T

TheSkyIsBlue

Student
May 16, 2020
I envy people who are able to sleep well. I have been having sleep problems for years. I don't even know if I should call it a "schedule." My mental problems cause me not to sleep and the lack of sleep causes me mental problems. It's a never ending cycle. I hate the coffee I drink every morning. I hate waking up. I hate being here, right now, instead of sleeping. Tomorrow I have to do some physical work. I don't know where should I get energy for it. I hate this lifestyle.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bct, Sabriel, Deleted member 1465 and 4 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Sleep problems are the worst. You said that you have difficulty getting rest because of mental health issues. Does the lack of sleep you mentioned eventually make you tired and sleepy, but at the wrong time? So like you might fall asleep midday. If this is the case then you might want to try this...

When you start to feel really tired from the lack of sleep have a power nap - set an alarm for about 50 minutes or less. The nap won't totally energise you and that's what you want, because otherwise you will be too energetic to take your real big sleep later on. It will give you just enough energy to do whatever tasks you need to do. When you start to feel drained again take another power nap. Keep doing this throughout the day. Eventually you'll reach the evening. You should now feel tired enough to take a proper rest.

This might be hard for you to do depending on things like your job, free time, etc so this advice might not be useful, but I hope it helps anyway.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Have you tried sleeping tablets or going to the doctors?

I am also an insomniac but recently found that deep breathing and muscle relaxation vids help me get a few more hours sleep but I still wake up early in the morning.:I

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I envy people who are able to sleep well. I have been having sleep problems for years. I don't even know if I should call it a "schedule." My mental problems cause me not to sleep and the lack of sleep causes me mental problems. It's a never ending cycle. I hate the coffee I drink every morning. I hate waking up. I hate being here, right now, instead of sleeping. Tomorrow I have to do some physical work. I don't know where should I get energy for it. I hate this lifestyle.
I've been where you are now. Almost total insomnia. I have a condition called Chronic sleep onset insomnia! It is pure torture. I've had it for22 years. So I sympathise with you.
PM me if you need some support.
A big hug to you :hug: :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Bzrluvtriangle
T

TheSkyIsBlue

Student
May 16, 2020
Sleep problems are the worst. You said that you have difficulty getting rest because of mental health issues. Does the lack of sleep you mentioned eventually make you tired and sleepy, but at the wrong time? So like you might fall asleep midday. If this is the case then you might want to try this...

When you start to feel really tired from the lack of sleep have a power nap - set an alarm for about 50 minutes or less. The nap won't totally energise you and that's what you want, because otherwise you will be too energetic to take your real big sleep later on. It will give you just enough energy to do whatever tasks you need to do. When you start to feel drained again take another power nap. Keep doing this throughout the day. Eventually you'll reach the evening. You should now feel tired enough to take a proper rest.

This might be hard for you to do depending on things like your job, free time, etc so this advice might not be useful, but I hope it helps anyway.
I'm tired, but I don't fall asleep anyway. And I can't sleep during the day for some reason, I know many people are able to, but whenever I tried it, even when I was fatigued as hell, I didn't fall asleep.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bzrluvtriangle and BlackPoppet
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I'm tired, but I don't fall asleep anyway. And I can't sleep during the day for some reason, I know many people are able to, but whenever I tried it, even when I was fatigued as hell, I didn't fall asleep.
I'm the same. It's literal hell. It makes no sense how a natural function like sleep can be so elusive. I'm always here if you wanna chat. Hugs. :hug:

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
You don't miss it till it's gone. Sleep deprivation is torture, literally. It makes everything worse, physical and mental health and then it all feeds back...
I went for a week with no sleep when my illness started four years ago. I spent the next three years with around four or five hours a night and six months with one to two hours a night. Recently I've improved and been getting a good night, but I'm starting to have issues again.
I did try zopicone and mirtazapine but that's like being bludgeoned into unconsciousness and comes at a cost.
Recently I've been taking CBD oil which seems to calm things without being sedating. I don't know if it actually works or is a placebo, but it might be worth a shot?

• Hugs
niloc

niloc

Relax — This won't hurt
May 6, 2020
Since about November, I've been waking up and not being able to go back to sleep roughly 5 hours each morning before I leave for work. This is a huge problem as most of the time is me laying and thinking. It tends to go dark very quickly and that's when the suicidal thoughts are the strongest. The last hour or so before I get out of bed is filled with anger and anxiety.

I know none of this is helpful to myself, but it's something that I can't stop. I'm getting maybe 2 hours of sleep a night and it's not going to get better.

• Hugs
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Since about November, I've been waking up and not being able to go back to sleep roughly 5 hours each morning before I leave for work. This is a huge problem as most of the time is me laying and thinking. It tends to go dark very quickly and that's when the suicidal thoughts are the strongest. The last hour or so before I get out of bed is filled with anger and anxiety.

I know none of this is helpful to myself, but it's something that I can't stop. I'm getting maybe 2 hours of sleep a night and it's not going to get better.
Please go and talk this through with your Doctor. I've been where you are . I've had Chronic sleep onset insomnia for 20 years and it almost destroyed my life. My heart goes out to you. It's vital you talk to someone about this, as it could have a detrimental effect on your physical and mental health. If you want to hear my struggle with insomnia, you can always PM me. A big hug to you, from me. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: niloc
niloc

niloc

Relax — This won't hurt
May 6, 2020
Please go and talk this through with your Doctor. I've been where you are . I've had Chronic sleep onset insomnia for 20 years and it almost destroyed my life. My heart goes out to you. It's vital you talk to someone about this, as it could have a detrimental effect on your physical and mental health. If you want to hear my struggle with insomnia, you can always PM me. A big hug to you, from me. :hug:

Well, so far it has had that detrimental effect on my mental health. I'm usually so drained by mid day that I just float through the rest of the day. I'm really about this close to losing my job - which at this point I'm fine with as I'm burnt out with it.

Just yesterday I took the big step of reaching out to my primary care doctor and talked. After about 15 years I'm finding myself starting to look at going back on medication. I was prescribed Bupropion (generic wellbutrin) 150mg daily to see how things take to that. Many many years ago I was on Effexor and it was such a beast I was scared of all medication. We'll see how this medication works.. today is day 1 of a month trial. If I'm not sleeping in a week to 10 days, she knows that I'll likely be need to be put on something for the sleeping issues.

It's really just too much going on for me at the moment. Extreme stress/issues at work, this sleeping mess.. the constant suicidal thoughts.. this fucking virus.. no wonder I've almost CTB'd several times. I'm scared to go back on medication again after all these years, but I really just need to do something. It's this or one of these days I won't be so scared to pull the trigger.

Thanks for the chance to talk. You may find me taking you up on that chat.

• Hugs
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Well, so far it has had that detrimental effect on my mental health. I'm usually so drained by mid day that I just float through the rest of the day. I'm really about this close to losing my job - which at this point I'm fine with as I'm burnt out with it.

Just yesterday I took the big step of reaching out to my primary care doctor and talked. After about 15 years I'm finding myself starting to look at going back on medication. I was prescribed Bupropion (generic wellbutrin) 150mg daily to see how things take to that. Many many years ago I was on Effexor and it was such a beast I was scared of all medication. We'll see how this medication works.. today is day 1 of a month trial. If I'm not sleeping in a week to 10 days, she knows that I'll likely be need to be put on something for the sleeping issues.

It's really just too much going on for me at the moment. Extreme stress/issues at work, this sleeping mess.. the constant suicidal thoughts.. this fucking virus.. no wonder I've almost CTB'd several times. I'm scared to go back on medication again after all these years, but I really just need to do something. It's this or one of these days I won't be so scared to pull the trigger.

Thanks for the chance to talk. You may find me taking you up on that chat.
I know exactly where you are coming from. This is my story too. It's awful to feel so exhausted every day. Also having to work. This virus thing isn't helping either. I feel you there. It all mounts up. Yes definitely PM me if you need a caring shoulder to lean on.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Mirtazepine is pretty good for sleep. I took it for years, now I take Seroquel.

Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Me too. I've been having difficulty on sleeping for a long time yet wakes up easily, and with depression kicks in sometimes I can only sleep after the morning comes. It's really awful, so I'm sorry about what you've been going through.