• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

ConfusedClouds

Student
Mar 9, 2024
This may be naive and inappropriate, in which case I apologise, but I am interested to try to learn. Hopefully this is a friendly place to discuss?

If an acquaintance makes a disclosure to you mid conversation, what is the best way to react?

I guess there are two ways that come to mind. Someone dropping a disclosure subtly mid sentence in a conversation. The other being a more specific 'declaration'. The 'disclosures' may be (as examples) being trans or neurodiverse or anything really.

I appreciate everyone is different, and a lot of folk on here are very open with who they are (though maybe also due to the nature of anonymity).

In conversation, would you expect/appreciate any acknowledgement or reaction or prefer the conversation to continue as it was without any significant reaction?

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
If they bring it up, I'm assuming they want at least some acknowledgement of it. I'm always very casual about it. "Cool. Ok. Do you want to talk about it? Is there anything I can do to be supportive?" This gives them the opportunity to then take the lead and help guide you on what they want, whether that be talking about it more or just accepting your acknowledgement and moving on to the next subject.

Edit to add: I've had friends go both ways on this. Some have said, "No, that was it. I just wanted to tell you" and other friends say, "Here are things that you can do to help me." I'm not always the best at reading people or situations, so I think the reaction that I have leaves it more open for them to kind of guide me as to what to do next.

Last edited: