• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I can already see what the comments are going to be like "haha atheist thinks he's better than everyone else" and you know what sure say what ever you want to say about me I'll just say what I wanna say.

I have never had a debate with a religious person about their religion where I wasn't thinking: "This person is clueless" the entire time.

I am a firm believer in proof and evidence. Whenever I ask people for evidence of God or heaven or hell or any part of their religion they always quote some scripture from their religious text like they think it's evidence of anything. I could make any ridiculous claim I want to as well. Does writing it down mean it's true? Religious texts aren't proof of jack shit because anyone can write down whatever they want and say it's true or proof or evidence.

Honestly it is almost unbelievable to me that so many people believe in stuff like this. I just think people who can believe something so ridiculous with absolutely no proof are either plain stupid or have been brainwashed into believing it. Because there is no way that any able-minded human would cling to such absurd beliefs.

People should start believing in things that actually exist and that are important like the mind, nature, space, biology, science, physics etc.

"What proof is there that he doesn't exist" This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the atheist POV. According to Atheists, you are supposed to have evidence to believe in something. It doesn't mean that god certainly doesn't exist, but if you value evidence, then there is no reason to believe in any god. In other words, just because you can't disprove gods existence doesn't mean he does exist. When making the claim that there exists some divine being, the burden of proof falls on you

Reactions: Arachno, ijustwishtodie, GoatHerder and 5 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
I can already see what the comments are going to be like "haha atheist thinks he's better than everyone else" and you know what sure say what ever you want to say about me I'll just say what I wanna say.

I have never had a debate with a religious person about their religion where I wasn't thinking: "This person is clueless" the entire time.

I am a firm believer in proof and evidence. Whenever I ask people for evidence of God or heaven or hell or any part of their religion they always quote some scripture from their religious text like they think it's evidence of anything. I could make any ridiculous claim I want to as well. Does writing it down mean it's true? Religious texts aren't proof of jack shit because anyone can write down whatever they want and say it's true or proof or evidence.

Honestly it is almost unbelievable to me that so many people believe in stuff like this. I just think people who can believe something so ridiculous with absolutely no proof are either plain stupid or have been brainwashed into believing it. Because there is no way that any able-minded human would cling to such absurd beliefs.

People should start believing in things that actually exist and that are important like the mind, nature, space, biology, science, physics etc.

"What proof is there that he doesn't exist" This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the atheist POV. According to Atheists, you are supposed to have evidence to believe in something. It doesn't mean that god certainly doesn't exist, but if you value evidence, then there is no reason to believe in any god. In other words, just because you can't disprove gods existence doesn't mean he does exist. When making the claim that there exists some divine being, the burden of proof falls on you
there are lots of people who are stupid in this world. i think most of the time we just disregard and move on. what it is about religion specifically that is so infuriating? have you had bad experiences with religion?

not saying you're not valid or allowed to feel that way, but i guess this felt more like a rant and i'm wondering if there was a specific interaction that upset you that led to this vent post.

i'm not religious, but i am a drug addict, and i kinda view religion like a drug. some people need it to get through the day. and as long as someone isn't trying to push their coping mechanism onto me i don't feel like they warrant anger, maybe sympathy or pity. but i know that's controversial too, ha.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, GoatHerder, not_actually_human and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
what it is about religion specifically that is so infuriating? have you had bad experiences with religion?
I hate the concept because it convinces people they know the answers to things which they really don't. This stifles learning.

It is important for all people to believe as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible, When you can say "I don't know let's find out!" then you have a chance to learn something. When you say "the magic man in the sky did it!" then there is no motivation to learn anything new. It is very sad.

Religion tells people it has the answers. Science tells people to go out and find the answers (and also science tells people when someone says they have the answer to be skeptical and make sure it is verified!)

Reactions: Arachno, ijustwishtodie, GoatHerder and 4 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well, that's why it's called faith. You believe in your religion unconditionally and unquestionably, otherwise you don't get to go to heaven or whatever. I wouldn't care so much what people believe in if they just left others alone. But with all the proselytizing and holier than thou bullshit these religious people put out, it makes the whole concept intolerable.

I kind of wish religion was more just a loose framework for how to live your life rather than dogma/gospel. Taking everything so literally is a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: jar-baby, ijustwishtodie, GoatHerder and 4 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Does religion make sense from a scientific perspective? Not necessarily.
But I don't blame people for creating religions.
We live on this planet and no one gave us an instruction manual for the world.
We have to answer different questions ourselves.

Death comes for every person, so it's normal that people started to wonder what happens after death.
We created religions for psychological comfort, and because we couldn't clearly answer the question: what happens after death.

Of course, another thing is that religions are very often harmful.
But the main reason is our nature and religion is simply an excuse.

I think that religions should be thrown into the dustbin of history, but I completely understand religious people and why religions were created.
However, I would like people to believe less in Gods who have a direct influence on our lives.

Reactions: GoatHerder, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
U

UnluckyBastard

Jun 26, 2024
It's not bad when they keep it to themselves.
It's bad when it shapes policy and the lives of people that aren't religious or just don't care about religion.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester, ijustwishtodie, GoatHerder and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Everyone is free to believe whatever they want and they should keep it to themselves and not force others to believe the same.

I would say religion - apart for the fact that any religious beliefs are kinda indoctrinated by parents and the the environment we're growing up - can be a kind of coping mechanism to bear suffering we have to endure during our lives.

I always say: Believing means knowing nothing.

Reactions: GoatHerder and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Everyone is free to believe whatever they want and they should keep it to themselves and not force others to believe the same.
Some people don't respect my belief that you don't have to respect all beliefs

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and GoatHerder
Gangrel

Gangrel

Jul 25, 2024
Your rants about religion feels exactly like when religious people preach their beliefs to others.

Reactions: GoatHerder
seraph189

seraph189

Jul 28, 2024
What evidence do you have that space exists? Other than being provided some videos and writings to tell you it does? There's no real evidence anybody landed on the moon 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm religious but to be honest I don't read into any scriptures, I find it difficult to believe I should live my life in accordance to any book. Especially books that I never saw anyone write, or any being write. It feels more like somebody else wrote those books and benefitted greatly from the controlling aspects of people following. I mean, I believe in a God, a higher being, a higher entity and I believe in spirits. I believe in some form of afterlife also, so I guess in terms of evidence as you speak? It's faith, unless somebody had an experience 🤷🏻‍♂️

I

ironeyes

Oct 30, 2023
I'm religious, not abrahamic, but religious. I believe wholeheartedly in science, evolution, the scientific method, and all things related to it. I do not try to convert anyone- fun fact, it's expressly against the tenets of my faith to convert others or spread our religion. I don't think my gods are always right, nor do I have a thousand percent faith in my faith itself. I don't want religion in politics, schools (unless history or culture related), etc. I also don't think my religion or superstitions make sense sometimes, but I'm okay with that. the world is very harsh and cruel, but prayer and ritual bring me comfort. they might 'do something' in some spiritual sense or may have absolutely zero material impact, but they do bring me some comfort and happiness, and that's enough for me. I don't claim to be correct or to know anything more than anyone else does. it makes me happy when I need it, it gives me a sense that I can lean on something a little greater than myself. if I'm 'wrong' and nothing I believe is 'real'- I'm okay with that :) it's not wasted time for me because it doesn't hurt me and makes me feel a little safer in the world and more appreciative. it's like telling myself 'I will have a good day today' in the mirror, yk? maybe subconsciously boosts a little confidence. but for me, with little faith in myself, telling myself 'god is looking out for me' has the same impact regardless of it's actually god or if it's just another word I'm calling myself :)

I know this is not everyone's experience with being religious or encountering religious people, but this is how it works for me, and it works well.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
What evidence do you have that space exists? Other than being provided some videos and writings to tell you it does?
Because you can see the stars using a telescope.

Space is just location. You are in space right now.

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019

metaphysical idealism would argue that's all in your head anyways

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
metaphysical idealism would argue that's all in your head anyways
reality exists in the human mind and all around us in the environment

seraph189

seraph189

Jul 28, 2024

But you only know them as stars because you've been told they are stars 🤷🏻‍♂️ They could be anything and it's the same with anything. I'm pretty sure everything we know to believe is likely a lie, death being the only thing that isn't 😮‍💨

GoatHerder

GoatHerder

Jul 11, 2024
I got brainwashed as a kid going to catholic schools and seeing it on tv shows like The Simpsons. There's a lot of people around debunking it now like on the Atheism subreddit, but I never really cared about proving/disproving it until I went through a series of traumatic events last year and realized it was all made up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkover
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm being raised by religious parents and their religion pisses me off so much. What is annoying is that I'm forced to pray, read the quran and listen to bullshit islamic lectures because of my parents. I hate it. I wouldn't even care about this religion if they didn't force me to do their religious bullshit but, since they do force me, I get easily annoyed. You're right about how religion stifles learning as well as how stupid they are. Both my parents have a low IQ. They just blindly believe without having any critical thinking at all

Reactions: Darkover
Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
There's plenty of evidence for a God
But lets get things straight first
Proof and evidence are not the same

You can argue about the evidence, but I believe this is what you were requesting in your post

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
There's plenty of evidence for a God
But lets get things straight first
Proof and evidence are not the same

You can argue about the evidence, but I believe this is what you were requesting in your post

Intelligent design (ID) is a pseudoscientific argument for the existence of God
i am not even going to bother wasting my time watching the rest

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
Intelligent design (ID) is a pseudoscientific argument for the existence of God
i am not even going to bother wasting my time watching the rest

Yeah I had the feeling you weren't really interrested in actually hearing anything
You just wanted to call religous people stupid
That's fine I guess
Good day

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Yeah I had the feeling you weren't really interrested in actually hearing anything
You just wanted to call religous people stupid
That's fine I guess
Good day
what about animals ? They don't have free will, right ? They won't be judged and go to heaven/hell, will they ? Animal kingdom is a system made by God without the intent of judging its members, yet it does have its part of horrible things. Animals slowly eaten alive, babies rapes, unnecessary kills and sufferings, and so on. It's all God's plan, conceived and made by him.
Just to be clear, I obviously don't blame animals, the problem is that if we assume that a god created this system, it reflects his cruelty since he is the one who instilled this behavior to animals and there is no point to create something with this level of suffering and brutality.

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
what about animals ? They don't have free will, right ? They won't be judged and go to heaven/hell, will they ? Animal kingdom is a system made by God without the intent of judging its members, yet it does have its part of horrible things. Animals slowly eaten alive, babies rapes, unnecessary kills and sufferings, and so on. It's all God's plan, conceived and made by him.
Just to be clear, I obviously don't blame animals, the problem is that if we assume that a god created this system, it reflects his cruelty since he is the one who instilled this behavior to animals and there is no point to create something with this level of suffering and brutality.
I assume you're speaking of Christianity here? Or another religion?
If we're just talking about a god existing, he doesn't have to be "good" or "evil" in the first place to possibly exist.
I use quotations marks, because objective good/evil is not really a thing without a God in the first place.

Last edited:
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
There is a good quote about this topic..
"Reasonable humans often come together and agree on what is "good" and "evil" these moral and ethical properties do indeed exist both subjectively, and objectively while also being human perception and social constructs all at the same time."
This is true. The concept of God isnt a requirement for things to be 'good' or 'evil'.
There are plenty of cultures, past & present, that show this to be true.

When you study other religions other than the one you might have grown up with, you'll see how seemingly delusional others appear.
Then when you can think in a higher state, you'll see how your own religious background is just as delusional.

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
There is a good quote about this topic..
"Reasonable humans often come together and agree on what is "good" and "evil" these moral and ethical properties do indeed exist both subjectively, and objectively while also being human perception and social constructs all at the same time."
This is true. The concept of God isnt a requirement for things to be 'good' or 'evil'.
There are plenty of cultures, past & present, that show this to be true.

When you study other religions other than the one you might have grown up with, you'll see how seemingly delusional others appear.
Then when you can think in a higher state, you'll see how your own religious background is just as delusional.
How can good and evil be both subjective and objective at the same time?

hxtel

hxtel

Hotel
Jul 29, 2024
If god is real he hates me lol. I sometimes wonder if I'm hell spawn or something like that. Maybe in another life I was a horrible evil person and this is my atonement then other times I just believe that no thing can be as cruel enough to make a world like this. I believe religion is part of the human condition and even non believers will have there moments of wonder.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I just wish they'd keep religion and the government separate.

Reactions: sserafim
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
How can good and evil be both subjective and objective at the same time?
That was just a quote from others.....Ive seen arguments for this and it gets deep in philosophy.....too deep for me to care.
Personally, its based on what is happening to me & to others I care about.....
But I don't think a higher deity is needed to contain morality. There are some concepts that humans seem to share where spirituality is not a factor.

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Jul 29, 2024
But I don't think a higher deity is needed to contain morality. There are some concepts that humans seem to share where spirituality is not a factor.
And I never said it did
I only said objective morals requires there to be a God