Jul 28, 2023
I'm really scared

• Hugs
Reactions: cscott and whywere
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
what other choice is there either you do something to end life or keep on living this misery
SN is very worrying for me as i don't want to fail a attempt

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweet Tart
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
what other choice is there either you do something to end or life or keep on living this misery
SN is very worrying for me as i don't want to fail a attempt
Its sad it really boils down to this

Reactions: Sweet Tart and cscott
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
There's a possibility to get brain damage from every ctb method. You just need to be willing to take the risk. SN is the best option because its the most peaceful method.

Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, blue_muse and scorchie
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
So there's a better option? What would that be (besides Nembutal)
There are not many methods where there is little or no risk of having permanent brain damage.
High risk to have permanent brain damage if you fail: SN, CO, inert gases, carotid method, hanging, overdoses (e.g. benzos)

I would use a method that is known to be successful. If a method has a high chance of being successful, the risk of permanent brain damage also decreases. I would use SCUBA or SCBA, because the risk/success ratio is very good.

• Informative
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Eternal Sleep! and fedupwithlife
thebookofdisquiet

thebookofdisquiet

Jul 21, 2023
You have a risk of damaging your brain if any method fails. If you're trying to achieve oxygen deprivation (hanging, drowning, sn), if you cut or shoot yourself but survive (shooting your head is self explanatory but losing too much blood before being rescued can also damage your brain), jumping...so @befree is right, the only advice is choosing a method harder to fail.

• Informative
Reactions: Sweet Tart and Eternal Sleep!
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Not true.
peaceful: 50/50 chance
reliable: 60-70%
Well, yes, but according to most people who i come across they don't suffer as much as they do with other methods. And i'm just saying that SN is the most peaceful method because its the most available peaceful method. There is of course CO poisoning or barbiturates which are more peaceful in my opinion.

SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I think the chance of surviving this is not very high. I had closer contact with three people here via pm and all three left with SN. One of them tested SN and took 1-2 mg. She wrote me that she already fainted relatively quickly from this small amount.... (Anyway, It broke my heart...)

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Sweet Tart, swaraj and Eternal Sleep!
Eternal Sleep!

Eternal Sleep!

Thinking of CTB because of f*cking RSI!
May 13, 2023
There are not many methods where there is little or no risk of having permanent brain damage.
High risk to have permanent brain damage if you fail: SN, CO, inert gases, carotid method, hanging, overdoses (e.g. benzos)

I would use a method that is known to be successful. If a method has a high chance of being successful, the risk of permanent brain damage also decreases. I would use SCUBA or SCBA, because the risk/success ratio is very good.
I overdosed on benzos (Diazepam) with some alcohol, I took about 80 pills, no brain damage whatsoever. I also red stories on here doing SN, failed the attempt with zero brain damage. So it could lead to brain damage, it's not automatically true you get brain damage, there's just a chance and many factors come in to play if you suffer brain damage or not.

Reactions: Klimpop
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
SN is not as successful as some other methods and is by no means quicker. P is rarely peaceful and next to nothing will be. Is the reward worth the risk, think hard.

• Informative
Reactions: Amyend88
Eternal Sleep!

Eternal Sleep!

May 13, 2023
You have a risk of damaging your brain if any method fails. If you're trying to achieve oxygen deprivation (hanging, drowning, sn), if you cut or shoot yourself but survive (shooting your head is self explanatory but losing too much blood before being rescued can also damage your brain), jumping...so @befree is right, the only advice is choosing a method harder to fail.
If you do drowning right with heavy weights on your feet and with no ability to untie them you just can't fail. I think the succes rate must be 100% that you die.

thebookofdisquiet

thebookofdisquiet

Jul 21, 2023
If you do drowning right with heavy weights on your feet and with no ability to untie them you just can't fail. I think the succes rate must be 100% that you die.
I agree but I can't even imagine how. Do you walk into a deep secluded lake with the weights on? Jump from a boat (can't imagine swimming until a deep part with heavy weights) into the sea? Try to be discreet and do it in a pool?

Eternal Sleep!

Eternal Sleep!

May 13, 2023
SN is not as successful as some other methods and is by no means quicker. P is rarely peaceful and next to nothing will be. Is the reward worth the risk, think hard.
What is P?

F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
I think it's pretty successful but not very peaceful

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I think it's pretty successful but not very peaceful
It's more successful than some methods, but much less reliable than others. You were worried about failing, so that's the angle. Question is how confident are you?

Reactions: Amyend88
F

fedupwithlife

Student
Jul 28, 2023
It's more successful than some methods, but much less reliable than others. You were worried about failing, so that's the angle. Question is how confident are you?
I think theres no going back after drinking the thing so if I can plan things really well it'll hopefully work

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
I overdosed on benzos (Diazepam) with some alcohol, I took about 80 pills, no brain damage whatsoever. I also red stories on here doing SN, failed the attempt with zero brain damage. So it could lead to brain damage, it's not automatically true you get brain damage, there's just a chance and many factors come in to play if you suffer brain damage or not.
Tell me, please, did you lose consciousness after taking 80 pills? What were your symptoms and after what time did you lose consciousness? (if you lost consciousness)
Someone found you and they called an ambulance for you? And if so, how long did they find you?
And can you please tell me the name of these pills?
And did you feel bad after taking the pills or after being rescued?

I will be grateful for your answers.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Follow the protocol (e.g. Stan's protocol) and the chances are very low to wake up with brain damage. I know the fear of failure is a beast,but following proven protocols reduces the failure rate a lot. I hope you can find peace!

Last edited:
  • Informative
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
And i'm just saying that SN is the most peaceful method because its the most available peaceful method.
You are mixing two completely different aspects. A method is not "the most peaceful method" just because many people claim SN is peaceful or because SN is easy to get.

Everything you need for the inert gas methods (SCUBA, SCBA, EEBD hood, exit bag, ReBreather) or CO is easy to get worldwide, unless you are living in the middle of a jungle.

Two video livestreams confirmed my opinion that I would never use SN !

• Informative
Reactions: odazai and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
You are mixing two completely different aspects. A method is not "the most peaceful method" just because many people claim SN is peaceful or because SN is easy to get.

Everything you need for the inert gas methods (SCUBA, SCBA, EEBD hood, exit bag, ReBreather) or CO is easy to get worldwide, unless you are living in the middle of a jungle.

Two video livestreams confirmed my opinion that I would never use SN !
Which method will you use then?

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I attempted with SN in 2020 and survived. It required CPR. Once they administered methalyn blue I was almost fully recovered within a few hours. I have never been officially tested but I do believe I have mild brain damage from the period of time where I needed CPR. My attention span is almost nonexistent and my memory are shit. Other than that there have been no noticeable differences in my level of functioning.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: odazai, Deleted member 31858, Sweet Tart and 3 others
thebookofdisquiet

thebookofdisquiet

Jul 21, 2023
I attempted with SN in 2020 and survived. It required CPR. Once they administered methalyn blue I was almost fully recovered within a few hours. I have never been officially tested but I do believe I have mild brain damage from the period of time where I needed CPR. My attention span is almost nonexistent and my memory are shit. Other than that there have been no noticeable differences in my level of functioning.
What went wrong? Or the problem was being found?

Reactions: Eternal Sleep! and fedupwithlife
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Could you please tell us what went wrong

Reactions: Eternal Sleep! and fedupwithlife
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
it could lead to brain damage
This fact alone, and the lower chance of success and peacefulness compared to inert gas, should make you think whether SN is the right method.