T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Its /r/wsb's fault, frankly, for stirring this shit up in the first place. Its just bunch of financially illiterate chuds who thought they could run a Bitcoin-style pump-and-dump scheme with real money. They whipped people up into a frenzy of FOMO and get-rich-quick hysteria. They convinced each other to pour money they didn't have down the drain so that a handful of them could get rich. Then when everything comes tumbling down its suddenly everyone else's fault. The hypocrisy of it is staggering.

This guy's suicide is clear proof of how real harm is done to vulnerable people by scams like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: NodusTollens and Gonjoolie
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
Well, fuck Robinhood, first of all. Second of all...he was definitely way too impulsive, but at 20 the frontal lobes are not yet fully developed, so impulse control isn't going to be very good. But by all means, they should sue Robinhood.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
But by all means, they should sue Robinhood.
Why? They did email back. And they did change the way things are done. What more can they do at this point. Also I just read another article.
"Although Brewster initially believed Robinhood had improperly granted Kearns vast amounts of leverage to trade with, he no longer believes that was the problem. Twitter users who saw Brewster's stream of tweets alerted him that options traders on Robinhood sometimes see a negative cash balance until the other half of their trades are executed."

Last edited:
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
I would kill myself instatly for way less

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens