S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Ok so here's a scenario would like some friendly advice. You make it to Peru and hit up one of these mythical veterinary pharmacies in search of N. You ask to buy 4 bottles of 50ml. The employee then asks "why do you need it"

What do you say.....

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I would say ' No abla espanol'

Reactions: Thorn
S

selesco

Jul 26, 2019
you answer that, 'doctor'. What are you trying to do here?

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I spent some time in Mexico which I know is a different country and a thousand miles away but will share with you what happens when you buy something you shouldn't be buying. They will know your a foreigner, they will know you up to no good and inflate the price accordingly. If you are willing to pay the price they wont ask questions. However, use cash and not credit card as they wont want to be linked with any transaction.

Reactions: Sammybackflip
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
I spent some time in Mexico which I know is a different country and a thousand miles away but will share with you what happens when you buy something you shouldn't be buying. They will know your a foreigner, they will know you up to no good and inflate the price accordingly. If you are willing to pay the price they wont ask questions. However, use cash and not credit card as they wont want to be linked with any transaction.
That's a good insight. Thanks. I suppose I will just walk up to counter will my google translate already open and have it written "I need to buy...4 bottles...was told I can get it here at 100 dollars a piece" and then show them the 400 dollars and hopefully be on my way.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
That's a good insight. Thanks. I suppose I will just walk up to counter will my google translate already open and have it written "I need to buy...4 bottles...was told I can get it here at 100 dollars a piece" and then show them the 400 dollars and hopefully be on my way.
To be honest I would not say the price but bring out a small bundle of notes so they know you will pay in cash, and then they would give you the price. But be very wary of showing you have a ton of notes on you and only show it in the store. Keep the notes separate from your wallet, in your pocket
To be honest I would not say the price but bring out a small bundle of notes so they know you will pay in cash, and then they would give you the price. But be very wary of showing you have a ton of notes on you and only show it in the store. Keep the notes separate from your wallet, in your pocket
Another thought for you, when returning from Mexico, it was the only time I was searched coming back into the country at border control. Not because i looked like a criminal, but because of where I was coming from. So check on what happens if you can as I have been to the US a few times before and one time I was with my young children and still had my bags gone through.

Last edited:
S

Sammybackflip

Aug 28, 2019
Ok, more good advice. Thank you.

Yea, I suppose I fit the profile of a drug smuggler so they search me most times so that's not something I would consider. I'm fearful of the consequences if they catch me with a plant or animal product in my bag.

C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Guess if you show him or her a 100$ or 100€ bill and then you give him/her, does not mind any reasons why.
And you do not asking for a ticket.

Edit. I forget it, and that would be cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1