iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
I've been growing more and more religious more and more everyday ( islam) and it makes me have so much fear and anxiety with ctb because in Islam you will go to hell for eternity if you kys because it is considered as killing another soul , i don't want to let go of the religion but I want to over come the fear anyone here muslim, Christian ect , how do you cope with it ? Really need someone to tell me it's gonna be okay

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
peachchildtenshi

peachchildtenshi

life
Apr 6, 2023
I've been going through some of this, though, my only thoughts on this were,
God is most merciful and most understanding, just because you did this and that meant you go here or there,
You were fated to end up in this situation by unfortunate circumstances that some of us just can't go up against no matter how hard we try,

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, notori, iamsofkntired and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If there was an almighty, all-forgiving, all-merciful god he would end all that suffering on this planet. Certainly there is no god or it's a sadistic one. Why would a god create man kind to let them suffer so much that some of them see no other choice but suicide just to punish them in hell? But he is all-forgiving. Where's the logic?

Reactions: Freimann, myusername890, Zora099 and 3 others
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Sep 28, 2023
If there was an almighty, all-forgiving, all-merciful god he would end all that suffering on this planet. Certainly there is no god or it's a sadistic one. Why would a god create man kind to let them suffer so much that some of them see no other choice but suicide just to punish them in hell? But he is all-forgiving. Where's the logic?

Thats actually what i think about all the time sometimes I get too religious and sometime I think like this and decide I'm and atheist , I just want something to tell me that it's not the end you know

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes and Praestat_Mori
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
get rid of the stupid religion too stupid to understand science try religion

Reactions: Freimann, myusername890, Rev346 and 1 other person
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Let's say that hell&heaven is real, doesn't mean that my pain in earth just gonna go away for knowing that there's fate worse that the current condition im in. So, why bother with the thought of afterlife

Another thing, there's a debate about suicide which some people said that suicide is one of the biggest sin and will send you straight to hell. The reason? It's because if someone commit suicide means that they defying god fate. But on the other hand, islam is the religion where you have to believe that god control all of living things fate, so isn't that mean suicide is actually one of the fate that god made for humans? My point is that they contradict themself by saying that suicide will bring you to hell, so you dont have to be affraid or nervous about this

Last thing, the reason why i know about this debate because im also live in a country where islam is a dominant religion,so that's why i knew about this debate.

Reactions: Freimann, HaHaSoLame, iamsofkntired and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No offence to you but, why are people so sure they're getting into heaven without commiting suicide? If there is a God, maybe we've already done enough to piss them off to send us to hell. Still- you may have lived an absolutely sin-free life- to be fair. Sorry- I can't reassure you either way because I simply don't know. Looking at this world and the very way it has been designed- I'd say whoever created it has a pretty strange moral compass themselves so- I wouldn't exactly expect them to play fair- whatever you do. I personally think- if a God does exist- we're all screwed.

Reactions: Freimann, myusername890, iamsofkntired and 2 others
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Everybody to their own belief, I'm atheist and thankfully don't have any of this baggage.

I sincerely hope you clear your conscience before CTB.

Reactions: Freimann, myusername890 and iamsofkntired
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Most major religions have an agenda to control the masses. Fear of hell brainwashed from early childhood turns out to be a very potent method to keep the population obedient. One of my favourite quotes by Sigmund Freud sums it up thusly:

"Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."

Note the parallels between growing up with parents who punish us when we are 'bad' and reward us when we are 'good'. Then we learn about Santa Claus, and finally the judgemental deities with the ultimate, eternal rewards/punishments in store for us. Is this truth, or conditioning?

Note also how the basic human survival instinct, or the desire for pleasure, can be quietly coopted by a religion to control people with extravagant claims of the afterlife, which punters have no way of disproving. Then there's the very primordial human desire for a tribe, which religion will gladly offer. But at what price to freedom of thought?

And yet, this is not ultimately an argument against religion. Being conscious of religious manipulation does nothing to prove or disprove any particular belief system about the bigger picture of life. But I will say that if there's any value to be found, it is going to be in smaller and more authentic denominations, such as the Sufi tradition and teachers like Rumi.

Reactions: myusername890, iamsofkntired and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Thats actually what i think about all the time sometimes I get too religious and sometime I think like this and decide I'm and atheist , I just want something to tell me that it's not the end you know
Religions are man made to control the masses of people by fear!

Reactions: myusername890
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Sep 28, 2023
Religions are man made to control the masses of people by fear!
yes but i want to believe that theres something on the other side , religion says there is but it makes it sound horrible tbh
No offence to you but, why are people so sure they're getting into heaven without commiting suicide? If there is a God, maybe we've already done enough to piss them off to send us to hell. Still- you may have lived an absolutely sin-free life- to be fair. Sorry- I can't reassure you either way because I simply don't know. Looking at this world and the very way it has been designed- I'd say whoever created it has a pretty strange moral compass themselves so- I wouldn't exactly expect them to play fair- whatever you do. I personally think- if a God does exist- we're all screwed.
if im being honest ive done things that will get me to hell one ticket alot of haram things this if im being honest this helps , im going to hell anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
I've been growing more and more religious more and more everyday ( islam) and it makes me have so much fear and anxiety with ctb because in Islam you will go to hell for eternity if you kys because it is considered as killing another soul , i don't want to let go of the religion but I want to over come the fear anyone here muslim, Christian ect , how do you cope with it ? Really need someone to tell me it's gonna be okay
As a Muslim, I have a strong strong inclination I'm going to hell anyway, so I may as well make my time on Earth as short as possible if I'm going to end up in the same place. You get to a point where you stop caring, cus my thinking is at least all I'll have to do everyday is burn, I won't have to get up everyday and deal with all my life problems, both physical and mental etc. And at least it will be warm cus I swear my country is getting colder and colder every month, at least it's a chance to finally be warm. And if you do end up ctb at some point, I'll see you there ig?

• Hugs
Reactions: iamsofkntired and Praestat_Mori
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Most religions that claim that committing suicide is a one-way ticket to hell do this to keep their followers trapped. If you can't leave the religion or commit suicide and are expected to reproduce and have a bunch of children and indoctrinate them into the religion then that decreases the chances of the religion fizzling out. It helps to allow it to grow and maintain a large number of followers.

At the end of the day, if the God you believe in is truly an all-loving God who cares about you then they wouldn't send you to hell for something so ridiculous.

While there are many beautiful and interesting aspects to Islam, it's no different from any other religion. The chances of that religion's God being real are about as high as the chances for any other religion's God/s being real, including those who have died out long ago. If there does turn out to be a being of higher power out there, I feel like the chances of them having any connections to any of our religions are very low.

Even if it were to turn out that Allah was real, at the end of the day everything we know about Allah is through some random dude claiming to be his prophet. We have no clue as to whether or not he was telling the truth about everything he said. Even today, many people apart of Islam still have debates over different parts of the Quran. I've even seen them debate over whether listening to music is haram or not. If Allah is an all-loving and merciful God, then Allah would have to understand where you are coming from if you decide to ctb, otherwise, Allah isn't that much of an "all-loving and merciful" God.

Reactions: myusername890, HaHaSoLame, iamsofkntired and 1 other person
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Sep 28, 2023
As a Muslim, I have a strong strong inclination I'm going to hell anyway, so I may as well make my time on Earth as short as possible if I'm going to end up in the same place. You get to a point where you stop caring, cus my thinking is at least all I'll have to do everyday is burn, I won't have to get up everyday and deal with all my life problems, both physical and mental etc. And at least it will be warm cus I swear my country is getting colder and colder every month, at least it's a chance to finally be warm. And if you do end up ctb at some point, I'll see you there ig?
I think I'm gonna do it cuz I finally got to the point where i don't care anymore . About my family , hell , future ect I WILL see you there.

Reactions: lifewasawillowtv
A

AgainChrisis

Oct 17, 2023
To sin against God requires full consent of the will. I'm mentally impaired, thus my consent is defective.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Most religions that claim that committing suicide is a one-way ticket to hell do this to keep their followers trapped. If you can't leave the religion or commit suicide and are expected to reproduce and have a bunch of children and indoctrinate them into the religion then that decreases the chances of the religion fizzling out. It helps to allow it to grow and maintain a large number of followers.

At the end of the day, if the God you believe in is truly an all-loving God who cares about you then they wouldn't send you to hell for something so ridiculous.

While there are many beautiful and interesting aspects to Islam, it's no different from any other religion. The chances of that religion's God being real are about as high as the chances for any other religion's God/s being real, including those who have died out long ago. If there does turn out to be a being of higher power out there, I feel like the chances of them having any connections to any of our religions are very low.

Even if it were to turn out that Allah was real, at the end of the day everything we know about Allah is through some random dude claiming to be his prophet. We have no clue as to whether or not he was telling the truth about everything he said. Even today, many people apart of Islam still have debates over different parts of the Quran. I've even seen them debate over whether listening to music is haram or not. If Allah is an all-loving and merciful God, then Allah would have to understand where you are coming from if you decide to ctb, otherwise, Allah isn't that much of an "all-loving and merciful" God.
What about hinduism? It doesn't have a concept of hell and heaven. It follows the karma framework. The pain and melancholy you leave behind, will be received by you in some other birth. Moreover, human life being the only key to escape the cycle of birth and death, you never know if your next birth will be a human birth. So if you are a human, utilise it to get out of the cycle to never be birthed again. The breaking of this cycle is called Moksha. And interestingly , if you have no desire left , you can leave your body which ultimately translates to the act of suicide, but it's termed Samadhi. The key here is you should be desireless.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
What about hinduism? It doesn't have a concept of hell and heaven. It follows the karma framework. The pain and melancholy you leave behind, will be received by you in some other birth. Moreover, human life being the only key to escape the cycle of birth and death, you never know if your next birth will be a human birth. So if you are a human, utilise it to get out of the cycle to never be birthed again. The breaking of this cycle is called Moksha. And interestingly , if you have no desire left , you can leave your body which ultimately translates to the act of suicide, but it's termed Samadhi. The key here is you should be desireless.
I was specifically talking about religions that made claims about suicide being a sin. I don't know why you are bringing up hinduism when that religion wouldn't apply to the religions I was referring to.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm just confused as to why you're randomly up about hinduism.

horrible

horrible

Dec 5, 2023
as an ex-muslim heres what ill tell you, some people here say that Allah forgives suicide, well, he doesnt and thats the most truthful thing i can tell you. And as you stated you said you've grown more and more religious, so i recommend reading the last 2 verses of Surah Baqarah, they really help. Praying is also a very good coping mechanism as it helps feel at peace if you do it fully with your mind fixed on the creator.
Although, i am pretty sure that you DONT go to hell for eternity, but you go until your deeds have been payed; like going to prison for a crime.

i know this is in a way "pro-life", but thats what the religion states, good luck on your journey and if you ever need something cleared up or help of any sorts, feel free to dm me

Reactions: Freimann
Black Sheep One

Black Sheep One

Mar 4, 2023
As a Christian, read John 3:16. We celebrate Christmas as the birth of God's son Jesus. The story is in Luke. Around Easter he dies on the cross to save the believers from their sins. On Easter he rises and goes to Heaven. I wish to believe that some where in the massive sky, there is a special place for me called Heaven.
I pray that my sin of suicide be forgiven. I also pray that I don't not have to commit that sin. I believe this for when I die, I want Heaven. If what I believe is wrong, I stand in good company.

As an Atheist, the son of God simply means the Sun in the sky stays longer. This is true in the Northern hemisphere. The Sun and longer days end winter and brings summer. When you die, there is nothing more. This includes suffering.

If you want fear, then try Hell. When you die, you go to a worse place. No thanks. The above option will be just fine.

In conclusion, three ideas for an afterlife. Heaven, nothing, or Hell. Two out three ain't bad. I believe in Heaven to avoid Hell. If nothing happens, great.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I was specifically talking about religions that made claims about suicide being a sin. I don't know why you are bringing up hinduism when that religion wouldn't apply to the religions I was referring to.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm just confused as to why you're randomly up about hinduism.
Because Hinduism also states suicide to be a sin. And the reason why it is considered a sin is the description I have given. At the end everything is faith driven, but in this case , I am afraid to be reborn again and that too into more extreme situations nullifying the very act of suicide as it actually didn't free me , rather pushed me into more difficult situation.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Because Hinduism also states suicide to be a sin. And the reason why it is considered a sin is the description I have given. At the end everything is faith driven, but in this case , I am afraid to be reborn again and that too into more extreme situations nullifying the very act of suicide as it actually didn't free me , rather pushed me into more difficult situation.
Oh! I guess there would be some exceptions, (such as Hinduism, as you noted) though I feel like in most cases it's usually just end up being used as a tactic to control people and keep them trapped in the religion. But then again, I'm only going off of my own knowledge and assumptions here...

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I am afraid to be reborn again
I only quote this part from you and it can stand for everyone else believing in any other indoctrinated religious believes.

This is what your culture (that evolved over many many centuries) and primarily your parents taught you to believe. You did not come to those conclusions on your own, not because you were convinced about it reading stories and scientific stuff that this is the way it most likely is.

They're al beliefs without any scientific evidence.

I repeat my statement: Religions are man mad and are indoctrinated beliefs to control the masses by fear. And this especially applies to "Islam".

as an ex-muslim heres what ill tell you, some people here say that Allah forgives suicide, well, he doesnt and thats the most truthful thing i can tell you.
Maybe he doesn't, no prob! Imo "Allah" is probably the most sadistic god ever existed ( or invented by human minds ), creating man kind just to punish them in hell for not following his commands exactly. And reading the quran is really brainwashing if you really don't have an own strong personality.

I don't want to offend any religious person, everyone is free in what they want to believe or not. This is my personal opinion.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I only quote this part from you and it can stand for everyone else believing in any other indoctrinated religious believes.

This is what your culture (that evolved over many many centuries) and primarily your parents taught you to believe. You did not come to those conclusions on your own, not because you were convinced about it reading stories and scientific stuff that this is the way it most likely is.

They're al beliefs without any scientific evidence.

I repeat my statement: Religions are man mad and are indoctrinated beliefs to control the masses by fear. And this especially applies to "Islam".

Maybe he doesn't, no prob! Imo "Allah" is probably the most sadistic god ever existed ( or invented by human minds ), creating man kind just to punish them in hell for not following his commands exactly. And reading the quran is really brainwashing if you really don't have an own strong personality.

I don't want to offend any religious person, everyone is free in what they want to believe or not. This is my personal opinion.
At the end, everything is faith based. As long as we have this body, we can't separate ourselves from the emotion of fear. If anyone has conquered fear , they have conquered everything.

• Hugs
horrible

horrible

Dec 5, 2023
Imo "Allah" is probably the most sadistic god ever existed
Honestly i agree a lot on that point. the point of the existence of mankind in terms of islam is just for worship, but worship can come in forms of helping others which is pretty cool ig. But like why give humanity this horribl test like cmon

• Hugs
Reactions: Freimann and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
At the end, everything is faith based. As long as we have this body, we can't separate ourselves from the emotion of fear. If anyone has conquered fear , they have conquered everything.
True, no doubt. But where do u get your faith from? Mainly what your parents already believed and indoctrinated into your brain from early ages and the society you're living in.

There could be truth in everything but if there was one real truth about believes, I#m sure that 99% of the world population would have the same believes. It would sth "genetically imprinted" - like we cannot stop breathing even if we wanted to - I hope you get my point here.

Again, no offence to anyone who is religious, everyone is free to believe whatever they want.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
True, no doubt. But where do u get your faith from? Mainly what your parents already believed and indoctrinated into your brain from early ages and the society you're living in.

There could be truth in everything but if there was one real truth about believes, I#m sure that 99% of the world population would have the same believes. It would sth "genetically imprinted" - like we cannot stop breathing even if we wanted to - I hope you get my point here.

Again, no offence to anyone who is religious, everyone is free to believe whatever they want.
Yes. I get it. It could be that it's all in our head lol. It's very difficult to break the chains of indoctrination.

• Hugs
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Sep 28, 2023
Being here again in another life sounds worst then hell , i don't wanna come back here and I dont want to lose who I am and the soul and experience I had I just want to get out of this place

Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
I am orthodox Christian and although i studied natrual sciences and molecular medicine nothing could prove me different that the idea of god i have is wrong...
I had an accident 2 years ago... Before i was not in the best place either because of orthopedic pain and my adhd... and sometimes wished that I could just let go and leave.. But suicide was never in my realm because of god... Than i had this NDE and returned and everything got worse! I underwent surgery and again! It was the stupidest mistake that could have happen... It showed me that I was right and was gaslit or had bad doctors... Because before I was never allowed to accept my pains and take medicine for it or be allowed to say that the medicines dont work...
I came to the conclusion that maybe I was sent back to see, that we misunderstood god. Maybe suicide isnt the crime. Maybe someone experiencing this much suffering where he does not want to live anymore and takes his own life should be awakening for them around and even help in this regard can be an act of compassion... SOMETIMES wanting someone to live although the other person can't anymore is egoistical...
God created death as an end of this life.. Of course it is sad that you could not believe in this world anymore...if this is his playground where also the devil has its play... I was defeated by the devil and want to leave my sisters and brothers behind because i believe I can not be of great help in the fight against the bad side... But I would be happy to see how humanity opens its eyes to the weakest and the suffering that is puts upon everyone being blind to reality. Omg strengthen up... I hate my situation :( i hope I will not burn in an even worse hell...
I made mistakes and I would like to believe god is mercy... Because my mistakes were minor.. I just could not stood up for myself and was blind...

I don't know how to cope. I pray to God to send help, and i hope i will recognize its the right one...

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and iamsofkntired
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Sep 28, 2023
I am orthodox Christian and although i studied natrual sciences and molecular medicine nothing could prove me different that the idea of god i have is wrong...
I had an accident 2 years ago... Before i was not in the best place either because of orthopedic pain and my adhd... and sometimes wished that I could just let go and leave.. But suicide was never in my realm because of god... Than i had this NDE and returned and everything got worse! I underwent surgery and again! It was the stupidest mistake that could have happen... It showed me that I was right and was gaslit or had bad doctors... Because before I was never allowed to accept my pains and take medicine for it or be allowed to say that the medicines dont work...
I came to the conclusion that maybe I was sent back to see, that we misunderstood god. Maybe suicide isnt the crime. Maybe someone experiencing this much suffering where he does not want to live anymore and takes his own life should be awakening for them around and even help in this regard can be an act of compassion... SOMETIMES wanting someone to live although the other person can't anymore is egoistical...
God created death as an end of this life.. Of course it is sad that you could not believe in this world anymore...if this is his playground where also the devil has its play... I was defeated by the devil and want to leave my sisters and brothers behind because i believe I can not be of great help in the fight against the bad side... But I would be happy to see how humanity opens its eyes to the weakest and the suffering that is puts upon everyone being blind to reality. Omg strengthen up... I hate my situation :( i hope I will not burn in an even worse hell...
I made mistakes and I would like to believe god is mercy... Because my mistakes were minor.. I just could not stood up for myself and was blind...

I don't know how to cope. I pray to God to send help, and i hope i will recognize its the right one...
God is merciful as you said and I'm sure you'll be okay ! Be a good person and he will accept you from what you said it seems like suicide is not the WORST so it's okay it is your decision after everything and I hope you find the best