kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
I feel like im kind of stuck between trying to recover, and following through with my sui plans. its like half of me wants to recover, and the other half wants to CTB. before i 100% make up my mind about following through i want to make sure i have exhausted every other possible option (if there even are options?) but what i kind of wanted some input for is how do i know that i have done everything i can to try and improve my life? i take my meds, i have tried therapy (CBT, DBT, trauma counselling), i try to give myself something to stay alive for but time and time again its never ever enough. i have been trying and trying for years and years but it sometimes feels like im only prolonging my suffering my having what feels like false hope about my life getting better. what else is there for me to do before completing my plan?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep and Kit1
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Do you know why you feel this way? You can't fix something if you don't know what is broken. I think you are on the right lines, there are lots of different things you can try but different things work for different people so it's about keept trying until you find what works but unless you know what is wrong is the first place you are just punching in the dark.

• Love
Reactions: Mayonaise, kittyswift, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Fl free t/ ask questns abt n.e of thse

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, kittyswift, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023

Fl free t/ ask questns abt n.e of thse
thank you!! this looks very helpful

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
I feel like im kind of stuck between trying to recover, and following through with my sui plans. its like half of me wants to recover, and the other half wants to CTB. before i 100% make up my mind about following through i want to make sure i have exhausted every other possible option (if there even are options?) but what i kind of wanted some input for is how do i know that i have done everything i can to try and improve my life? i take my meds, i have tried therapy (CBT, DBT, trauma counselling), i try to give myself something to stay alive for but time and time again its never ever enough. i have been trying and trying for years and years but it sometimes feels like im only prolonging my suffering my having what feels like false hope about my life getting better. what else is there for me to do before completing my plan?
I'm glad to hear you're still sticking to recovery, even with almost no hope. Your question is hard to answer but what @carac said is very wise and kind, and right now I can't think of anything more useful to say.
As far as medical procedures are concerned, some people have improved their symptoms by undergoing trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) or electro-convulsive therapy (ECT), the latter is quite different from the "electro-shock" you see in movies. Another therapy is the deep brain stimulation, but it involves surgery and may not be effective against mood disorders, BPD or OCD. These kind of treatments must be obviously discussed with your docs.
The real issue, imho, is the source of your problem. It may be a simple chemical imbalance in the brain or a psychologically-fueled issue, and everything inbetween.
Sorry not to be of much help right now but you look like a sweet, kind person and wanted to send you some love.

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
Do you know why you feel this way? You can't fix something if you don't know what is broken. I think you are on the right lines, there are lots of different things you can try but different things work for different people so it's about keept trying until you find what works but unless you know what is wrong is the first place you are just punching
I'm glad to hear you're still sticking to recovery, even with almost no hope. Your question is hard to answer but what @carac said is very wise and kind, and right now I can't think of anything more useful to say.
As far as medical procedures are concerned, some people have improved their symptoms by undergoing trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) or electro-convulsive therapy (ECT), the latter is quite different from the "electro-shock" you see in movies. Another therapy is the deep brain stimulation, but it involves surgery and may not be effective against mood disorders, BPD or OCD. These kind of treatments must be obviously discussed with your docs.
The real issue, imho, is the source of your problem. It may be a simple chemical imbalance in the brain or a psychologically-fueled issue, and everything inbetween.
Sorry not to be of much help right now but you look like a sweet, kind person and wanted to send you some love.
thank you! i think my quality of life would be improved a lot if i could find a way to manage my mental illnesses but that is appearing to be very challenging. i think thats the main issue anyway. i visited my psychiatrist today and we are trying a new medication so heres to hoping it can help me :) thank you for your response

• Hugs
Reactions: Mayonaise and AllCatsAreGrey
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
thank you! i think my quality of life would be improved a lot if i could find a way to manage my mental illnesses but that is appearing to be very challenging. i think thats the main issue anyway. i visited my psychiatrist today and we are trying a new medication so heres to hoping it can help me :) thank you for your response
My pleasure Kitty. Keep in touch if you need to talk.

• Love
Reactions: kittyswift