just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
Just wondering what people thought about this episode as it puts an interesting twist on suicide.

L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
It felt like a mixed bag. the episode was definitely condemning the right to die movement and making it seem as though any goverment that provides aided suicide by law is doing it from a malicious intent to profit from it. idk i like the family dynamics and the funny characters but the show doesn't always deliver the best social commentary

Reactions: just_a_guy
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I liked the episode. My feelings on the commentary in regards to suicide are mixed, but I did love the commentary on other things, such as consumerism. Over all, I thought it was a pretty solid episode.

Reactions: just_a_guy
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I was loving the episode right up until the ending when showing that one guy's life became a good enough reason to get everyone to stop wanting to eat the spaghetti.

Like maybe some people would stop but I sure wouldn't and I know many others wouldn't too. Maybe that just means me and those other people are all evil people who should be killing themselves anyway.

I bet suicide by SN would make my spaghetti taste even better. 🤔

• Yay!
Reactions: dogbreath, just_a_guy and Slow_Farewell
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
The show does have its points.
I wondered if the method would change the dish. But still pasta based.
Like if I did inert gases it would be lasagna instead of spaghetti
I like the quote about the complexity of life...
It kinda felt like it was trying to tackle question of the right to die, but in the end, it was and is really too complex to be answered.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and just_a_guy
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I was loving the episode right up until the ending when showing that one guy's life became a good enough reason to get everyone to stop wanting to eat the spaghetti.

Like maybe some people would stop but I sure wouldn't and I know many others wouldn't too. Maybe that just means me and those other people are all evil people who should be killing themselves anyway.

Suicide by eating spaghetti sounds like delicious way to die, especially if it includes lentil nut meatballs!

• Yay!
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and just_a_guy
targz

targz

Feb 22, 2023

I thought the ending was moving and cool, but I agree that I don't agree with its message (with regards to myself at least).

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Top 5. My mind was less focused on the suicide elements and more on the rest of the episode.

dogbreath

dogbreath

Youre not even in the hole, are you?
Feb 13, 2023
Love love love rick and morty but I hate that episode so much,,,Felt like suicide was added just for shock value since its a "taboo" topic.... and the flashback scene of that guy's life? Horrible....hard to feel sympathetic for that guy cause not everyone is becoming a Lego ceo or something...didnt agree with the message at all yknow...I feel like the pissmaster episode (where he committed suicide cause like...everyone hated him and where do you go from there) I feel like that episode handled suicide well.... was so disappointed in the spaghetti episode....the jokes were good though but that's it...

• Yay!
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc