WhiskeyLulabuy

WhiskeyLulabuy

Jan 23, 2020
I have never been religious, when I'm asked why don't I believe in god? I normally answer the say reason I don't believe in Spider-Man
But the closer to CTB I get the more iv been thinking about it but ALL types of religion and feel the need to visit churches ect ???
Anyone else have this issue??

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think it's perfectly normal to feel what you're feeling right now. I've always been somewhat religious but I've found that I'm getting more and more so as my time approaches.

I definitely think you should draw your own conclusions. But a little research will never hurt you. It may give you a better sense of peace when and if the time comes.

Reactions: Sensei
A

Ange_Fatigue

Jan 20, 2020
Well religions are dogmas and linked to the notions of power, society, civilisations etc...
Spirituality is the real matter if you seek what the true nature of reality is.
Nothing can exist outside of god. In a sense you are god exprimenting itself, playing hide and seek with himself.

• Love
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, NeonDemon, TrashBean and 2 others
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I can tell you about how i am feeling.
The faster my time approaches the more prone I am to believe in a higher faith. Its not because im religious, but because i am vulnerable and lonely, and this "illusion" helps me to strenghen my believe to cbt.

Reactions: Absurdity, TrashBean and WhiskeyLulabuy
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
A friend of mine who was a scholar, an expert on Freud, and the staunchest atheist you ever met, turned to religion when she was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. During her last time alive she completely shut out all her family and friends and talked only to priests and even had a monk visit her in hospital.

You never know how the prospect of impending death changes you. There are no rules and whatever you feel is right.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for, @WhiskeyLulabuy

and I hope my friend found some solace in religion right at the end, and is now at peace.

Reactions: Absurdity and GoodPersonEffed
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
I've never been religious although I think religions are important. Without them society starts to break down.

And @Imroch, ugh, Richard Dawkins always seemed like his namesake to me, a dick. Well, we all need our heroes, don't we.

Reactions: mesohappy
Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
Christopher Hitchens wrote many books denying the existence of a god , he was diagnosed with cancer and as his time approached death , in one of his last interviews he was asked if he still refuted the idea of a god , after a long pause it was obvious that he had doubts , eventually he could only say that he was an optimist.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and hatelife
departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
I've grown further away from church since becoming actively suicidal. While this is something I regret, I just feel awkward being in God's house on the verge of giving up this body. For a while, some people at church tried to stay in contact but they eventually gave up.

Reactions: voltage268
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
I have never been religious, when I'm asked why don't I believe in god? I normally answer the say reason I don't believe in Spider-Man
But the closer to CTB I get the more iv been thinking about it but ALL types of religion and feel the need to visit churches ect ???
Nope, it's obviously to me what religions and churches are. Not interested.

Reactions: V0latile
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
Hello love..I have the same issue. I feel horribly despondent, but the more I get closer to planning to ctb, the more of a pull I feel to draw closer to a higher power, like something is keeping me here. It is so very frustrating cuz I'm so tired... I did visit a church recently and the the sermon was "Don't give up". Coincidence? Idk, since I don't believe much in coincidences..

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith and hatelife
H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
Christopher Hitchens wrote many books denying the existence of a god , he was diagnosed with cancer and as his time approached death , in one of his last interviews he was asked if he still refuted the idea of a god , after a long pause it was obvious that he had doubts , eventually he could only say that he was an optimist.
its just anxiety, in my last suicide attempt I felt really calm and I did not believe in God before I attempted that, not in the religious ones at least but anyways I always felt he would forgive me as I just had enough at the time and had a rough year all together then, now im close to that feeling again, specially now after Kobes death I feel like I could go now really dont wanna be here, I feel like my body has given up, if God really cared about or cares he sees that im in a hell here and why I would do such a thing, if he doesnt then screw him/her/it, if God is such an egoistic thing and narcissist, even if christopther was diagnosed with cancer it isent because he was atheist, its because its common and because he smoked like a chimney :) also Kobe was religious and look how he died...so dont think God thinks like that, who believe in him or what, he can see who is Good by their actions and in privacy of their home and mind what they think.

im afraid of hell because of my last suicide attempt....saw some weird things, some people around me or creatures in the last minutes n a black image with light in the middle, like a black hole

Last edited:
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
its just anxiety, in my last suicide attempt I felt really calm and I did not believe in God before I attempted that, not in the religious ones at least but anyways I always felt he would forgive me as I just had enough at the time and had a rough year all together then, now im close to that feeling again, specially now after Kobes death I feel like I could go now really dont wanna be here, I feel like my body has given up, if God really cared about or cares he sees that im in a hell here and why I would do such a thing, if he doesnt then screw him/her/it, if God is such an egoistic thing and narcissist, even if christopther was diagnosed with cancer it isent because he was atheist, its because its common and because he smoked like a chimney :) also Kobe was religious and look how he died...so dont think God thinks like that, who believe in him or what, he can see who is Good by their actions and in privacy of their home and mind what they think.

im afraid of hell because of my last suicide attempt....saw some weird things, some people around me or creatures in the last minutes n a black image with light in the middle, like a black hole
Wow! that's so scary!! Fear of the unknown has a lot to do with y I'm still here...wow

• Hugs
Reactions: hatelife
ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
Human instinct, really. We look for order and deliberate-ness even when there isn't any.

Reactions: Absurdity, Pisceslilith, issyishere and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I've always thought people tend to go to religion to 1) feel part of something and 2) for the comfort of thinking there is something after death.

Reactions: Absurdity, Pisceslilith, Fragile and 2 others
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020

What was your method on your last attempt? (If you don't mind me asking)
Yeah, I haven't been to church since 2005,yet last Sunday I felt a strong urge/desire to go.I got really uncomfortable and anxious as the time approached and chickened.Doesnt hurt to cover all your bases I guess.Ive also been finding myself doing online research on different religions of the world and what they say about afterlife and suicide.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
What was your method on your last attempt? (If you don't mind me asking)
Yeah, I haven't been to church since 2005,yet last Sunday I felt a strong urge/desire to go.I got really uncomfortable and anxious as the time approached and chickened.Doesnt hurt to cover all your bases I guess.Ive also been finding myself doing online research on different religions of the world and what they say about afterlife and suicide.
5 grams Amitriptyline, should probably done more as the PPH says in the book 11 grams I think it said.

Try looking at Arvin Ash videos on youtube, he explaines science really nice and what might be more true than different religions around the world :) really, im spiritual also but he his videos are really nice and the theories that scientists believe are more interesting at least to me,

Last edited:
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019

I think you might find the potential for some interesting conversations if you did not compare people's faith to a comic book. I understand that to you a god is a fictional character, but it doesn't hurt to be respectful.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
5 grams Amitriptyline, should probably done more as the PPH says in the book 11 grams I think it said.
Right on...Do you think what you saw might have just been a hallucination caused by the Ami. overdose? (Amitriptyline is an anti depressant,right? Im not familiar with it)
I think you might find the potential for some interesting conversations if you did not compare people's faith to a comic book. I understand that to you a god is a fictional character, but it doesn't hurt to be respectful.
Do you believe in God princess,if you dont mind me asking? And do you think he punishes people for suicide? (just curious)
A friend of mine who was a scholar, an expert on Freud, and the staunchest atheist you ever met, turned to religion when she was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. During her last time alive she completely shut out all her family and friends and talked only to priests and even had a monk visit her in hospital.

You never know how the prospect of impending death changes you. There are no rules and whatever you feel is right.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for, @WhiskeyLulabuy

and I hope my friend found some solace in religion right at the end, and is now at peace.
My faith in God got shaken pretty bad when my 4 year old niece died from cancer.A 4 year old little innocent girl,parents had her in church,whole church praying for her recovery,plus prayer chain with other churches around the country and random people on social media..And God still let her suffer and die.Fucked up man..Hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: JustVisiting, Absurdity and hatelife
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It's said that even atheists reach out to God in battle trenches.

H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
Right on...Do you think what you saw might have just been a hallucination caused by the Ami. overdose? (Amitriptyline is an anti depressant,right? Im not familiar with it)
Do you believe in God princess,if you dont mind me asking? And do you think he punishes people for suicide? (just curious)
My faith in God got shaken pretty bad when my 4 year old niece died from cancer.A 4 year old little innocent girl,parents had her in church,whole church praying for her recovery,plus prayer chain with other churches around the country and random people on social media..And God still let her suffer and die.Fucked up man..Hard pill to swallow.
might have been hallucination even if its anti-depressant, im scared though as before that I wasnt as scared, now im like more scared to go to hell if there is such a thing, or like suffering in general after life, its like who is to say we wont continue to suffer after we die? but I dont know about being a sin, its more that it will affect my family badly if I do it not God himself if he exists..that might be like bad karma maybe

yeah im not sure, there could be a God, he migth not be as nice though(to our standards and what we think of as nice), im not sure maybe we created this all together as a movie and agreed to this somehow? I dont think we are thinking of all possibilities.

Im sorry for your niece :( thats really sad, I know the feeling, I keep praying too and not much is happening to better my mental health..
It's said that even atheists reach out to God in battle trenches.
but does he help all those suffering? look at that post above u and that poor child

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
but does he help all those suffering? look at that post above u and that poor child

I've researched, and it seems possible that the idea of God helps to regulate our emotions by providing comfort and support. Brain scan studies have shown the same areas light up as parental attachment. Whether that means there is an actual God or is some trick of biology, I don't know.

Reactions: hatelife and mesohappy
foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Jan 2, 2020
It's like how James Campbell said it (theres an entire series of interviews with him you can view on youtube which are all very enlightening) and others who went trough NDE's. You can't explain the after life in words. It's beyond our imagination. Our minds (in the current physical state) can't even comprehend God or a world beyond our dimension or life after death. So our minds have to make sense of it with what limited words we have, which is what religion has been doing for more than 2500 years. I even think ancient myth's are an expression of how we live and die. You have to read between the lines of those religious texts, most importantly decipher it with your own understanding and not what others tell you, since many of us here are closer to death than others I think we can make sense of myth and religion more than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiki666 and hatelife
Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
It is possible you seen something you shouldn't have , bearing in mind it's only a thin veil which separates the earth from the demonic realm . The place is called the labyrinth , composed of tunnels and it is pitch black for the most part . Occasionally you find a light and I say occasionally for they are spaced well apart , at these lights people congregate and you only have to take half dozen steps or so to be in complete darkness again .
As for the creatures, they do exist , primary function is to keep some semblance of order . If you look at hieroglyphs what creature do you see walking on their back legs , a form of dog or wolf and could they be a distant relative and why did they paint them in the hieroglyphs if they are not real ?
With your attempted suicide somehow your energy/ frequency paralleled another frequency enabling you to see what you shouldn't have , wrong place wrong time and you have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing this place again !

• Wow
J

justwantdeath

Dec 13, 2019
I've always believed because I did feel the Holy Spirit when I asked Jesus to enter my heart at age 7. I didn't grow up in a religious household but my belief in God has never been shaken.

• Love
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I've never been religious. I don't like religion. But I try to keep an open mind spiritually, though.

Reactions: hatelife and xXSarac3nSlay3rXx
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I guess I would consider myself an atheist. To clarify, I am an agnostic atheist, so I keep an open mind with these matters: I know nothing for certain. I have no desire to visit churches, but I do find myself entertaining the possibility of an afterlife more than I used to. Ultimately, the only way for me to really know whether there is an afterlife is to shuffle off this mortal coil. . .

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: JustVisiting and hatelife