Sasha

Sasha

Jun 13, 2018
Anyone on this forum who are planning to run away or contemplating between suicide & running away?

Reactions: Pen>Sword, Dani Paradox, Johnnythefox and 3 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
There was a member here who thought about running away. I think she gave up on the idea, though.

You have to be really careful about running away, because it can easily make your life even worse, and diminish your ability to ctb peacefully.

EDIT: Please don't misunderstand me. I have no idea what you are possibly running away from, so it might as well be your best option. Only you can decide, really. It's just that in principle I'm against courses of action that tend to restrict your freedom, rather than enhance it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasha, AlePizarnik, Dani Paradox and 3 others
voool

voool

Experienced
Sep 18, 2018
Anyone on this forum who are planning to run away or contemplating between suicide & running away?
Yes but I'm an adult lol. And I plan to run away then ctb.

Reactions: Sasha, Dani Paradox, throwaway777 and 1 other person
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
There was a member here who thought about running away. I think she gave up on the idea, though.

You have to be really careful about running away, because it can easily make your life even worse, and diminish your ability to ctb peacefully.

EDIT: Please don't misunderstand me. I have no idea what you are possibly running away from, so it might as well be your best option. Only you can decide, really. It's just that in principle I'm against courses of action that tend to restrict your freedom, rather than enhance it.
Anywhere in South America worth running away too? I always wanted to just get up and go somewhere anywhere as long as I'm not in the same city I've been in my entire life. It's frightening for me thinking I have that option. Of course you'd need finances, visas, courage, etc. just to start out but I understand. I always think of this quote 'No matter where you go, there you are" meaning your problems will always follow you.

Reactions: Sasha, throwaway777 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Anywhere in South America worth running away too? I always wanted to just get up and go somewhere anywhere as long as I'm not in the same city I've been in my entire life. It's frightening for me thinking I have that option. Of course you'd need finances, visas, courage, etc. just to start out but I understand. I always think of this quote 'No matter where you go, there you are" meaning your problems will always follow you.

Buckaroo Banzai? Love that movie.

I really don't recommend running away in South America. This a violent place, and people unfamiliar with the territory are easily targeted. Deaths are not quick, and often preceded by rape.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Buckaroo Banzai? Love that movie.

I really don't recommend running away in South America. This a violent place, and people unfamiliar with the territory are easily targeted. Deaths are not quick, and often preceded by rape.
Still it would be cool if I had enough guts. You only live once am I right?

Reactions: throwaway777, Schopenhauer and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Still it would be cool if I had enough guts. You only live once am I right?

I certainly hope so. Or else I'm fucked :p

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and throwaway777
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
To quote Steely Dan from the song Any major dude will tell you "you can try to run but you can't hide from what's inside of you"
I ran away about 14 years ago staying in various places around Europe, finishing up in Amsterdam. I often regret coming back.
Think about it sometimes as an option, and ctb before the cash runs out

Reactions: Pen>Sword, Sasha, Red star and 1 other person
hikikomori

hikikomori

Attention whore and regular whore
Oct 23, 2018
there is no undo on dying. if you have the capacity too, than try to make your life better if running away helps then be free. you'll still be aliveif it dosent work out nd if u want u can run again or ctb. suicide should be the reasonibly last option

Reactions: Red star, Zaynaldeen and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I'd like to hop on the back of a train and run off into the sunset before I ctb, but like someone else said...it could interfere with your ability to ctb… Hop a train...and then what? Nothing but my guitar and a small backpack full of clothes. No money. No idea where I'm going...and what do I do when I get there? No point... If I had a car and was financially able, then sure. I'd take my SN with me, live as cheap as possible and travel all over the place until I ran out of time. Then I'd ctb in a cheap motel.

Reactions: Sasha, Schopenhauer and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

samsays89

Student
Oct 4, 2018
Running away sounds very unsafe. Whatever reason you have for running away you may encounter worse on the streets.

And you won't have food, shelter, and there's lots of dangerous people. Depending on where you are people will try to steal from you or get you hooked on drugs.

It may be better to plan things out and run to something. Maybe to a family member's home or some type of safe shelter.

Reactions: AlePizarnik, Schopenhauer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
TheLastTrip

TheLastTrip

Experienced
Nov 2, 2018

I've currently done just that, although since finding this forum I am now no longer going to South America (if A delivers), but that was the plan. If you or anyone else has any questions about how it is done feel free to ask.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
I might do this someday. Going to the woods alone, death by dehydration and starvation. Too weak to be mobile and to ask for help. No one can find me since I will leave my phone at my room. Away from people's judgment, sympathy, love and contact.

My desired location will be in the woods, surrounded by nature, away from highways and civilization. Thank God that Canada is mostly nature.

While it might sound like a fantasy, this is hell. This forum does not support it because it's a painful way to go.

I want to do this because I don't want to leave a scar, permanent brain damage or being caught by my loving family. No one can stop me once I'm lost and in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited: