PuppyCatTeeth

PuppyCatTeeth

May 6, 2024
If anything my boyfriend makes me feel worse and more lonely since he's not mentally ill at all. I feel as if I'm slowly starting to hate him because of how jealous I am of him. It's frustrating talking to people who have never felt depressed let alone suicidal. Do your romantic relationships quell your pain?

• Hugs
Reactions: depthss, astr4, Reflection and 2 others
Reflection

Reflection

One last hurrah
Sep 12, 2024
It's to be expected, not everyone has the same pain and troubles; So romantic relationships, just like anything else that is suggested to help is not a skeleton key that'll work for everyone.

As for your jealousy of your boyfriend, and the resentment you're slowly harboring towards him I think that is being unfair to him as it is no fault of his own, life is not just in general so as long as he's being a good boyfriend then perhaps you should try to work on those negative feelings towards him, or maybe even break things off if you feel it'll only lead to more hurt down the line.

GalacticWarrior777

GalacticWarrior777

When will I find an exit?
Sep 24, 2024
They quell the pain for just so long. Its never permanent, as nothing is. Relationships are not the key role that will help everyone, but they may help some. For me, It's quite neutral; I dont feel as lonely, but Im insanely jealous of how happy and normal they are. So I dont really believe they quell it. After a 3 year long relation with someone, it might have been alright during those years, but once it's over, all the accumulated pain and problems will hit you most likely like a truck (at least that was the case for me).

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
it's just worse for everyone involved because when they inevitably leave me i'll try to hurt myself and they'll hear from a friend of a friend and feel guilty about it. ymmv. i'm really cynical about these things though so i'm sorry to anyone reading for being a downer.

just in my experience no one else can fix you. and even if you try to fix yourself for their sake, they can always just get impatient and leave. and then you're back to square one.

i don't think this goes for everyone but it definitely goes for me. i'll never date until i consider myself fully recovered and happy and normal. so then no matter what the other person does i won't be affected if they leave.

ultimately it boils down to "i will never trust people to not leave so i will act accordingly to protect myself" which is an awfully sad way to view romance and view myself but it is what it is.

i really did used to think romantic relationships with backup suicide pacts would fix me but like. at the end of the day all i am is a burden i can't trust other people to stay so it's truly better to be alone.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Well, for my part, it quells my pain A LOT. Makes my life so less miserable.