• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I'm not sure where to post this tbh...

Im at a very difficult intersection of life and death. I'm not interested in many reasons that used to keep me around.

Community, goal of advocacy and mental health support work, my different forms of art, having multiple partners and kids, stuff like that/different dreams.

Rn??? Nothing. Literally nothing rn comes to mind or actually makes me feel like sticking around is worth it.

Soo what are your reasons and what do you when you feel like you are losing your reasons?

Last edited:
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Making art tbh, ideally being able to afford a living from it but im still trying

• Love
Reactions: Livingvsdying25
dangero

dangero

May 1, 2023
I enjoy going on a fast, followed by indulging in something delicious. Generally, disconnecting from experiences, taking a break from fulfilling our needs, and then returning to them brings us immense happiness. Thanks to such intense sensations, we develop a stronger desire to live and a deeper appreciation for what life offers us.

"1. Experience: The notion that qualitative experience is at the core of life-meaning has an ancient lineage, dating to Aristippus of Cyrene (c. 435–c. 356 B.C.E), a pupil of Socrates, who held that pleasure is the supreme good, and Epicurus (341–270 B.C.E.), who developed the view that the greatest good is found in the attainment of modest pleasures and the minimization of suffering. In the 20th century, Moritz Schlick (1882-1936) argued that the meaning of life is to be found in a type of "play" experience "where [one] is wholly given over to the moment in the matter at hand" (Schlick, 1928/1979), what Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (b. 1934) would later describe as the experience of "flow" (Csikszentmihalyi, 1990). The contemporary philosopher Robert Audi (2005/2013) has put forth an explicitly experiential conception of life-meaning: "We are most alive when we are intensely experiencing something: beautiful music, good conversation, a zesty round of our favorite sport . . . a good life is one in which good experiences (of a certain kind) predominate" (p. 323)."

"The results confirmed our original theory: appreciating small things can make life feel more meaningful. But applying that insight can be difficult. Our modern, fast-paced, project-oriented lifestyles fill the day with targets and goals. We are on the go, and we attempt to maximize output both at work and at leisure. This focus on future outcomes makes it all too easy to miss what is happening right now. Yet life happens in the present moment. We should slow down, let life surprise us and embrace the significance in the everyday. As former Indian prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru wrote in 1950, "We live in a wonderful world.... There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.""

purity

purity

-
May 28, 2023
music. its a good question on what i do when i lose my reasons. kinda just mourn it and hold onto what i have left. i dont have that much energy to try to cultivate any additional purpose anymore. i used to have a lot of reasons back a year or two ago, including art and relationships. my reasons have just slowly dissipated and consequently my will to live.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Mt reason to keep living is the same reason I want to die. Every day there is a tug of war inside me.

neurotic

neurotic

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 /// 💜💚💙
May 24, 2023
Genuinely I feel like improving on something, being either a talent or a hobby. It keeps your mind busy to think about it. For me, it's drifting. Where I started a year ago to now, I'm going so fast on roads that if I mess up I could die and the adrenaline it gives me makes me feel alive. I've become so obsessed with improving on it that whenever I'm depressed I can whip that hoe! and forget who that ex I was so in love with was. Before, I was practicing skating, music, and reading to make the feeling numb for just a little longer.

F

finding_freedom

Dec 12, 2023
music. its a good question on what i do when i lose my reasons. kinda just mourn it and hold onto what i have left. i dont have that much energy to try to cultivate any additional purpose anymore. i used to have a lot of reasons back a year or two ago, including art and relationships. my reasons have just slowly dissipated and consequently my will to live.
Music is my main reason - I love it so much and discovering music has kept me on the planet on days when I don't want to be here. I just have to figure out how to keep money coming in but feel like music is my reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: ctvunny
S

SMG08ABUSER

I got no iPhone
Dec 20, 2023
One of the few things keeping myself alive is a goal I've set for myself. I'm looking to go back to school this year and finally get my bachelor's degree in software engineering.

If I end up graduating with a decent job and I still hate life, I will most likely CTB then. But I don't want to give up before I've even tried. I want to prove to myself that I can finally escape the minimum wage life.

stupidtwink

stupidtwink

Feb 6, 2023
I'm holding off on dying rn honestly because I want to be beautiful before I die. I'm surrounded by so many attractive people who seem to lead such cool (but a little bit depressing) lives. I just want the taste of being envied by others before I burn. A lot of have people have vain small things that they randomly want and people going up to me asking me about my makeup, clothes, etc. just seems so cute. Also, I want to become super intelligent and read a ton of classic and modern literature to prove all my friends who go to top universities and have six-figure jobs wrong. Y'all might thing that's stupid but idk reading smart shit can be super validating sometimes.

eternaldream

eternaldream

Oct 22, 2023
The problem is that there are some reasons, but if you can't live the life you want, they are all useless