• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

narupajin1128

narupajin1128

Paranoia personified
Feb 19, 2024
I recently got into a dispute that ended with me having suspected broken ribs. I'm no stranger to these injuries due to my childhood so I'm almost certain I've broke something. My partner is urging me to go to the emergency department since I've been coughing up blood and clots for a few days now and I can barely walk. There's a big bruise on my side and it hurts to breathe. I don't want to get medical treatment because I'm pretty apathetic and I don't care if this kills me. If anything, I want to try my luck and see if this will kill me. Is it selfish of me to refuse help? Should I leave it or should I go to the hospital like my partner tells me to?

kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I sometimes think about this, getting cancer in purpose (nicotine addiction) would be my CTB method.

Your situation though, you're not going to die because of broken ribs, you're only enduring pain that you could avoid, your body is gonna repair itself eventually.

Upvote 1
Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
I recently got into a dispute that ended with me having suspected broken ribs. I'm no stranger to these injuries due to my childhood so I'm almost certain I've broke something. My partner is urging me to go to the emergency department since I've been coughing up blood and clots for a few days now and I can barely walk. There's a big bruise on my side and it hurts to breathe. I don't want to get medical treatment because I'm pretty apathetic and I don't care if this kills me. If anything, I want to try my luck and see if this will kill me. Is it selfish of me to refuse help? Should I leave it or should I go to the hospital like my partner tells me to?
It may cause long term issues, but death is unlikely. If you don't treat it, it'll just add more suffering to your life.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap
Upvote 0
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
In your situation I would go to the hospital. If you choose to ctb then I think it's best to do it in a controlled way. Neglecting an injury means that you are not in control, and anything could happen. You might survive but finish up in a far worse state than you are now

Upvote 0
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Your broken ribs aren't going to kill you. You're just going to be in pain. Your injuries could also worsen, and at some point, medical treatment will be forced on you.

Upvote 0
F

findmybridgesocal

Dec 25, 2023
It's unlikely to kill you. If untreated you'll be in more pain and your partner will likely leave you.

Upvote 0
spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
Death is very unlikely

The issues it causes aren't worth it because you won't die from it anyway

Just go get treated

Upvote 0
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I've tried to off myself through medical neglect a few times. I'm still sort of trying, really, although not especially hard. It's an ineffective and painful way to attempt. It's an even more painful way to succeed…my mom managed to take herself out like that, and must have regretted it. Her death was lingering and unbelievably painful. One star out of five, cannot recommend.

Upvote 0
C

ceilng_tile

Jan 13, 2024
My pedantic brain wants to point out that rib fractures actually can kill you. Fractured ribs can puncture your lungs or the tissue around them, causing pneumothorax ("collapsed lung") or hemothorax (where blood builds up around your lung and compresses it). You can also develop pneumonia if you're not breathing deep enough due to the pain.

If there's no associated lung issues, the only treatment for rib fractures is pain control and cough/deep breathing exercises. It's extremely rare that anyone would try to "fix" a broken rib.

Reactions: narupajin1128
Upvote 0
recat

recat

That is my brain.
Mar 1, 2024
I sometimes think about this, getting cancer in purpose (nicotine addiction) would be my CTB method.

Your situation though, you're not going to die because of broken ribs, you're only enduring pain that you could avoid, your body is gonna repair itself eventually.
This is the sole reason i started and got so hooked on smoking. Hopes and dreams of it killing me. But if I am to pursue CTB, it must be intentional and something I actively do..

Reactions: kelimackie
Upvote 0
Y

Young.Werther

Student
Apr 11, 2023
In your place, I would be worried about it — I mean what if you don't die of it and it just makes everything more painful? It also sounds like a painful way to go, not to mention your partner may rush you to the hospital anyways if it gets really bad and you aren't able to stop them.

Idk, maybe you have a better pain tolerance and maybe this will work, i would just be worried something goes wrong. Just my two cents though.

Upvote 0
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
You don't want to end up with permanent chronic pain, trust me.

Upvote 0