RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I received some messages recently from members asking why they are unable to enter chat. We changed the requirements to enter chat to prevent trolls and alt-accounts from entering chats easily and pursuing malicious goals. Thanks for your understanding and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to all people who already had access to chat but I can assure that if you keep being active on the site, you'll gain access to chat again in no time. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TraumaEscapee:), VI48, notwhereIbelong and 32 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Thank you for this, as this was something I also experienced. We love you, mods!

Reactions: CrystallicEyes, Kaycee, CatLvr and 3 others
JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Sep 10, 2024
Thanks, I actually didn't realise that it was being trolled, but then, I only pop into chat for a few minutes to say hello.

Reactions: hopemeetshopeless
coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
is there any info on what the requirements are exactly

Reactions: michaellionel, singingcrow, AmIForReal and 1 other person
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
is there any info on what the requirements are exactly
This would defeat the purpose of changing the requirements, as potential trolls and bad actors could simply mass post etc to reach whatever numbers are needed and gain access. The mods always have a good reason for things like this.

Reactions: Catch-22, CatLvr and Myforevercharlie
coolgal82

coolgal82

Sep 10, 2024
This would defeat the purpose of changing the requirements, as potential trolls and bad actors could simply mass post etc to reach whatever numbers are needed and gain access. The mods always have a good reason for things like this.
fair im just bored and wanna know when i can get access again lmao

• Informative
Reactions: illandlonely and SmallKoy
SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
It's interesting that you can't, I would have figured the post count would be fairly low to access chat. I never lost access to the chat and I don't have many more posts than you. Maybe the requirements aren't related to posts.

Reactions: helloleaf and hopemeetshopeless
coolgal82

coolgal82

Sep 10, 2024
It's interesting that you can't, I would have figured the post count would be fairly low to access chat. I never lost access to the chat and I don't have many more posts than you. Maybe the requirements aren't related to posts.
im assuming its like both posts and like account creation time idk

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and SmallKoy
H

helloleaf

May 30, 2024
I would like to know how to get back my chat access as well. Do I just need to keep posting?

Bubble4246

Bubble4246

Wandering Shadow
Sep 11, 2024
My assumption to get chat access again is to have your account a bit old and to have a certain amount of posts. So just keep posting and one day you will get it I guess... I say as someone who doesn't have access at the moment.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
This crash course may be helpful, the general principle is applicable here. Keep posting and engaging in threads. Mods will not tell you what specifically you need to do to unlock features.

Reactions: sweetcreep, VI48, CatLvr and 1 other person
Noct

Noct

L'appel du vide
Sep 1, 2024
Thank you for the update and protections mods! I was very confused when I logged in but I'm glad it's for troll and other protections

illandlonely

illandlonely

just a little dumb
Sep 6, 2024
Same boat, been pretty active in chat for weeks. Use to chat all day from when I woke up to when I went to sleep. I still don't have access to the chats, even verified my age with my id with a mod too. Don't think I can even dm ppl sadly

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I'm glad the pro-lifers are gone! :D at least, I assume that's what this is about~ >_<
Unfortunately, I've always been under the impression that the chat has been rather clique-y unfortunately~ :( this may either improve or worsen it~ who knows~
im assuming its like both posts and like account creation time idk
I'm sorry that you're unable to access it~ :( Those would be like the requirements for the Sanctuary~
I'm betting the requirements have to deal with reaction score (100+?) and join date (20 days?) myself~

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: eeah and illandlonely
illandlonely

illandlonely

just a little dumb
Sep 6, 2024
I'm glad the pro-lifers are gone! :D at least, I assume that's what this is about~ >_<
Unfortunately, I've always been under the impression that the chat has been rather clique-y unfortunately~ :( this may either improve or worsen it~ who knows~

I'm sorry that you're unable to access it~ :( Those would be like the requirements for the Sanctuary~
I'm betting the requirements have to deal with reaction score (100+?) and join date (20 days?) myself~
My reaction scores like over 400 and I've joined on the 6th ;(

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
H

helloleaf

May 30, 2024
I thought the reactions do not count. Only posts, no? I just want my chats back. For those that got chats back - were they restored ?

EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
My reaction scores like over 400 and I've joined on the 6th ;(
aww~ :( I'm sorry! :( on the bright side, when you get access (which I'm sure you will within 10 days), we'll know the join date requirement! >:3
If you wish to talk to anyone in a chat-like thing in the meantime, there's SS-related Discords which you can try and find via search feature~ :) ofc, be wary of them too tho and report things here too if there's anything suspicious~ Some mods have stated some stuff about red flags for Discord servers in (https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/about-discord-servers.152970) and another one but I lost it~ :(((

illandlonely

illandlonely

just a little dumb
Sep 6, 2024
aww~ :( I'm sorry! :( on the bright side, when you get access (which I'm sure you will within 10 days), we'll know the join date requirement! >:3
If you wish to talk to anyone in a chat-like thing in the meantime, there's SS-related Discords which you can try and find via search feature~ :) ofc, be wary of them too tho and report things here too if there's anything suspicious~ Some mods have stated some stuff about red flags for Discord servers in (https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/about-discord-servers.152970) and another one but I lost it~ :(((
Oof I'm so scared to join a discord server :s The chat use to be a amazing place to talk to ppl, I used it literally everyday all day. Now I'm all alone again

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lynnschronicles and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
Oof I'm so scared to join a discord server :s The chat use to be a amazing place to talk to ppl, I used it literally everyday all day. Now I'm all alone again
aww~ :( you can always pm me or try to talk to the people you used to like talking to in chat if you remember their names tho~ :)
actually, hold on, it may be 14 days, and some amount of reaction score, and messages~ Interesting~

Anime hug pic 9 have huggies~ :)

• Hugs
Reactions: illandlonely
illandlonely

illandlonely

just a little dumb
Sep 6, 2024
aww~ :( you can always pm me or try to talk to the people you used to like talking to in chat if you remember their names tho~ :)
actually, hold on, it may be 14 days, and some amount of reaction score, and messages~ Interesting~

View attachment 151026have huggies~ :)
I can't even pm anymore 😭 but thank you for the hugs

View attachment 151026have huggies~ :)
Where did you learn about the amounts btw? I feel like I acceded it

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
Mkeblair

Mkeblair

Aug 12, 2024
Ehhhh, Seriously? Mods? Hello, my friends? Can we get some insight please? Like, what do we need to do, in order to access chat again? Yes, a lot of us are active on forums and read through them and participate, however, the live chat is of great value, particularly to those of us who may be on the fence...

thenorthern

thenorthern

Sep 19, 2024
Thank you for the update and protections mods! I was very confused when I logged in but I'm glad it's for troll and other protections
I would rather be safe here.
I only got to use it once I believe, seemed like nice people. If you need to talk or vent I am available usually.

TessaMocha

TessaMocha

Jun 30, 2023
Thank you! Happy to know it wasn't a bug and happy to have a tighter leash on it

Reactions: opheliaoveragain and xxCuteSprinklesxx
MasterOfDisguise

MasterOfDisguise

Wishing for a better life
Jun 20, 2023
I received some messages recently from members asking why they are unable to enter chat. We changed the requirements to enter chat to prevent trolls and alt-accounts from entering chats easily and pursuing malicious goals. Thanks for your understanding and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to all people who already had access to chat but I can assure that if you keep being active on the site, you'll gain access to chat again in no time. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness
I was really confused aswell, I usually don't really make alot of forum posts or comments most of the time I pop into the chat and talk with people so this is kind of a bummer

RoadToGehenna

RoadToGehenna

Aug 7, 2024
Reactions should count too but let's hope we can access it again soon :)

Reactions: singingcrow