Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Brilliant footballer and as entertaining off the field as he was on the field, I forgive you for the Hand of God, lol
Questions on a postcard, bag of Coke or Flour, :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:

RIP

Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, Fragile, DivineMedicus and 4 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I don't really care but I already know everyone here will be mourning for months

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I love a good rags to riches story born on the wrong side of the tracks, parents were Italian migrants and only 5ft 5 inspires people anything is possible. Wow just heard on the news the Argentinian President has announced, 3 days of mourning.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: death137 and All washed up
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was about to make a thread talking about Diego's death too.
I mean, he was an alcoholic and drug addict but he was just 60! (that's a young age for a non-suicidal guy)
Still, it seems the more money and fame you have, the more bound you're to die at a not-old-at-all age. (I know, in comparison to some singers who died at 27, Maradona is old)

All in all, he was the best soccer player I ever saw (many will agree with me, many won't) and I will always admire and miss him as a professional player.

• Love
Reactions: death137, voyager, All washed up and 1 other person
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Got to see Diego play in 1997 in Buenos Aires fantastic entertainer.
Died on the same date as George Best who was also 60 and as entertaining on and off the pitch as Diego

• Love
Reactions: death137 and Jumper Geo
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I admired his skills. You had to .He was that good.
But I can never ever forgive him for that handball against us back in Mexico '86....

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, Jumper Geo and All washed up
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I admired his skills. You had to .He was that good.
But I can never forgive him for that handball against us back in Mexico '86....!
He's got legendary status for that in the non English parts of the UK, lol

Reactions: death137, Jumper Geo and voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
That's sad. Didn't see it coming despite knowing his drug record ofc. Don't watch football anymore but used to a lot (ironically ever since WC'86) and to me he'll always be the greatest. I know statistically Messi is a million times better but always thought Maradona was more genuine. He simply wasn't groomed like Messi was. Also feel he had more character than Messi leading Argentina to the World Cup by his presence, something Messi never managed despite the ability to.

Not just in the UK. :hihi:

Reactions: death137, Soul, Jumper Geo and 1 other person
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
I think what he did in Italy with Napoli summed up everything about sheer brilliance mixed with chaos

Reactions: death137, Jumper Geo and voyager
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
They worship him because of THAT so called goal.
I can forget but I can't forgive.....

Last edited:
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
They worship him because of THAT so called goal.
I can forget but I can't forgive.....
I've never forgiven or forgotten the Joe Jordan handball cheat that lead to Scotland qualifying for 1978 World Cup at Wales expense, football fans have long memories, lol

Reactions: Jumper Geo
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I've never forgiven or forgotten the Joe Jordan handball cheat that lead to Scotland qualifying for 1978 World Cup at Wales expense, football fans have long memories, lol
They do ! lol
I was just a kid watching that England-Argentina game back in '86 . I still remember it though. He broke my heart that day with his cheating...

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and Jumper Geo
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Is it really that easy to make tortillas that you can do it on a plane??
how?

• Love
Reactions: W’ren and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Is it really that easy to make tortillas that you can do it on a plane??
how?

The trouble is if you have one of his tortillas you wouldn't come down for a week, :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: death137 and greebo6
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
He's still loved because brits love cheats who get away with it.
They don't admire his skills in other ways, they just aspire to one day be able to cheat like him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jumper Geo
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
As a 'Brit' but not English many don't understand the difference, I can assure you my admiration for El Diego runs far deeper than my apparently wanting to aspire to cheat like him.

Reactions: greebo6, Jumper Geo and W’ren
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
He's still loved because brits love cheats who get away with it.
They don't admire his skills in other ways, they just aspire to one day be able to cheat like him.

In what way would Brits be impressed by being cheated especially in a World cup sorry doesn't make sense I don't like cheats especially when they fall to the ground and are rolling around like they got hit by a bus, or keep fouling talented players that's not the English style but do recognise a natural given talent which Diego Maradona had please explain or give me some examples, your in the UK aren't you.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: death137, greebo6 and All washed up
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
In what way would Brits be impressed by being cheated especially in a World cup sorry doesn't make sense I don't like cheats especially when they fall to the ground and are rolling around like they got hit by a bus, or keep fouling talented players that's not the English style but do recognise a natural given talent which Diego Maradona had please explain or give me some examples, your in the UK aren't you.

Cheers

Geo
I was wondering about that too...
As a 'Brit' but not English many don't understand the difference, I can assure you my admiration for El Diego runs far deeper than my apparently wanting to aspire to cheat like him.
I think maybe you have to be from U.K to really understand the dual nationality thing we have .I'm both a proud Brit and a proud Englishman. Its the same for those from the other parts of U.K .
Anyway....Its like you say , you had to admire his amazing skills. But none of us Brits want to aspire to cheat like he did.

Last edited:
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Well that's a turn up for the books the body has been exhumed to carry out tests to see if he was murdered.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: death137 and All washed up
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
And the vultures are gathering big style to claim on his estate, no surprise there

• Love
Reactions: voyager, death137 and Jumper Geo
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
That's sad. Didn't see it coming despite knowing his drug record ofc. Don't watch football anymore but used to a lot (ironically ever since WC'86) and to me he'll always be the greatest. I know statistically Messi is a million times better but always thought Maradona was more genuine. He simply wasn't groomed like Messi was. Also feel he had more character than Messi leading Argentina to the World Cup by his presence, something Messi never managed despite the ability to.
For me not only in statistics but even in talent I think Messi is better than Maradona. I also think Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Maradona.

This kind of opinion is subject and although my opinion is different than yours I respect your view.

Reactions: Jumper Geo, voyager and All washed up
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I know many here will disagree and it might also be sad for some but I can't seem to feel anything whenever a so-called celebrity dies.
I like to read about them whenever I'm bored or watch a short segment about their current life to entertain myself (just like most others) but in the end I never really knew those people...so-called stars.
They've been rich and out of touch most of their adultlife and had a considerably better existence than I'll ever have.
Why should I feel something when someone like that dies ??
I know some of them are talented or give to charity or whatever but I just can't relate enough.
Sorry for my short rant.
Everyone have a nice evening. :D

Reactions: Jumper Geo, voyager and All washed up
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
For me not only in statistics but even in talent I think Messi is better than Maradona. I also think Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Maradona.

This kind of opinion is subject and although my opinion is different than yours I respect your view.
Not sure how this ended up turning into a Maradona v anyone else debate.
However, for pure skill Maradona and Messi are miles ahead of CR7.
CR7 is the perfect football machine who has worked incredibly hard to get where he is and do what he has done.
I'd go for Maradona over Messi but that maybe a generational thing.
All about opinions:)
I know many here will disagree and it might also be sad for some but I can't seem to feel anything whenever a so-called celebrity dies.
I like to read about them whenever I'm bored or watch a short segment about their current life to entertain myself (just like most others) but in the end I never really knew those people...so-called stars.
They've been rich and out of touch most of their adultlife and had a considerably better existence than I'll ever have.
Why should I feel something when someone like that dies ??
I know some of them are talented or give to charity or whatever but I just can't relate enough.
Sorry for my short rant.
Everyone have a nice evening. :D
Ah but you don't understand following sports teams so you wouldn't get this either.
Diego Maradona wasn't a 'so called celebrity' he was arguably the greatest player of all time in the worlds most popular sport.
I think you should actually sit down and read a book or watch a documentary about his life.
Briefly brought up in dire poverty in a Buenos Aires slum, then from the age of about 13/14 lived his life in the pressure cooker atmosphere of football in Argentina Spain and Italy.
Yes the pay is good but especially when he played in Napoli you can't imagine the pressure he was under as a guy in his 20s.
He had loads of addiction problems particularly with cocaine and one of the reasons he was so popular was because he was in touch with the people.
And on a personal level as he was only 5 years older than me and I sort of grew up with him and it was a long held ambition of mine achieved achieved when I saw him play live in Argentina, so it means a lot to me.
Sorry for my rant.
Have a nice evening :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumper Geo and death137