Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020

I know this is probably old news and it was possibly posted here but I've recently found this out weeks ago. It's good to know that Germany is allowing people to have the right-to-die despite being used to only allowing the terminally ill. That means you can now CTB for any reason and you don't even have to be depressed, you can just be tired of life in general and don't want to grow old. It's good to know that some people can control their own fate.

It'll most likely take many years for this to take place in other countries like America and other places in the world.

Suicide booths from Futurama anyone?

Reactions: NatureHermit921, alizee, profoundexperience and 4 others
NotMemorableEnough

NotMemorableEnough

Feb 25, 2019
i didn't know that either I feel actually relieved right now I mean they still hinder you but this makes it much easier getting everything I need without risking my benefactors safety.

Reactions: Joey
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
First time finding out about Germany going forward with allowing anyone to die. I can only imagine what it would be like if that was an option. I assume it would've made childhood to adulthood less stressful by always knowing if I want out I can get assistance.

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I don't think anything similar to this will pass in any other country anytime soon. Things like religion and ignorant pro-life propaganda that suicide is a product of "mental illness" is still a huge barrier.

Most people still operate psychologically like cavemen and won't admit to themselves that life can be so bad that someone would genuinely want to commit suicide.

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I don't think anything similar to this will pass in any other country anytime soon. Things like religion and ignorant pro-life propaganda that suicide is a product of "mental illness" is still a huge barrier.

Most people still operate psychologically like cavemen and won't admit to themselves that life can be so bad that someone would genuinely want to commit suicide.

The Netherlands has the law like Germany as well for assisted death. Germany used to be fairly religious. They still have all their old churches and I'm sort of surprised Germany is capable of being this progressive. I haven't been to Germany in forever but I'm surprised from what I remember. So I'm somewhat hopeful other places will go forward even with religion still existing. I do think America will be the last place on earth to ever do anything like this.