• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Since I live in the US where our gun laws are obviously not going away any time soon, I'm considering just buying a simple handgun, going to a secluded area, and just ending my life then and there. However looking at how to register for a gun in my state even with Google either the info is outdated or I barely get any real answers on how the process really goes. I'm assuming Indiana is way more lax than most states due to being mostly a farming state, but I'm trying to hide that i'm interested in owning firearms to my family and friends and i'm unfortunately a clueless dumbass millenial on how any of this works.

Also is it possible they wouldn't even bother looking into past regular 3 day mental hospital stays? As for institutionalization it never happened to me (thank god) but idk if they would actually care that i was suicidal before more than making ~$600 off of me.

Also i know the process takes a while but i know i'll still want to die when i'm done so that's nothing to me. I also can squirrel away enough money to buy one from my shitty job so that won't be a huge factor either.

Thanks

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
Go to store, pick out gun, fill out paperwork. They will call you when it's approved and you can pick up handgun. Sometimes they can have it approved while you wait 30 minutes - other times might take a couple days.

As long as you don't have a felony (and of legal age), there is nothing illegal about buying the gun and ammunition.

Reactions: AveryConure
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
To add to what fakenews said, buying a shotgun or rifle is easier than a hand gun as they are not easily concealed.

Also, I have been in psych ward twice, and I can still legally purchase firearms. That is because I showed no interest in harming anyone other than myself. It seems they only ban guns to people that may be homosidal. I have lived in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Washington, and Missouri. All those states seem to be on the same page regarding firearm purchases.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Since I live in the US where our gun laws are obviously not going away any time soon, I'm considering just buying a simple handgun, going to a secluded area, and just ending my life then and there. However looking at how to register for a gun in my state even with Google either the info is outdated or I barely get any real answers on how the process really goes. I'm assuming Indiana is way more lax than most states due to being mostly a farming state, but I'm trying to hide that i'm interested in owning firearms to my family and friends and i'm unfortunately a clueless dumbass millenial on how any of this works.

Also is it possible they wouldn't even bother looking into past regular 3 day mental hospital stays? As for institutionalization it never happened to me (thank god) but idk if they would actually care that i was suicidal before more than making ~$600 off of me.

Also i know the process takes a while but i know i'll still want to die when i'm done so that's nothing to me. I also can squirrel away enough money to buy one from my shitty job so that won't be a huge factor either.

Thanks

I'm in a similar boat. As long as you dont have any felonies or gun violations, you can purchase a gun easily.

I can own guns, but not purchase, due to how the law is worded lol.

Reactions: AveryConure
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
There's a gun store within walking distance near me so knowing it's honestly as easy as filling out a few forms i'll definitely look into it and make a plan for how i want to leave. Thanks guys.

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Actually one last question i wondered about this, but i keep seeing info on registering for a gun that you have to actually do written tests and even practice at a gun range before they allow you to purchase one. Since i obviously only want to use it on myself this is unnecessary and i can't drive to another town to do this. Though i guess this might be only if you live in a state with stricter laws.

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
The written/ range testing is for conceal carry permit. Easy enough to get that I have one and have a loaded gun on me occasionally (although it's not my preferred method to CTB, it's good to know I've got options.)

Our gun laws are crazy fucked up. Don't worry about your ability — where there's a will, there is certainly a way in our US of A!