Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
What do you think about getting revenge rather than CTB?

SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
i guess it depends on how... but in general?
i think putting more harm into the world is only going to cause even more for people who dont necessarily deserve it
if you can find a way to do so *without* hurting anyone else- and i mean guaranteeing you wont, not just assuming- then sure
go for it
but i think thats pretty hard to accomplish

not that i think CTB is always the answer, either
people are usually hurt as a result there, too
but if those are the only two choices... i know which one i like better
minimizing any harm done to others

Reactions: StolenLife, LivideLamb, mateodolores and 1 other person
Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
Taking revenge would make you feel less suicidal, or? I don't see how these two correlate with each other, but maybe that's just me. To take karma in your own hands would feel liberating, but it certainly wouldn't help my suicidal ideation.

Reactions: mateodolores and SectOfValtiel
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Well, I can speak from experience on this subject. I am 66, so a lot of life experience, good and BAD.

One of the bad aspects is going for the throat, as in getting someone back. Weel, yes it worked, but it never gave me any satisfaction ever.

One time, when I was growing up my older brother, decided it would be funny to uranate on me. I was on the ground, and he was in a hay mow, and he took a whiz on me. I was drenched and he was laughing his head off. My "dad" also thought that it was extremely funny. So, I took a 4-tine pitchfork and shoved it into his right leg. He was not laughing after that.

Not only did my "dad" work me to the bone, 16-hour days, in retrospect, I felt no better afterwards. But I will say one thing, my brother never ever messed with me again. So maybe something good came of it.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, phantomisgone, LONE WOLF. and 4 others
mateodolores

mateodolores

walking corpse
Dec 5, 2022
My goal was to get revenge on those who hurt me so badly like my father and his company, my exes, and my "friends", but as I've matured a bit and spent some time meditating on everything, I don't think it's worth it. Nothing in this world, imo, is worth that much effort except getting out of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Walilamdzii, Wasabi, weepingfree and 2 others
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Revenge is on my mind very often, but sadly, it'd bring only a short-term satisfaction. In the long run, the damage that has been caused cannot be reversed and we still have to CTB.

Sometimes bad people thrive and good people suffer. And this is, sadly, how this world works. Justice is a socially constructed phenomenon, nature knows no such word.

• Love
Reactions: noname123, missingpeace, mateodolores and 3 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
If most of your tormentors are dead, revenge is rather hard to extract. As for the living, you know there are laws that protect them. More is the pity.

Reactions: phantomisgone and LONE WOLF.
Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
  • Love
Reactions: mateodolores, Cryptonite and makethepainstop
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Revenge can only bring me a bad conscience, I will not waste time with this impulse, I prefer to use the energy that drives it to improve my life and the lives of others.

//

La venjança només em pot aportar mala consciència, no perdré el temps amb aquest impuls, prefereixo aprofitar l'energía que la impulsa per millorar la meva vida i la dels altres.

BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
I would love revenge, but only if I cannot face the consequences of my actions. Of course, living in a society we cannot do the thing we want, so I'll just kill myself.

• Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash, Fulminare and makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Revenger is several things. First revenge is a dish best served cold. Second, if revenge is truly your motive, then the prospect of jail or prison time isn't gonna stop you.

Reactions: LONE WOLF. and Fulminare
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
An Indian woman living in Limerick, Ireland has driven me to suicide. She has taken everything from me my emotional, physical and especially my spiritual health and tormented me for the past 2 years. I have no solid proof of this but I do know it is her, let's just say she is a type of occultist and performs everything in the invisible realm where no-one can see what she is doing and she has no limitations. Me and my family have become a target of such a person. Day and night I wish I could take her out using a hitman alas I have no idea how to access the dark web or go about something like this. I'm ready to take prison sentence for her death. If only God would be so kind

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Staying alive is kinda revenge against everyone who tried to make me suicide on purpose, such as my recent ex who tried hard to push me to suicide. I'm sure he's upset that I've chosen to stay alive.

Reactions: phantomisgone