GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
So I had over a year sober, was moderating for a month, got hammered on Monday and tonight I felt that old siren call after having a couple of light beers...

For me booze really does make the depression and OCD go away for a while. But it brings back the alcoholism.

Too many battles.

• Hugs
Reactions: ERASED, Garbage Person, Disco Biscuit and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Too many battles.
I feel bad for you that you have the problem with alcohol. I wish for you to not have that craving any more but I understand how you are self medicating.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and ERASED
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
No one is perfect, not to be cliché. It's pretty normal to fall, especially with substance abuse. I'm doing pretty well with sobriety so far, but who knows when I'll slip. For me, stress is a beast that's usually only tamed by copious amounts of drug use. It's all I ever knew for stress relief and cures for boredom and the mundane, repetitious lifestyles we're all shoehorned into. You're good man. If you want to be sober, I'm sure you can pull yourself out of it and get back on whatever track you seek. Just try not to beat yourself up over the relapse, that would probably just funnel energy into wanting to say "fuck it".
Oh, and congrats on that year long stretch of sobriety, that's no easy milestone to reach. If you're feeling down, just focus on how fucking awesome you are for keeping it crisp for that long.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, GoodPersonEffed, 134340 and 1 other person
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
So I had over a year sober, was moderating for a month, got hammered on Monday and tonight I felt that old siren call after having a couple of light beers...

For me booze really does make the depression and OCD go away for a while. But it brings back the alcoholism.

Too many battles.
Alcohol has been my choice of numbing drug for a long time. Too many battles to stay sober most days. Last night I added cutting to try to cope for the first time. This life is such shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: _PRETTYLIGHTS and GravityUtilizer
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
If you are trying to quit boozing then I HIGHLY recommend Kratom. If you do go that route, though, DO NOT DO BOTH.