123monday123

Nov 21, 2018
Please, tell me your reasons for and against suicide :)

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, 2 be or not, Final Escape and 3 others
Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
Pain.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, 123monday123, Final Escape and 7 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Pro to end all pain and suffering con it destroys everything you know and love family and friends and anyone who cares will suffer.

Only if there was a way out for us without having to deal with pain and suffering of our existence.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, 123monday123, Final Escape and 6 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
For - Life's a gift, and I want to return it. Life simply is not something I look forward to and the stress and anxieties that I experience everyday I don't want to feel anymore. Currently, the only thing I look forward to during the day is cutting myself.

Against - my fucking survival instinct.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Whatiwantiswhatiwas, 123monday123 and 7 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
For - Life's a gift, and I want to return it. Life simply is not something I look forward to and the stress and anxieties that I experience everyday I don't want to feel anymore. Currently, the only thing I look forward to during the day is cutting myself.

Against - my fucking survival instinct.
Survival instincts is one of the toughest things to surpass.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, 123monday123, Ch92921 and 3 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Please, tell me your reasons for and against suicide :)
Working a pointless job all for pointless paper that I can barely live off of as is. It's take up too much time and energy just to keep up the facade. We're the only species that has to pay for an existence that none of us asked for.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead Meat and 13 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
Working a pointless job all for pointless paper that I can barely live off of as is. It's take up too much time and energy just to keep up the facade. We're the only species that has to pay for an existence that none of us asked for.
Existence is suffering pain, pleasure, and suffering I don't know about being happy I don't mind being happy but I am also used to being miserable for everyone's happiness we all have suffer but some of us can't CTB without another person otherwise I'll complain about it here or on suicideproject.org

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, 123monday123, Cyanide and 2 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Having psychology that impedes what the current world demands and being put into isolated and violent environments or situations because of it, such as homelessness, or the threat of such displacement and alienation. Each time there is that biological drive to live, the resurgence towards life, it is a little bit less than the last time.

For me, in the 'good' stretches every so many years someone interesting is met and we become friends, until there is a casting away. There is an air of inadequacy and there is the label of socially inept, regardless what you are capable of, how intelligent you are, what you have accomplished. Along the way, because of these things, naivety is stripped and you become hardened against trusting and against optimism. That is probably the healthier of acquired knowledge imo. I've learned a lot about people within the current social state of the world and at some point I realized it's horribly and possibly irreparably damaged. There was nothing left to return to anyways.

tldr you can only pick up the pieces so many times. Everyone leaves you and the health of social interaction vacates your life, if that social health even exists in this world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, 123monday123, 2 be or not and 6 others
V

Vaa

Oct 2, 2018
The worst type of life is that when you just suffer without being able to enjoy anything.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler, 123monday123 and 7 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
Having psychology that impedes what the current world demands and being put into isolated and violent environments or situations because of it, such as homelessness, or the threat of such displacement and alienation. Each time there is that biological drive to live, the resurgence towards life, it is a little bit less than the last time.

For me, in the 'good' stretches every so many years someone interesting is met and we become friends, until there is a casting away. There is an air of inadequacy and there is the label of socially inept, regardless what you are capable of, how intelligent you are, what you have accomplished. Along the way, because of these things, naivety is stripped and you become hardened against trusting and against optimism. That is probably the healthier of acquired knowledge imo. I've learned a lot about people within the current social state of the world and at some point I realized it's horribly and possibly irreparably damaged. There was nothing left to return to anyways.
I find the way you described the reality of the world through experience of others such as myself that when I see the world through my eyes and see the beauty and ugly in this world and realized that if I was to truly CTB and understand what happens in this world being recycled into this earth and back to the universe or to God(s) that wouldn't bother me because I noticed that living in the emotional, personal, psychological, rational, and irrational state of mind due to experiences of my own pain, pleasure, and suffering internal and external.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler, 123monday123 and 2 others
V

Volomori83

Haunted by the ghosts of the past
Jul 9, 2018
For - Life should only be lived if you are enjoying it. I haven't been deeply happy in so long I can't remember. I want the peach that comes with death.

Against - the damage it causes to all those around us. I don't want to cause pain but I don't want to continue feeling so empty inside.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler, 123monday123 and 5 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
For - Life should only be lived if you are enjoying it. I haven't been deeply happy in so long I can't remember. I want the peach that comes with death.

Against - the damage it causes to all those around us. I don't want to cause pain but I don't want to continue feeling so empty inside.
I find emptiness worse than loneliness when people ask do you feel lonely the answer always the same no I don't "feel lonely" I understand the subjective feeling of loniness but it doesn't seem to bother me probably because I am introverted only extroverted when I get used to you or a few, many, or others around me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler, 123monday123 and 4 others
JOT

JOT

Jan 7, 2019
For - the possibility of being reunited with deceased loved ones, no longer feeling lost or hopeless. Knowing the answers to the universe.

Against - missing out on everything, never experiencing anything again (sex, love, passion). Pain caused to love ones and guilt.

Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
Seeing a dr for panic attacks and being prescribed benzodiazepines without the warnings and being left on them for years. The side effects are more than I can take.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler, 123monday123 and 3 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019

I agree completely about the happiness thing. Even when I was happy there were still aspects of loneliness and sadness. I think about the damage and it'll be mostly to my mother. Everyone else will move on with their lives and be able to be happy. It doesn't always seem like it but they do. Some take longer than others though

G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
For: I just want to be dead.

Against: Others may not want to be dead. Live on, I say to them. But just let me die.

Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
For: Although being in a constant melancholic state, I would do anything I could to enjoy little things in life. That's all I wanted. But now I'm in a point of no return. And it's my fault for stupidly trying to please people who didn't deserve it.

Against: Hurting my mother. Other people will be cynic about me dying and say stupid things like 'of course, she did it', etc., and that makes me a bit angry. I wish I could prove them wrong (that might sound childish, but what the hell).

SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
against: lots of books to read, nature, video games to play, two really good friends, maybe traveling one day

for: health is declining and older age will be full of surgeries, worse depression and anxiety, unchangeable weight gain, can't do the jobs that I am meant for, I do not fit in this particular world, loss of all that I have and hold dear, decline in finances, cannot get out of the hole of student loans, osteopenia to osteoperosis, my back/discs is/are deteriorating on me, fucking idiots, millennials, inability to socialize, will be utterly alone in old age, years of monotony, etc. The list really could go on but mainly I don't want to be here. I do not fit.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
The worst type of life is that when you just suffer without being able to enjoy anything.
This sounds like the description of my life. Most days anyway.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler, 123monday123 and 1 other person
2 be or not

2 be or not

Nov 25, 2018
For: to help my kids in their mid twenties financially (life insurance)

Against: hurting them emotionally

Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
For: to help my kids in their mid twenties financially (life insurance)

Against: hurting them emotionally
I think they'd rather have you bc you're priceless. Not trying to guilt you but no amount of money could replace you especially not for them

Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I'm sorry I couldn't not say that

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
For: chronic pain, blundered my career, trapped in a shit marriage
Con: hurting my parents & brother, missing out on what fucked up shit stupid politicians will do next, maybe I can somehow get out of all the shifty aspects of my life.

O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
For: Ruined by career, Middle Aged, No friends, Nothing to do all day as I'm unemployed
Cons: Hurting my parents and extended family

T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
"it's ok to not be ok but it's not ok to stay that way"
Tired of being tired mostly, many other reasons though.

-against : something silly called hope, guilt, survival instinct

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler and 123monday123
LostGirl

LostGirl

My time has come
Dec 3, 2018
For: treatment resistant medical conditions, being a burden and causing pain to the family.
Against: causing pain to the family.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler and 123monday123
Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
For: I can't imagine another 60 or so years of this, getting worse as it goes on due to aging and an ever increasing pile of regrets.
Against: Really seems like a waste of the only life I'll ever get, but living my whole life in anxiety, regret, depression and self-loathing is also a waste of life.

E

Euryale

Sep 29, 2018
For: To escape from all responsibilities, bullying and growing old
Against: Permanently scarring my family and possibly old friends

Reactions: sif, Weeping Garbage Can, therhydler and 3 others
RyanSuicide

RyanSuicide

Student
Jan 7, 2019
For - the end of suffering