A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
Don't you find it ridiculous that a person can have children under any circumstances no matter how bad they are but a person can't choose to end its life on its own terms?

Of course, because a new human means a new worker and that means more money.

It's as if this society simply wants to squeeze you dry and then discard you like garbage. Even in your last moments on this planet, society will continue to squeeze money out of you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, TapeMachine, leeloosnow and 7 others
P

Peerless_Cucumber

The one and only king of cucumbers
Feb 22, 2023
It is truly ridiculous. Especially because a lot of people shouldn't even have children in the first place. Life is regarded as the ultimate gift and everyone who questions this believe is seen as mentally ill and / or a danger to vulnerable people. I'm so sick of not being able to speak my mind online just because I have another view than the majority. Not everyone is thinking of their life as the ultimate gift and not everyone is grateful to work a minimum wage job for the rest of their lives just to get by. Demanding that of people makes my blood boil.

• Love
Reactions: TapeMachine, Celerity, Hollowman and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Absolutely. It's a shame really that we don't need to buy a specific substance in order to reproduce. Still- can you imagine the stink that would be kicked up if they started limiting people's 'right's' to breed? I suppose we'd be heading dangerously close to eugenics.

I agree though. It is totally bizarre- birth involves bringing an entirely independant sentient being into this batshit crazy world- without it's permission. Yet- we don't get a say in when OUR OWN LIVES end. Does seem weird.

Reactions: TapeMachine, kernel_panic, Celerity and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, it certainly disgusts me how existence is seen as an obligation, existing in this hellish world with no straightforward way to peacefully exit really is a punishment. Bringing life here and trying to force them to suffer is extreme cruelty, there are no amount of words that can describe how much I despise existing here.

Reactions: 0000000000000 and Lost in a Dream
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
There have to be requirements for having children. Good genetics, good financial situation and no history of being abusive.

Reactions: kernel_panic and Lost in a Dream
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
There have to be requirements for having children. Good genetics, good financial situation and no history of being abusive.

This is eugenics. As soon as you gave the government the ability to rule who is and who is not allowed to reproduce, you pave the road for them to exclude whoever they deem not to be 'worthy'. Are you a smiling, perfect rich white family with stable jobs? Fine! But are you disabled? Are you poor? Gay? Trans? Have been made redundant recently? Have you ever used drugs? Do you have health issues? Are you unmarried? Well, then you're just not fit to be a parent.

You really think they would only use that kind of power for good?

We have no right to say who can and cannot have a child. This a pro-choice forum and I think that view should be upheld in all aspects. All people have the right to reproduce, even if may cause pain to others. All people should have the right to die, even if it may cause pain to others.

Reactions: Relic
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
This is eugenics. As soon as you gave the government the ability to rule who is and who is not allowed to reproduce, you pave the road for them to exclude whoever they deem not to be 'worthy'. Are you a smiling, perfect rich white family with stable jobs? Fine! But are you disabled? Are you poor? Gay? Trans? Have been made redundant recently? Have you ever used drugs? Do you have health issues? Are you unmarried? Well, then you're just not fit to be a parent.

You really think they would only use that kind of power for good?

We have no right to say who can and cannot have a child. This a pro-choice forum and I think that view should be upheld in all aspects. All people have the right to reproduce, even if may cause pain to others. All people should have the right to die, even if it may cause pain to others.
Would agree if assisted CTB was allowed for everyone.

Tbh eugenics wouldn't have prevented me from being born anyway as both of my parents were healthy, good looking, doing ok financially etc. at the moment they had me.

Last edited:
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
People need to pass certain criteria when adopting, it should be the same for parenting.

• Informative
Reactions: kernel_panic and leeloosnow
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
Don't you find it ridiculous that a person can have children under any circumstances no matter how bad they are but a person can't choose to end its life on its own terms?

It's as if this society simply wants to squeeze you dry and then discard you like garbage. Even in your last moments on this planet, society will continue to squeeze money out of you.
shit, the funeral industry even milks ya after ur gone, debt collectors and what not. thats y i eat from food pantries and i'm gonna be composted when i'm dead. at the very least aquamated. i think there is a human composting graveyard near me tho so def gonna put that in my 'last rites'

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

Hypocritical society where we can have kids without their consent or without asking if they want to be born, but we can't leave this world through suicide without «consent» from health professionals and law makers, instead we have to die eventually against our will from illnesses or accidents for it to be acceptable by society since suicide isn't tolerated.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000 and TapeMachine
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I don't really go for this "more money = more people, evil government" thing because I doubt anyone is really making money off our asses when we're barely squeaking by. We're now at a kind of populational tipping point, where birth rates are at an all time low - 1.6 kids per American woman. We will of course still see mass migrations from poorer countries into richer ones however, with big families still being more or less the norm in third world areas.

Basically we've created a dystopia of our own making. Life is shit, kids and surviving is too expensive in the west, and so we've sort of naturally arrived at this point without this whole "want a kid? Get a license" mentality. I'm just glad that I never had any, in hindsight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Relic