Loulou

Loulou

Aug 15, 2023
Does anyone wanna run away to London with me? I barely have any money, no real job and bad anxiety but I need to get out of here. I need to get away from my family or I know I won't be able to be happy.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: VampQueen, Josh007, ChronicPainExistent and 5 others
lost_ange1

lost_ange1

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
I can understand the thought of it but running away from problems in general most of the time doesn't turn out to be efficient.
Running away from people might be another thing but can't you just cut ties with them? And like move away in a planned and structured way?

Anyways I hope you find what your looking for and good luck with it.

Reactions: ChronicPainExistent and Loulou
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
sadly, running away to a big expensive city is not a great place to try to start over unless you have a job lined up to flee to and some security :/ wish it were easier đź–¤ good luck on gwtting away from toxic family members

Reactions: ChronicPainExistent and Loulou
Ember

Ember

Mar 5, 2024
While I generally wouldn't recommend running away to another city. If you have to, I'd choose a second tier city in your country, they're generally cheaper and wouldn't be too much of a bureaucratic hassle (remaining in the same country avoids having to deal with extra stuff beyond changing your residence and perhaps applying for local welfare). Still, finding your place in a fully new environment is difficult and I would advise being very informed before hand. There should be many resources to help you though.

Beyond that, I'm sure you've heard countless other advice on anxiety and employment. And tbh, I don't really have much experience with both, especially the latter ^^' Really I'm kinda just existing so much like how you wouldn't want advice from a tree, I'd take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Being a tree wouldn't be so bad though.

Reactions: ChronicPainExistent
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
Does anyone wanna run away to London with me? I barely have any money, no real job and bad anxiety but I need to get out of here. I need to get away from my family or I know I won't be able to be happy.
London sucks, is dangerous, too busy and expensive. The mayor is an asshole too. Lots of people run away to there and it's usually a bad decision. Just think about the crazy cost of accommodation!

By all means run away, but research a better destination.

Reactions: ChronicPainExistent
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
I would not recommend this, as much as there are a lot of good people on SS you're most likely going to receive messages from people who might want to take advantage of you. please be careful.

Reactions: MyTimeIsUp, ChronicPainExistent and Al Gul
Al Gul

Al Gul

Just one more drink...
Feb 21, 2023
I would focus on getting work/studies far away from your family. Getting a proper reason as well as a foundation to live off of is the best way to leave your family behind. I took off to the other side of the country many years ago, getting student accomodations and courses letting me stay in that for about 3 years. Well, if things had worked out with the studying.

It is definitely incredibly risky trying to run away with/to a stranger, especially if it ends up being with a stranger where the power dynamic is in their favour. Such as them being the financially stable one, or just older, or knowing the town better. Even if it starts out being very positive and caring, there's no guarantee that it stays that way for however long you would need to find your footing. From personal experience, "living off of" someone is a huge strain on even well established relationships, let alone strangers.

• Love
Reactions: lacrimosa, ChronicPainExistent and bed
I

Ihoujin

Jul 4, 2024
I did that several times but alone. It won't solve your problems and may create even more problems but can give you insights, depending on what you're looking for. I don't regret those experiences.

Last edited:
V

VampQueen

Student
Feb 6, 2024
running away is hard and takes a lot of money if you don't want to end up homeless. If you don't have any services i would highly suggest calling your insurance and telling them you mental health services ASAP. If you reject that idea i totally understand. Look up r/vagabond on reddit, it could be what you're looking for.

L

lacrimosa

Experienced
Jul 1, 2024
I would focus on getting work/studies far away from your family. Getting a proper reason as well as a foundation to live off of is the best way to leave your family behind. I took off to the other side of the country many years ago, getting student accomodations and courses letting me stay in that for about 3 years. Well, if things had worked out with the studying.

It is definitely incredibly risky trying to run away with/to a stranger, especially if it ends up being with a stranger where the power dynamic is in their favour. Such as them being the financially stable one, or just older, or knowing the town better. Even if it starts out being very positive and caring, there's no guarantee that it stays that way for however long you would need to find your footing. From personal experience, "living off of" someone is a huge strain on even well established relationships, let alone strangers.

Had this situation with my ex. She was older than me and in no uncertain terms, one day told me she's leaving the country. My options - either join her or stay behind, she didn't care. Being younger and naive, I ended up going with her and because she made more money, it ended up with her calling all the shots and we ended up squandering her money on wasteful things instead of savings, etcetera. I was miserable the whole time as she was a cold-hearted bitch. Running away with someone - 0/10 - would not recommend...

• Hugs
Reactions: Al Gul
C

Changedmymind

May 21, 2024
Where ever you go, there you are. I've thought about skipping town because of bad memories, but I know I'd only be making them somewhere else.

Al Gul

Al Gul

Just one more drink...
Feb 21, 2023
Had this situation with my ex. She was older than me and in no uncertain terms, one day told me she's leaving the country. My options - either join her or stay behind, she didn't care. Being younger and naive, I ended up going with her and because she made more money, it ended up with her calling all the shots and we ended up squandering her money on wasteful things instead of savings, etcetera. I was miserable the whole time as she was a cold-hearted bitch. Running away with someone - 0/10 - would not recommend...
I left the country once too, years ago. Couldn't establish myself in the new country and it just got completely toxic, not just from my partner but frankly from me as well. The frustration, isolation and utter self hatred warped my thinking even. Sorry you went through that, and I agree.

kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
London is very expensive to live in, there's a housing shortage and jobs are difficult to obtain. If you really wanna run away somewhere, I'd suggest either go to a cheaper city (e.g Birmingham) or go to a town in one of the home counties so that you'll still be close to London but it'll be a lot more affordable and easier to find housing