bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

Oct 17, 2023
Feeling a bit frustrated right now; I was here last year and was minutes away from CTBing with SN (which I got extremely easily and cheaply from some fishing site), but some friends stopped me and we threw the SN away at that time. Now it seems almost impossible to find this stuff in the U.S. especially with the new bill that was proposed that it's become a lot harder to get one's hands on SN in the US (thanks Tammy Duckworth). With the newfound difficulty in finding SN, metoclopramide (which I was just going to try to bypass last time but it also pretty hard to get here in the US, as online providers tend to steer you in other directions if you tell them relevant symptoms), and the possibility albeit slim of tardive diskenesia using meto for this method, although I know it's still probably the king in terms of reliability it's seeming a lot less practical/attractive to me.

On the other hand, I live relatively closeby to the Golden Gate Bridge and was wondering what people thought about that method. I've read transcripts of the interviews from The Bridge and know everything that was discussed there, how painful it is if you survive, the instant regret upon free fall, but I still find myself gravitating towards it. Does anyone know how many people die upon impact rather than just break everything and get eaten by a shark while still conscious or something? I guess that possibility does freak me out a bit.

With the Bridge, I'm sure anyone that's considered that option know about the suicide barrier which is supposed to be completed this year. I drove up recently and saw that it's almost complete but not quite, there are sections where it's a straight shot to the water still, but they're closing up fast; probably the entire span will be covered by the end of the year though. There's always SI and the heavy patrols on the bridge to think about too.

Not really sure what I'm asking but just venting I suppose. Has anyone had a similar battle between these two methods or is looking at alternatives after the newfound difficulty in getting SN these days? Any opinions and comments would be welcome :)

Reactions: bridgegirl
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Feeling a bit frustrated right now; I was here last year and was minutes away from CTBing with SN (which I got extremely easily and cheaply from some fishing site), but some friends stopped me and we threw the SN away at that time. Now it seems almost impossible to find this stuff in the U.S. especially with the new bill that was proposed that it's become a lot harder to get one's hands on SN in the US (thanks Tammy Duckworth). With the newfound difficulty in finding SN, metoclopramide (which I was just going to try to bypass last time but it also pretty hard to get here in the US, as online providers tend to steer you in other directions if you tell them relevant symptoms), and the possibility albeit slim of tardive diskenesia using meto for this method, although I know it's still probably the king in terms of reliability it's seeming a lot less practical/attractive to me.

On the other hand, I live relatively closeby to the Golden Gate Bridge and was wondering what people thought about that method. I've read transcripts of the interviews from The Bridge and know everything that was discussed there, how painful it is if you survive, the instant regret upon free fall, but I still find myself gravitating towards it. Does anyone know how many people die upon impact rather than just break everything and get eaten by a shark while still conscious or something? I guess that possibility does freak me out a bit.

With the Bridge, I'm sure anyone that's considered that option know about the suicide barrier which is supposed to be completed this year. I drove up recently and saw that it's almost complete but not quite, there are sections where it's a straight shot to the water still, but they're closing up fast; probably the entire span will be covered by the end of the year though. There's always SI and the heavy patrols on the bridge to think about too.

Not really sure what I'm asking but just venting I suppose. Has anyone had a similar battle between these two methods or is looking at alternatives after the newfound difficulty in getting SN these days? Any opinions and comments would be welcome :)
I don't have a battle between the two methods. I just choose jumping as my method for the "ease" of it. When I'm ready I go. No set up or equipment required.

Reactions: bridgeluvr626
D

Dandy88

May 29, 2023
I don't have a battle between the two methods. I just choose jumping as my method for the "ease" of it. When I'm ready I go. No set up or equipment required.
You did it once. For me, I would never do something that could have such an extremely impact to people who are not trained in. I could never jump or run into a train. The last time I planed, I wrote an Email to the local police with an delay from 24h. No civilian should find my body.

bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

Oct 17, 2023
You did it once. For me, I would never do something that could have such an extremely impact to people who are not trained in. I could never jump or run into a train. The last time I planed, I wrote an Email to the local police with an delay from 24h. No civilian should find my body.
I feel you, I don't want any loved ones, let alone a random civilian, to have to find my body. That's part of the reason why the GG is so attractive to me too; if you time it right with the tides your body may never be found, or if they do it will most likely be coast guard (definitely still traumatizing for anyone seeing me backflip off the bridge in broad daylight though. With SN I live with roommates who are in and out of the house all day and definitely don't want them finding me, so my room seems kinda out of the picture. My car in a remote location could also work, but'll also probably be a random civilian. I guess there's no real perfect way to do this
I very much agree, the set up for a lot of the other methods kinda seems like a lot of work esp where things stand these days LOL

Reactions: bridgegirl
hopeisdead

hopeisdead

Into the void.
Aug 15, 2023
This sucks we can't get SN in the US. šŸ˜”