Votes: 15 41.7%
  • SN

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
The new rebreather seems promising and the idea of a painless death without puking would be nice. SN is more tried and true as far as it goes to CTB. So I'm just curious if you had to choose which method would you prefer to use? In the next couple weeks I'm going to purchase something to leave this world and right now I'm leaning towards the rebreather for a more peaceful end. If that fails I'll also be buying SN as a backup, but to have access to a way to drift off and not wake up after a couple breaths sounds amazing. I'll have to shave off my beard, but it's a small price to pay for peace. My stomach can be a bit weak and I might puke a bit too easy. Won't know until I cross that bridge though.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i like the rebreather. just can't source the nitrogen
i think it's called a debreather btw

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyldfyre4948
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
does debreather have a concrete operational models/blueprints etc yet ? especially officially approved. at least helpful would be the info which type of gas mask is desirable to make the job done. there's plenty of them i dunno what models allow to replace contents of a filtration canister with co2 absorbent

todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
If the rebreather gets more track record of success soon then I would choose it, it seems like a much more painless and easy way but as you say sn has more track record, which was built up over a long time. Hope people are able to share their experiences and educate the rest

Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
A debreather sounds like a realy nice way to go i think when i reach my breaking point it will be my way to go

B

BlueMouse

Aug 23, 2023
I was very been much interested in the rebreather. I purchased it and have attempted to use it to CTB. It has not worked on my 1st attempt.

Another forum member has attempted using the rebreather several times with no success.

My preferred option is a Nitrogen tank with drawstring bag, but I don't live alone. Carting in and hiding a large Nitrogen tank is not feasible. So the rebreather seemed ideal, since it seemed to offer the same solution and is easily hidden in an overnight bag in the closet.

• Hmph!
Reactions: MBG
K

knowman

Jan 15, 2020
I was very been much interested in the rebreather. I purchased it and have attempted to use it to CTB. It has not worked on my 1st attempt.

Another forum member has attempted using the rebreather several times with no success.

My preferred option is a Nitrogen tank with drawstring bag, but I don't live alone. Carting in and hiding a large Nitrogen tank is not feasible. So the rebreather seemed ideal, since it seemed to offer the same solution and is easily hidden in an overnight bag in the closet.
We're these attempts using the new debreather model? Thank you. I' very interested.

B

BlueMouse

Aug 23, 2023
We're these attempts using the new debreather model? Thank you. I' very interested.
Yes, the attempt was with the Rebreather III, purchased in Aug 2023. Another user of the forum has attempted CTB multiple times with the Rebreather III as well, with no success.

It sounds great in theory, but has not yielded success for myself or for him.

• Wow
Reactions: MBG
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't trust Rebreather at the moment. Of course, ctb using inert gas is better than SN, but Rebreather seems unsure to me at the moment. If I had easy access to a nitrogen cylinder and any technical skills, I would create a kit with a mask, but I don't have it, so I choose SN. Of course, I'm rooting for the Rebreather to become even better and make the gas method easier. It would be best to buy a completely ready set and if such a thing existed, I would definitely buy it.

Reactions: MBG and Deleted member 65988