• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Reddit is very toxic and negative and doesn't really help us. I've lost some friends there because of toxicity of people including mods.

Personally, I was active in misanthropy and antinatalism subreddits but it turned that even those are bad and you can see how mods censor and remove stuff without transparency. So what's their point? Philosophical talk that doesn't touch anything and look "good". This is BS. You can see an example of shittiness here and how they remove anything they don't want personally https://www.reddit.com/r/misanthropy/comments/8cxzr5/youre_in_the_wrong_subreddit/

Even the time2go subreddit is shit and have the same syndrome.

Not to mention how you can get downvoted for no reason in any subreddit including those.

Don't trust that site with its shitty attitude and rules. Its not only about being anonymous, it's about the fucking mods and users and how they act and the toxic tool of downvoting.

I'm glad I have this site instead of that fake site that intoxicate us.

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Who posted that thread in the link, was it a mod?

It's typical of Reddit but then again you have to remember that Reddit represents the opinions of the average American..

Dead Girl Don't Care

Dead Girl Don't Care

Trying but still Dying
Mar 26, 2018
Holy shit that r/misanthropy post is brutal, that's some u/I_Tonya levels of domineering.

It really speaks to reddit though and as @Mad said, it is all a huge circlejerk, you see it in damn near every community. Even communities that don't have the ban hammer of reddit hanging over their heads fall into this biased and dictatorial moderation to where a sub is not just whatever the title is, it is that sub and whatever ideals and principals have been forced and become acceptable there, which tend to be a few narrow ones that are pushed day after day.

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
I used to read SS every day and I posted there often, they repeat every single thread every week or so, different people and different opinions but it's the same thing over and over again. There were goodbye posts (these ones didn't have too many replies except "goodbye, I hope you find peace"), and rant posts too (these ones had more replies). I like to see other people rant about the things I hate about life, that's why I kept coming back, but it's not a huge loss.

8chan is about suicide methods, but you won't get good info there, just bits and bits of useful stuff.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
Reddit is very good source, for information but thats about it. I wouldnt have N on the way right now if it weren't for reddit and i wouldn't know about 8ch, or this site, or the google group if it weren't for reddit (SS particularly). So while i agree thats its a toxic place for communicating and participating, it still has its uses.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
Honestly, I wish this place be more active instead of going to that toxic place where everyone downvotes you for nothing and makes you feel worse.

We are growing, but I don't know if it's at an exponential rate.
Would love for an admin to update us on the current growth or just random updates like incoming server maintenance or new features if they don't want to keep it a secret.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Reddit is very toxic and negative and doesn't really help us. I've lost some friends there because of toxicity of people including mods.

Personally, I was active in misanthropy and antinatalism subreddits but it turned that even those are bad and you can see how mods censor and remove stuff without transparency. So what's their point? Philosophical talk that doesn't touch anything and look "good". This is BS. You can see an example of shittiness here and how they remove anything they don't want personally https://www.reddit.com/r/misanthropy/comments/8cxzr5/youre_in_the_wrong_subreddit/

Even the time2go subreddit is shit and have the same syndrome.

Not to mention how you can get downvoted for no reason in any subreddit including those.

Don't trust that site with its shitty attitude and rules. Its not only about being anonymous, it's about the fucking mods and users and how they act and the toxic tool of downvoting.

I'm glad I have this site instead of that fake site that intoxicate us.

Grabbing the quote bfrom your link:

"You're in the wrong subreddit. Really, you are.

The original issue in the linked post is no more, we have decent submissions and content, but only because mods now have to screen every submission for immature bullshit. And believe me, we find some and more. While it used to be worse, every third post still has to be removed due to quality concerns.

I remember back when I was 18, I had it all figured out. Society, the world, and all the other things out there. All figured out. Now it's evident that I didn't, and neither do you. I don't mingle with the general population much anymore, there's simply no time for me to do that anymore, but what I've seen recently has really gotten to me.

This is not supposed to be an echo chamber, or a hugbox. It is not supposed to be a "woe is me" space, where you can whine about your shortcomings and supposedly shitty hand dealt by your unfair life. If part of your life sucks, it's partly your own fault. And you really need to shut the fuck up if you're not able to deal with that. Not only do all humans deserve criticism, but you do especially, given that you're claiming a superior vision of and outlook on the human species.

If things continue like this, we might just have to impose an age limit, or rather a maturity policy, if you will.

I expect the usual whiners to show up under this post, and recommend you be constructive in your criticism, lest you give me more good reasons for implementing this beforementioned policy.

THINK before posting."

God fucking damn. Someone's full of themselves! What a bitch! A lot of Reddit mods are assholes. I've run into trouble in the most random subreddits before.

I also don't get wtf they're on about. I thought the whole deal with misanthropy is to whine? Or does the mod really think they're better than all the other, disgusting humans? I have no doubt that they unironically call themselves a sociopath.

FullFat

FullFat

Apr 27, 2018
Holy shit that r/misanthropy post is brutal, that's some u/I_Tonya levels of domineering.

It really speaks to reddit though and as @Mad said, it is all a huge circlejerk, you see it in damn near every community. Even communities that don't have the ban hammer of reddit hanging over their heads fall into this biased and dictatorial moderation to where a sub is not just whatever the title is, it is that sub and whatever ideals and principals have been forced and become acceptable there, which tend to be a few narrow ones that are pushed day after day.

I got banned from r/headphones of all places. I was a dumbass for not reading the sidebar, but I was new to Reddit and didn't know to check. The mods didn't have to be complete assholes about it though. I've been quietly pushed out (but not outright banned) from the usual suspects - political forums. Got my post taken down in r/gameofthrones because of their insanely strict spoilers rules. It's so bad that another sub sprang up tor all the disaffected r/gameofthrones users - r/freefolk. Seen the same splits happen in other subreddits. Mod fights are par for the course.

FullFat

FullFat

Apr 27, 2018
That's reality and society in general. People ostracize you unless you conform to what's "normal"
The voting system doesn't help. It discourages dissenting opinions and is easy to game. I think there have actually been studies done showing that votes tend to snowball. People are influenced by the visible vote count, so if a comment's upvote # is high relative to other comments, you're more likely to upvote it than if it were average in popularity. Corporations who buy ghost accounts/bots take full advantage of trends like these. You can easily force a story to the top of the feed with a slew of hired, fake accounts.

L

limpingtowardfreedom

Apr 19, 2020
*literally browses misanthropy subreddit*

*encounters toxicity*

*surprised pikachu face*

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae