wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Just a gentle reminder that struggling as much as we do does not mean we have amnesty to be cruel and/or toxic. I don't think we need to let moments of sexism, homophobia, ableism, sizeism, ageism, racism etc slide because the offender wants to die. I do not understand why this even needs to be said- people are here from ALL over the fucking world, we come in all colors, sizes, ages, classes, nationalities, and abilities. Watch your fucking words.

I hate to have to make this post- I have a warm community of folks I connect with on here and I love them. I do my best to focus on what feels helpful and contribute in ways I can. However, I have come across some really cruel sentiments on here and it makes me feel incredibly unsafe and uncomfortable. This is not okay. We need to do better. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Request to mods- please please work with the community to make things a bit more comfortable. You all do a lot and this is a great community, but some people are here for the wrong reasons tbh.

Everyone else- Be kind. Be respectful. And when someone is not, CALL THEM OUT. And when you get called out, listen and learn. We are all tired.

I appreciate you all! Let's try to keep this place welcoming, brave, and safe as it is meant to be. I get that we are angry, but this is supposed to be our refuge from the poison of the world that makes us literally want to die. Let us treat this place as such.

Leave your toxicity at the sign in window. Pick it up on your way out.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LaminarFlow, it's_all_a_game, Travis Pickle and 10 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Where did you experience that? Chat or forum? Because I don't often see that on the forum tbh

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Where did you experience that? Chat or forum? Because I don't often see that on the forum tbh
Forum. Several threads. I'm glad you have not seen it - cool!

Last edited: