dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
Watching the sun set on the beach last night was definitely the best part of the trip so far. What a way to end the day ❤️
Wow that's truly beautiful, I see why it'd be the best part of your trip yet.

• Love
Reactions: Kit1 and Leavesfromthevine
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Nature to start the day

Considering going back east since it's too cold for up North but not sure yet, any recommendations? Trying to stay warm since car camping so nothing too far north.

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpeg
    IMG_3785.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3786.jpeg
    IMG_3786.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3787.jpeg
    IMG_3787.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3788.jpeg
    IMG_3788.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3790.jpeg
    IMG_3790.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: restless.dreams, 4am, Redacted24 and 8 others
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Nature to start the day

Considering going back east since it's too cold for up North but not sure yet, any recommendations? Trying to stay warm since car camping so nothing too far north.
i like the last two ones, where the water slowly trickles through. Do you think the water level goes up at certain seasons and that becomes a stronger flow?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, Praestat_Mori and Leavesfromthevine
silent.desperation

silent.desperation

Jan 9, 2024
Lovely pictures, enjoy your trip

• Love
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
i like the last two ones, where the water slowly trickles through. Do you think the water level goes up at certain seasons and that becomes a stronger flow?
Definitely, I don't know what season it's in now but the desert usually only has a dry and wet season. It's probably so much stronger during the wet season.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Nature to start the day

I love it that you're sharing your adventure here! Honestly- I have no idea where you are. Did you mention California? I watch a YouTube channel on this cool guy who bought an abandoned mining village called Cerro Gordo. I don't think you can just turn up there but- it might be worth checking out his videos. He goes to lots of interesting places... The channel is called: 'Ghost Town Living.' It may be nowhere near where you are of course! My geography is terrible!

• Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Just came across your thread, you're getting to see some great views!

How long are you staying on the road for?
Are you planning to do a "Thelma & Louise ending" in your red truck?😆

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Slow_Farewell
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I love it that you're sharing your adventure here! Honestly- I have no idea where you are. Did you mention California? I watch a YouTube channel on this cool guy who bought an abandoned mining village called Cerro Gordo. I don't think you can just turn up there but- it might be worth checking out his videos. He goes to lots of interesting places... The channel is called: 'Ghost Town Living.' It may be nowhere near where you are of course! My geography is terrible!
My biggest issue is being in a slammed truck, I can't really access a lot of places in town and abandon spots usually have terrible roads to access them. I'd love to visit abandon places though!
Just came across your thread, you're getting to see some great views!

How long are you staying on the road for?
Are you planning to do a "Thelma & Louise ending" in your red truck?😆

The urge is always there 🤔 maybe in another life I can end it with someone and have the proper movie scene

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Redacted24, Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep and 2 others
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
My biggest issue is being in a slammed truck, I can't really access a lot of places in town and abandon spots usually have terrible roads to access them. I'd love to visit abandon places though!

The urge is always there 🤔 maybe in another life I can end it with someone and have the proper movie scene
What about your teddy bear, hand in hand!😆

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
What about your teddy bear, hand in hand!😆
You make a valid point. It's the only way I see

Also to answer your earlier question since I skipped it on accident I'm gonna keep going until I run out of money or motivation whichever comes first.

• Love
Reactions: restless.dreams and Tears in Rain
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Another day, another set of pictures

Attachments

• IMG_3799.jpeg
    IMG_3799.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3798.jpeg
    IMG_3798.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3797.jpeg
    IMG_3797.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3796.jpeg
    IMG_3796.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: restless.dreams, 4am, LifeCouldBeADream and 8 others
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Another day, another set of pictures
DUDDDDDDDDEEEEE!!!!!! i almost missed the sailboat in the background (the one with the sandcastle) I had to zoom in the picture. Cool easter egg!

Wow, your beaches are sooo wide...like, i've never seen a beachhead that wide before. In my country it's not that wide. Long, maybe, but not that wide.

• Hugs
  • Love
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
No pics today, left Cali finally and that was it. San Diego is not the place for car camping unless you're okay with being an hour out of the city.

Don't know how much longer the trip will be. Stuck between selling my car and truck and buying a van for a longer term trip since it's enjoyable or just ending it early and deciding to ctb.
Truck needs some extensive repairs which is risky driving long distances. I went through at least one tire due to bad suspension and engine is getting water into it from somewhere.

Also had to quit my job today since they had a hidden rule apparently that you can only use 3 days of time off but eh I don't care it's worth quitting even if I fail ctb.

Going to look at vans tomorrow or other vehicles that'll make better car camping vehicles. I'll update the thread with the final decision ❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 4am, absolutelyyou, FundamentalAspect and 7 others
dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
No pics today, left Cali finally and that was it. San Diego is not the place for car camping unless you're okay with being an hour out of the city.

Don't know how much longer the trip will be. Stuck between selling my car and truck and buying a van for a longer term trip since it's enjoyable or just ending it early and deciding to ctb.
Truck needs some extensive repairs which is risky driving long distances. I went through at least one tire due to bad suspension and engine is getting water into it from somewhere.

Also had to quit my job today since they had a hidden rule apparently that you can only use 3 days of time off but eh I don't care it's worth quitting even if I fail ctb.

Going to look at vans tomorrow or other vehicles that'll make better car camping vehicles. I'll update the thread with the final decision ❤️
Whatever decision you make, I'm glad you've done this for yourself and gotten to see so many beautiful places <3

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and Tears in Rain
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023

If you're enjoying it, you might as well stay on the road!
If it's not too personal a question to ask, do you plan to ctb while on the road, or was the plan alway to do the roadtrip and then return home to ctb eventually?

• Hugs
  • Love
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023

Van Life! sounds great, wish you the best of luck!

• Love
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
If you're enjoying it, you might as well stay on the road!
If it's not too personal a question to ask, do you plan to ctb while on the road, or was the plan alway to do the roadtrip and then return home to ctb eventually?
Definitely doing it on the road, the trip has been just to help me find a good spot to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Tears in Rain
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
I'm curious if you've been eating at any "famous" food spots along the way? I feel like I'd be snacking a lot and making pit stops at dispensaries lol.
Thanks for keeping us updated and best of luck with your trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I'm curious if you've been eating at any "famous" food spots along the way? I feel like I'd be snacking a lot and making pit stops at dispensaries lol.
Thanks for keeping us updated and best of luck with your trip.
Thank you! So far no famous food spots unless you count the blue McDonald's in Sedona. Food is probably one of the biggest expenses aside from fuel so we've been trying to cheap out on that to make the trip last longer. If I can't find a good deal on a van I'll go crazy with food.

Also just not big on food personally.

Reactions: Kit1, breezeboy and Nortu
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I love that you have an Appa hanging from the mirror, and that your name is an Avatar reference. I only watched the show maybe 2-3 years ago? I watched a few episodes as a kid but didn't remember anything from when I was a kid besides the Sokka cactus scene.

• Love
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Thank you! So far no famous food spots unless you count the blue McDonald's in Sedona. Food is probably one of the biggest expenses aside from fuel so we've been trying to cheap out on that to make the trip last longer. If I can't find a good deal on a van I'll go crazy with food.

Also just not big on food personally.
Yeah that's a good point. Prices are already ridiculously inflated for everything too.

Hopefully it works out for you to get that van. Pretty sweet way to spend your last months!

• Love
  • Hugs
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Just a sunset today. Will try to trade the car soon but with below freezing temps until Wednesday I'm not sure how soon it'll get done.

I'll probably decide to do it soon or just ctb since just being back home makes me feel awful.

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep and 7 others
N

Novacaine

Oct 30, 2023
Beautiful pictures. Nature is awesome

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Leavesfromthevine and Kit1
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Uncertain update.
First of all it feels like it's been forever.
So the trip might be pretty much over. I was cleaning my car earlier and changing the exhaust, during that a dog which was muddy ran into my car and pretty much ruined the seats as far as I'm aware.
The car was meant to be a trade for a different vehicle so I could be more comfortable during the trip so if the seats are destroyed it'll have ruined the value significantly and will justify not trading.
I'll keep doing research to try and fix the seats but if it's actually ruined I'll be ctb soon.

The frustration and sadness is intense since I was looking forward to continuing the trip after being stuck for about a week or more.

I'll update once a final answer is available. Talk soon and much love everyone ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, Nortu, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Uncertain update.
First of all it feels like it's been forever.
So the trip might be pretty much over. I was cleaning my car earlier and changing the exhaust, during that a dog which was muddy ran into my car and pretty much ruined the seats as far as I'm aware.
The car was meant to be a trade for a different vehicle so I could be more comfortable during the trip so if the seats are destroyed it'll have ruined the value significantly and will justify not trading.
I'll keep doing research to try and fix the seats but if it's actually ruined I'll be ctb soon.

The frustration and sadness is intense since I was looking forward to continuing the trip after being stuck for about a week or more.

I'll update once a final answer is available. Talk soon and much love everyone ❤️
Damn bro. Have you considered a professional auto detailer or are the seats torn too?

Thanks for the update I was wondering how you were doing. It's really unfortunate if you aren't able to continue the trip for longer. I'm hoping the best for you.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Damn bro. Have you considered a professional auto detailer or are the seats torn too?

Thanks for the update I was wondering how you were doing. It's really unfortunate if you aren't able to continue the trip for longer. I'm hoping the best for you.
I have most of the detailing stuff already as I used to do it for money on the side but Alcantara is a pain. It's so hard to bring back once it hits a certain point of staining. I'll hit it with a steamer and a few other chemicals/tools but if that doesn't work it's pretty much a lost cause for my temporary needs.

Seats aren't torn as far as I seen though so there's some hope there.

Thanks ❤️ I hope I can continue because the desire is strong. I'll keep trying with the seats and also post the car on marketplace for maybe a quick sale.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and breezeboy
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
I have most of the detailing stuff already as I used to do it for money on the side but Alcantara is a pain. It's so hard to bring back once it hits a certain point of staining. I'll hit it with a steamer and a few other chemicals/tools but if that doesn't work it's pretty much a lost cause for my temporary needs.

Seats aren't torn as far as I seen though so there's some hope there.

Thanks ❤️ I hope I can continue because the desire is strong. I'll keep trying with the seats and also post the car on marketplace for maybe a quick sale.
Ahhh yeah you know what you're doing.
Maybe some nice seat covers as a last resort. One persons dealbreaker might not be a huge deal to the next person.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Another update. Got new tires for the truck and a low profile crossmember to help me with ground clearance. I'll try to install everything along with a new alignment on Monday if possible.

Haven't got my car sold probably because I'm having to sell it in a rural area that's very poverty stricken. Decided I'll just sell it outright instead of trading for another vehicle so I'll have less monthly expenses and no debt.

I hope to be back on the road by the end of the week if everything goes well.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Slow_Farewell, FundamentalAspect, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Thanks for the update bro! Hope it works out and you get back on the road

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Leavesfromthevine and Kit1
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Having to say goodbye to all these guys 😔 gonna miss them. Final part starting today. Put off this final two day drive forever and I'm still not fully ready but I have to commit.

Attachments

• IMG_3876.jpeg
    IMG_3876.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: restless.dreams, absolutelyyou, FundamentalAspect and 2 others