jacarandash

jacarandash

ash, she/her 🖤
Feb 26, 2023
ive never posted in the recovery section, so hello! i hope you're all doing well

i myself am not really putting an effort into recovery, however ive been using this app to help track my s/h and kind of give me motivation to keep up with my clean streak? it's called i am sober, im sure many of you have heard of it before, and im sure it's been posted about, but you can track all sorts of addictions on it and i think it's an overall good resource to have. this will probably be one of my only posts in this section of the forum, but i hope to return one day when i am more passionate about my own recovery. take care, all

Reactions: noringlane, LittleJem and ilovemybed
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Thanks for the resource. Someone once mentioned that sobriety was a good first step, but that stopping damage was not the same thing as building what had been neglected. I was talking with a gal once who was describing relationship difficulties. I asked her if she had been sexually abused as a child. She was horrified to think that her past experiences might be discernible.

I told her that many people who experience abuse are unaware that they suffer in two ways. The first is a direct result of the negative that happened to them. The second is the lack of positive things they missed out on. If we grow up without developing the skills to manage adult life, we often have to discover them on our own and this can be a sometimes painful process.

I think you should give yourself credit for the progress you have made so far. To think of others and share some of what you have discovered is a testimony to a good character. Hang in there.

• Love
Reactions: jacarandash