angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
I think the hanging megathread shows the partial hanging method too positive. It is shown as the perfect method: easy, painless, with only household items, fast etc. but from my experience on this forum I believe that there are a lot of people who tried and failed. I think this megathread is a big reason for this. On the other side there are not many success storys, from what i have seen. I dont have a problem with having a hanging megathread, but id like to have one that explains the whole thing with more nuance, considering the fact, that the partial hanging method can be dangerous.

• Informative
Reactions: forced2live, Pretty_Damaged1111, lionetta12 and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've read of many people failing with partial on here, from what I'm aware full suspension hanging is more recommended, at least from comments I've seen but of course I've never even attempted at all.

But I just think in general the suicide resource complination section is very disorganised, I remember when I first joined there used to be a suicide wiki on the site and I remember that being very informative but I haven't seen that for a while. The suicide resource complination seems to be just random links to threads with no order to it, like the SN threads aren't even next to eachother, I agree about the hanging thread in there as well.

Reactions: forced2live, Prime0, CentreMid and 3 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Can be dangerous?🤔 How can someone exactly report on it being successful? Back in the late 80s a family friend was successful using a necktie. He looked quite dead at his funeral.

Reactions: forced2live, TapeMachine, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
Can be dangerous?🤔 How can someone exactly report on it being successful? Back in the late 80s a family friend was successful using a necktie. He looked quite dead at his funeral.
Im not saying it never works. About the succsess rate, of course I dont know the exact numbers, but often people will write about their methods thats also why we have so much documentation on SN.
With dangerous I ment, that cutting off the blood stream to your brain can lead to serious injuries, like memory loss etc. even if you don't succeed …

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Sweet Tart
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I've also survived partial due to SI after I had already passed out, 7+ times in a row. I ended up giving up and calling for help once the pressure became so bad I couldn't get the rope to tighten any more because the pain was so bad. I plan to do full suspension. For whatever reason I always see negative things about full suspension, despite it having incredibly good success rates. I suppose it is a more gruesome sounding method, so maybe that's what puts people off of it. It's been my preferred method for awhile now. Just waiting for the right time.

• Informative
Reactions: forced2live, die_young, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
I've also survived partial due to SI after I had already passed out, 7+ times in a row.
Thats also a thing I see, people trying partial multiple times…
I am really sorry that things didnt work out ur way, you deserve better<3
Where did u get the idea from to try partial?

Reactions: forced2live and Praestat_Mori
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
I've also survived partial due to SI after I had already passed out, 7+ times in a row. I ended up giving up and calling for help once the pressure became so bad I couldn't get the rope to tighten any more because the pain was so bad. I plan to do full suspension. For whatever reason I always see negative things about full suspension, despite it having incredibly good success rates. I suppose it is a more gruesome sounding method, so maybe that's what puts people off of it. It's been my preferred method for awhile now. Just waiting for the right time.
FUCK SI

Reactions: forced2live, LoveForMetal, LonelyKitten and 2 others
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Thats also a thing I see, people trying partial multiple times…
I am really sorry that things didnt work out ur way, you deserve better<3
Where did u get the idea from to try partial?
My apologies, I meant I tried it once, but kept passing out and waking back up. I haven't tried it since because it was so painful, and I developed tics from very mild brain damage, so I'm not trying to risk more severe damage next time. I was 13 at the time and found all of my information on Lost All Hope. The website is still up but all of their method information has been taken down unless you use the way back machine.
Yes.

Reactions: fkyou, Praestat_Mori and angel31
TiredTurtle

TiredTurtle

Oct 29, 2023
I tried today and failed, restricting the cartoid artery is so much harder than all the advice makes it sound

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F3orbetter

F3orbetter

May 21, 2023
I tried today and failed, restricting the cartoid artery is so much harder than all the advice makes it sound
Thought I had a setup now am second guessing..my worst fear is losing more mobility.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I do agree that partial is often made to sound easier than it is to do. I think for a lot of people this method is something that is easily accessible, something that has a medium amount of preparation and failed attempts can often be hidden. If you live somewhere that makes it very difficult to obtain what you need for a peaceful exit and you can't get any help, this kind of method can be appealing, I'm not sure I agree with removing it from the resources.

Reactions: forced2live and Praestat_Mori
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
The partial hanging megathread has perhaps become a bit too diluted and confused. However, it remains a valuable source for partial. There is a separate full suspension megathread, which in contrast, rarely sees new posts and is largely unknown about.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This is imo a good thread about partial: