• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
I know everyone says paracetamol od is unreliable and agonising but in that psychiatrists book he lists it among the fatal methods. Is anyone on here a paramedic, or medical, or has known someone who'd taken a large od of paracetamol. I really want to know is the pain so bad you're screaming, or is it just a bit uncomfortable like indigestion. What are the chances that you'll be unconscious by the time the pain strikes. How does it feel over time starting with the moment you take the pills? Please please someone if you can help me with this knowledge. I really need to know. Please?

• Aww..
Reactions: dggtscccvfd and Lostandlooking
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
It's not that it is painful before you go unconscious, it's that it can be painful for days/weeks afterwards when it doesn't kill you, and it most likely won't. Most people that try to OD this way wake up violently ill, requiring hospitalization in an intensive care unit. You could destroy your liver which is a weeks-long, very painful road to death. This method is heavily discouraged as it's not the nice "pass out and die" of a strong opioid and it doesn't actually work 99% of the time.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, cowboypants, alltoomuch2 and 3 others
fancifulfate

fancifulfate

You were my reason for living
Dec 22, 2023
It's not that it is painful before you go unconscious, it's that it can be painful for days/weeks afterwards when it doesn't kill you, and it most likely won't. Most people that try to OD this way wake up violently ill, requiring hospitalization in an intensive care unit. You could destroy your liver which is a weeks-long, very painful road to death. This method is heavily discouraged as it's not the nice "pass out and die" of a strong opioid and it doesn't actually work 99% of the time.
Yes and there's nothing they will give you for the pain either. It's not a suitable method at all.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: enough of this, DeIetedUser4739, cowboypants and 2 others
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I found out recently that paracetamol ODs can also destroy kidney function, which is nice.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, alltoomuch2, cygnines and 2 others
cygnines

cygnines

knight of infinite resignation.
Feb 23, 2023
it's genuinely painful; not in the way you're probably imagining. it's not death by overdose in the quintessential, drift off and never wake up way. the acetaminophen/paracetamol does (often irreparable) damage to your organs, and you die via that damage. your body shuts down over an extended period of time.

imagine the worst pain you've ever felt--now imagine living with that for several weeks without dignity or autonomy. it will be untouchable as there's nothing the doctors can give you to numb it. if you live, you will have done extensive damage to your liver and kidneys, potentially also your brain and other organs. the risk of ending up worse than you started is very tangible.

personally, i would not pursue this method. i know the ease of acquisition and administration make it seem appealing, but the outcomes are really just dying brutally after great suffering or surviving with prolonged great suffering.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: Relic, Ash, alltoomuch2 and 1 other person
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I know everyone says paracetamol od is unreliable and agonising but in that psychiatrists book he lists it among the fatal methods. Is anyone on here a paramedic, or medical, or has known someone who'd taken a large od of paracetamol. I really want to know is the pain so bad you're screaming, or is it just a bit uncomfortable like indigestion. What are the chances that you'll be unconscious by the time the pain strikes. How does it feel over time starting with the moment you take the pills? Please please someone if you can help me with this knowledge. I really need to know. Please?
In desperation, I tried a paracetamol overdose. It was awful. The liver pain 24 hours after ingestion was horrendous. I wanted to die but was glad the antidote took the pain away. There's no chance you'll be unconscious before the pain strikes as that's not how paracetamol kill. It doesn't kill you directly instead it destroys your liver and then you die from liver failure, totally conscious. It isn't worth dying this way unless your life is really terrible and you lack a better method. Summary: don't do it!

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, alltoomuch2 and Forveleth
pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
It won't work and you'll probably be on suicide watch after that.

Reactions: alltoomuch2, Forveleth and dggtscccvfd
A

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
In desperation, I tried a paracetamol overdose. It was awful. The liver pain 24 hours after ingestion was horrendous. I wanted to die but was glad the antidote took the pain away. There's no chance you'll be unconscious before the pain strikes as that's not how paracetamol kill. It doesn't kill you directly instead it destroys your liver and then you die from liver failure, totally conscious. It isn't worth dying this way unless your life is really terrible and you lack a better method. Summary: don't do it!
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. Guess I'll wind down my stocks of paracetamol and use a different method. Being a coward doesn't help. My heart says do it anyway, how bad can it be? Now I know. I have to be brave at the time, rather than leaving myself with no option but be brave and suffer that pain because there's no turning back.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd