• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

pphinquiry

Apr 15, 2023
I'm very paranoid and plan to test my carbon monoxide setup with a webcam focused on a high grade CO meter in test run of my environment. Basically verify remotely that I can hit the desired levels of CO in my confined space in a test run.

Ironically, to do this I want safety gear to protect me from CO to avoid partial CO poisoning during my test run.

If i could get it working I would even like to walk into my space wearing a respirator on the real run and run a final CO level check with a meter before taking it off to inhale the CO and ctb. This seems like the true fool proof way.

It seems like some sources online indicate that no currently available respirator setup can protect against this and the only way is to run an active air supply from a tank but some sources indicate there are functioning respirators but they aren't certified any more because they can fail.

Basically can anyone tell me if there are any viable options short of running a scuba setup? If so can you lay it out in as much detail as possible?

Thank you sincerely

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
SCBAs are used for that, they can protect you from CO or any gas in the ambient but they are expensive and ironically if you buy a SCBA it would be a better CTB method than your CO setup (by connecting it to a Nitrogen cylinder instead of an Air cylinder). There are several examples in the Inert gas setups gallery, including my setup.​

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'm very paranoid and plan to test my carbon monoxide setup with a webcam focused on a high grade CO meter in test run of my environment. Basically verify remotely that I can hit the desired levels of CO in my confined space in a test run.

Ironically, to do this I want safety gear to protect me from CO to avoid partial CO poisoning during my test run.

If i could get it working I would even like to walk into my space wearing a respirator on the real run and run a final CO level check with a meter before taking it off to inhale the CO and ctb. This seems like the true fool proof way.

It seems like some sources online indicate that no currently available respirator setup can protect against this and the only way is to run an active air supply from a tank but some sources indicate there are functioning respirators but they aren't certified any more because they can fail.

Basically can anyone tell me if there are any viable options short of running a scuba setup? If so can you lay it out in as much detail as possible?

Thank you sincerely
First off, kudos to you for doing this. You're doing everything exactly right. I'll be doing this exact same thing soon. I've already done some research into this, and from what I've uncovered so far, you are correct that there are no respirators that will work in our situation. I think you can avoid the entire "go into the tent" kind of thing by getting a meter with a probe. This way the probe can be on the inside of the tent, and the meter itself can be on the outside, whereby you'd be able to take precautions (fan) if necessary, to protect yourself while conducting your trials. If you simply must enter the tent for your tests, as @GasMonkey already stated, you'll need some type of forced breathing apparatus to be safe. Be safe and good luck.