• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know some people tell me I like your threads but I have diametrical politicial views. Maybe I will ruin that with this thread. But I am curious how they react to these reports.

Here some quotes.

"We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can't wait," Carlson, Fox News's biggest mouth, said, adding, "I hate him passionately." Then, musing on Trump's catastrophic presidency, he said, "We're all pretending we've got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it's been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn't an upside to Trump."

At least that's what Carlson said privately to colleagues in text messages. Publicly, Carlson continued to do what he had done for years — promote Trump's lies, ardently defend the man he deeply despised, and keep Fox's hypocrisy mill churning with American democracy as grist.

Okay I think I can anticipate the reaction. It is all fake news. Though here is the report of the NYT.

The source for the information are the court documents of the defamation lawsuit of Dominion against Fox News.

Rupert Murdoch himself even admitted (under oath) the Fox News spread lies in order to defend himself.

Speaking under oath, Murdoch confirmed the suggestion by a Dominion lawyer that Fox was "trying to straddle the line between spewing conspiracy theories on one hand, yet calling out the fact that they are actually false on the other."

Asked by a Dominion attorney whether "Fox endorsed at times this false notion of a stolen election," Murdoch demurred, saying, "Not Fox, no. Not Fox. But maybe Lou Dobbs, maybe Maria [Bartiromo] as commentators."

The lawyer pressed on. Did Fox's Bartiromo endorse it?

Murdoch's reply: "Yes. C'mon."

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro? "I think so."

Then-Fox Business Network host Dobbs? "Oh, a lot."

Fox News prime-time star Sean Hannity? "A bit."

Pressed whether they endorsed the narrative of a stolen election, Murdoch finally gave in: "Yes. They endorsed."

The vast majority of people who watch Fox and appreciate the hosts will still support them. But I ask myself how they can defend them even though the evidence is crystal clear. One argument will probably will be: Well CNN and MSNBC also lie all the time.

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
It's all about division. These right wing pundits need to keep the lower classes fighting and divided or they'll work together and god forbid...

Reactions: Jonbonesjones