Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I'm 27 - that's not young anymore (to me) and it makes me feel like rubbish. I never wanted to live to this age anyway - always wanted to die before my mid-20's... In fact I actually tried to commit suicide once; I came really close to ending my life right before my 21st birthday. I remember that night very well. I didn't fully go through with it though - I decided to give life a chance, and here I am now.

You know what? I honestly regret it. I regret not taking myself out that night years back... At least I would have died young! I'm so angry with myself that I didn't die at that age; I feel like my life might have had a little bit of value if I did.

I can't really say I died "young" at 27, and I'm hoping to do it withing the next few months, but I can still stop myself from getting to 30, because that's the really depressing age.

If I had a time machine I would revisit that night years ago and finish what I started. I would have ended my story there and then.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, K-O, PrettyMoose and 7 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
Oh I loved being 30, was the age I stopped caring what other people thought and just lived. Still got my life ruined all over again though. You just can't let your guard down on this planet

• Hugs
Reactions: Jojo81, K-O, Good4Nothing and 5 others
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
I told myself I will never get to see my 30s.. But I didn't have what it takes to end it. here I am, living a mediocre life full of shit, yeah, in my 30s.

• Hugs
Reactions: PrettyMoose, dysfunctional, Meowkin and 2 others
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I'm 31. Life was much better before 30. Now I'm screwed badly because of my internal mental limitations leading me consider suicide almost every day.

Reactions: Meowkin and Sprite_Geist
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Hi. I'm 27 too. I don't want to reach the 30s. I must die before that. Can't let that happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: suffering, Sprite_Geist and Meowkin
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
Age is just a number that has no special meaning unless you choose to see it like that. It's not like your life suddenly gets worse or better because you've hit a certain age.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Meowkin
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It makes sense to me that at 27 you no longer feel young, because your brain has finished developing. The foundations for impulse control and cognitive processing are in place. I recall really feeling like I was starting to come into my own around 25. Like @GoBack, I started giving less unnecessary fucks at 30, and that progresses nicely to where I am now at 49. It's so freeing!

But I was never "suicidal," that is, it wasn't a foundational or influential part of how I functioned. There were times I considered it, but it did not become a rational response to overwhelming external issues until the past few years, when the external issues became increasingly imposing and insurmountable.

So I can't say to people that things will get better or tell them what they'll experience at certain ages, because not everyone functions as I do, nor will have the same life experiences, problems, or opportunities. I can't tell them that they won't regret having gone on to more life experiences and revisiting the option later, everyone is different. Instead, I've come to support one's right to self-determination in defining themselves, figuring things out for themselves, and coming to their own conclusions, choices, and subsequent actions. I don't control them and I can't fix shit for them, but I can respect and honor them, even when I don't agree with their definitions, conclusions or choices, because none of that is about me. I want the freedom of all those things for myself and defend them, so I support and defend them for others as well.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist