to sh I usually just punch myself, it's mostly out of reflex when I'm really out of it but it doesn't have permanent lasting effects, it's easily lied about, you can feel it for another day if you get a good bruise and no medical attention needed.

I used to selfharm for years by cutting but it has too many downsides in my opinion.
good to know. thanks.

Reactions: fwompie
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
If you don't want infections then yes
You're welcome to pm me if you'd like to learn more. I have a pretty high level of medical knowledge and I'm happy to share/help.

MythicalGriff

MythicalGriff

Nov 14, 2023
try taking extremely hot or cold showers
Yeah I started taking cold showers and kneeling on the ground with my head down so the water is in my face. It's really uncomfortable

Reactions: pawlessz