• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pancake1230

Pancake1230

<3
May 17, 2024
What meds have worked or at least bettered yall's anxiety?

I've suffered from anxiety for about 10 years now, and started trying meds for it (and depression) about a year or 2 ago, with no success.

So far I've tried, Zoloft/sertraline, Remeron/Mirtazapine, Seroquel/Quetiapine, and currently Venlafaxine. They've either made me almost ctb or gave me bad side effects.
(I've also tried klonopin and wellbutrin xl, but that was only for 2 weeks when I was in the ward, had little to no effect.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Contraband, ferrie and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Everyones brain chemistry is so different. Ive tried it all havent found anything that works

• Hugs
Reactions: Pancake1230 and ferrie
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
The stronger benzos work the best. Xanax and Valium. But doctors less and less want to prescribe them. Rule of thumb in pharmaceuticals: If you didn't have to twist the doctor's arm to get him or her to write the prescription, it's probably not gonna work very well. Like pain meds. Whatever they least want to prescribe will work the best.

Reactions: Freedomatlast24, _AllCatsAreGrey_, Pancake1230 and 1 other person
byebyeblondie

byebyeblondie

Jun 24, 2023
I was given diazepam for a few months (until I ODd and have not been aloud them again). They worked quite well but, apparently, it's not something they like to prescribe long term because it's classed as highly addictive. (Well at least that's what I was told in the UK).

I now get prescribed propanonol. I guess it takes the edge off …

I hope you can find something that works for you.

Reactions: Pancake1230
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
The stronger benzos work the best. Xanax and Valium. But doctors less and less want to prescribe them. Rule of thumb in pharmaceuticals: If you didn't have to twist the doctor's arm to get him or her to write the prescription, it's probably not gonna work very well. Like pain meds. Whatever they least want to prescribe will work the best.
Benzos work best in short term. You build up a tolerance quick and then withdrawl is hell

Reactions: Pancake1230 and Little_Suzy
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Like divinemistress said, everyone's brain chemistry is different. I've personally been on escitalopram, amitriptyline, sertraline, hydroxyzine, and lorazepam. The combo of sertraline and hydroxyzine actually worked really well for me. Currently I'm on buspirone, mirtazipine, and lithium which isn't working for me at all. Some people do well with their anxiety on buspirone though. I also wouldn't write off the klonopin or wellbutrin if you were only on them for two weeks, usually it takes around 6 weeks to see if a psych medication is effective. I'd recommend talking to your psychiatrist about trying meds with different methods of action to see what works best for you. If you have any family that have been on anxiety medications, people often do well on the same meds as family members. This is also kind of experimental, but I know a couple of people who have been able to get their insurance to approve genetic testing that helps match what types of medication work best for you & had a lot of success with the meds recommended from the findings

Reactions: Freedomatlast24, divinemistress36, Pancake1230 and 1 other person
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I enjoy Lamictal, but medicine does not work alone.

You must first address the underlying causes of your anxiety.

Reactions: Freedomatlast24, divinemistress36 and Pancake1230
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Buspar has been helpful for me. I wish I could get Valium. It helped a lot in the past. But as others have mentioned, it's hard to get it prescribed now.

Contraband

Contraband

Incompatible Software
May 26, 2024
valium but it's difficult to get short erm, almost impossible long term

Pancake1230

Pancake1230

<3
May 17, 2024
Like divinemistress said, everyone's brain chemistry is different. I've personally been on escitalopram, amitriptyline, sertraline, hydroxyzine, and lorazepam. The combo of sertraline and hydroxyzine actually worked really well for me. Currently I'm on buspirone, mirtazipine, and lithium which isn't working for me at all. Some people do well with their anxiety on buspirone though. I also wouldn't write off the klonopin or wellbutrin if you were only on them for two weeks, usually it takes around 6 weeks to see if a psych medication is effective. I'd recommend talking to your psychiatrist about trying meds with different methods of action to see what works best for you. If you have any family that have been on anxiety medications, people often do well on the same meds as family members. This is also kind of experimental, but I know a couple of people who have been able to get their insurance to approve genetic testing that helps match what types of medication work best for you & had a lot of success with the meds recommended from the findings
Genetic testing sounds pretty interesting! I'll have to ask my pysch about it. I know some people online who had a good experience with wellbutrin, so I probably should try those 2 again just to see

Reactions: ferrie and divinemistress36
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Valium for me, super addictive though.. ends up being expensive habit

Reactions: Pancake1230 and divinemistress36
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Genetic testing sounds pretty interesting! I'll have to ask my pysch about it. I know some people online who had a good experience with wellbutrin, so I probably should try those 2 again just to see
The science behind it is pretty cool & it really seems to work, the hard part is just the insurance. Definitely talk to your psych to see what options they recommend & good luck with whatever route you choose to go 🙏💕

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and Pancake1230
R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
How often do you take Valium? Are you addicted to it, or do you take them infrequently to avoid tolerance/addiction/withdrawals?

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
A doctor used those exact words with me 1 time about withdrawals being hell. I never took em all that much so never experienced physical dependency. But everyone who has experienced both says definitely worse than opiate withdrawal and I don't think there is anything like methadone or buprenorphine to take the edge off.

Freedomatlast24

Freedomatlast24

May 12, 2024
Wish I knew how to get hold of them in the UK. Clearly you're paying for them, no?

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
What meds have worked or at least bettered yall's anxiety?

I've suffered from anxiety for about 10 years now, and started trying meds for it (and depression) about a year or 2 ago, with no success.

So far I've tried, Zoloft/sertraline, Remeron/Mirtazapine, Seroquel/Quetiapine, and currently Venlafaxine. They've either made me almost ctb or gave me bad side effects.
(I've also tried klonopin and wellbutrin xl, but that was only for 2 weeks when I was in the ward, had little to no effect.)
I've tried all of those and they were awful. Zoloft was okay. I took the highest dose though (400mg.) along with diazapam and that (plus wellbutrin) was the only time I ever felt any type of relief. I will say, generics matter! They are not supposed to, but they do... I was given diazepam for a few months so the zoloft could take effect. I've tried buspar and hydroxyzine. Might as well take benadryl for those as they are included for allergies. Diazepam is the only thing from letting myself go lie down on the freeway in the country at night. Dextromethorphan is new. I have good bp but was having a high heart rate (as well as head aches) and propranolol helped more than this other blood pressure med. They give those for anxiety as well because they are stingy with valium and xanax, and those are supposed to be short-term. Not a fan of xanax but never tried it. Luckily I've been on diazepam for a couple of years, still lower dose though. Good luck.

• Hugs
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I'm not sure if it's the same as anxiety or similar, but I'm in a situation where I enter the fight-and-flight state often, everyday.
It's caused by my other health conditions and I have no control over it, nor can I overcome it anyway or get out of this situation.
I'm pretty much disabled.

It really wreaks havoc on my mind and body. It also happens often when I'm tired and ready to go to sleep.
Then I'll have one of those events, and it messes up everything. I'd end up in a situation where I am unable to fall asleep properly, yet tired.

Sometimes, Mirtazapine helped with it. It would allow me to fall asleep properly.
I also remember one time I woke up after taking it.
I had this nice feeling over the body, like similar to being hugged, but it's constant and somewhat nourishing.
I also remember the feeling originated from the bottom of my spine.

It's interesting, because I also became aware of the change in feelings I had.
Like I became aware of the way my body's hormonal state got wreaked and then changed after taking the medicine.

Anyway, it helped me fall asleep sometimes, and in one case, actually restored me to a state where I could go to sleep normally for multiple days in a row.

But in one case, it only lasted a day, before my problem returned with full intensity.

• Hugs