• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
So I came up with such rationalization:
- it is my life and I can do with it whatever I want. If my family wants me to be a doctor I have no obligation to fulfill their requests. If my family wants me to live despite immense mental suffering I have no obligation to fulfill their requests.
- I will leave to my family quite good amount of money
- I will be no longer a burden to my family

Any other rationalization that can be used to overcame guilt caused by suicide?

Reactions: Thanatos and Severen
S

srk003

Feb 10, 2019
Nope, if they care about you they will be distraught. No way out of this unfortunately unless perhaps if you have a terminal illness.

Reactions: TiredHorse, Oblivion Lover, secondtimesthecharm and 3 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Nope, if they care about you they will be distraught. No way out of this unfortunately unless perhaps if you have a terminal illness.

Let them be distraught for their incompetence.

Reactions: kohaku, puppy9, Oblivion Lover and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Does that really make you feel better?

Sure. I don't believe in being that merciful to people, even if they are your friends and/or family. And pain and suffering can be educational for people, as well. Besides...people should be punished for their incompetence. We should not reward incompetence or simply ignore it otherwise, we are encouraging it...

Last edited:
Reactions: kohaku
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and Iā€™m f*cked
May 29, 2019
- it is my life and I can do with it whatever I want. If my family wants me to be a doctor I have no obligation to fulfill their requests. If my family wants me to live despite immense mental suffering I have no obligation to fulfill their requests.

Death in itself causes so much anguish. It's hard to judge if they'd be as accepting for the reasons you have given...

Human rational is a bitch, and once you're gone, there's no room for rebuttal.

The end is the end. No other questions answered by you but a note, video, or what you leave behind. There is no easy answer to this question, unfortunately.

Reactions: stbdchick
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Their suffering will be far less than mine. Those who mourn get over it within months or 1-2 years, and I've been stuck with trauma and suicidal thoughts since 5. They'll be fine, it's not like they'll have to be the ones to find my corpse. The cops probably will.

Reactions: lululoo
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
I know this probably isnt what any of us want to hear but I think ya'll are underestimating the effect your deaths would have. Ive seen people who had very rocky relationships become devastated when their loved one passed. People who had time to prepare because of their loved ones illnesses and still they were devastated. Make no mistake, your passing will leave a mark, a void that wil never completely disappear. Part of me hates typing a response like this as it makes it more difficult to convince myself that
escaping whatever I'm feeling is a fair exchange for all the pain and guilt and other feelings my death would cause.

Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, No Future and cornflowerblue
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019

These all sound reasons. if your family do love you. then nothing will remove the sense of guilt they will feel. trust me on that, I have personal experience with this and 8 years later i still feel guilt, resentment and anger. my partner wrote me a long note on why she decided to take her own life and while she had justified it out as best she could, it didn't anyway minimize the guilt i felt and still feel to this day.

No not talking you out of it or that these reasons won't make sense to them. but just trying to give you a picture of what it's like to receive a note like that.

Reactions: Invisible 73, cornflowerblue, TheBlackSwordsman and 1 other person
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019

Try this

"And that's the thing. We shouldn't look at those who die by suicide as bad, selfish or sinful. Of course, it's devastating to lose someone you love, and it's normal to be angry. But we need to try harder to put ourselves in their shoes. If every day is unbearable and death is the only way to relieve the pain, perhaps we shouldn't think of suicide as a choice."

Last edited:
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, kuddelmuddel23, deathenvoy and 1 other person
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
These all sound reasons. if your family do love you. then nothing will remove the sense of guilt they will feel. trust me on that, I have personal experience with this and 8 years later i still feel guilt, resentment and anger. my partner wrote me a long note on why she decided to take her own life and while she had justified it out as best she could, it didn't anyway minimize the guilt i felt and still feel to this day.

No not talking you out of it or that these reasons won't make sense to them. but just trying to give you a picture of what it's like to receive a note like that.

If I may ask, is that the reason or part of the reason you are here?

Last edited:
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
If I may ask, is that the reason or paet of the reason you are here?
Can ask me anything. it's part of the reason yes. i did a long post about my reasons about 2 weeks ago. if you check my profile you should be able to find it.

but hope i didn't come off mean or hard with my post.

TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
Can ask me anything. it's part of the reason yes. i did a long post about my reasons about 2 weeks ago. if you check my profile you should be able to find it.

but hope i didn't come off mean or hard with my post.

No you didnt. To be honest, I'm not sure there is anything anyone on here could say that would offend me. We're all here because we share at least one thing in common, in some way, we're all hurting.

• Hugs
Reactions: lululoo, blanketyblk and Righttodie
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Good good. cause never my intention to cause anyone more hurt on this site.

Reactions: Righttodie
P

Person

May 29, 2019
It's going to hurt my family immensely and I know that.
They know I know that, and would know I'd thought long and hard about it.
They know and would understand my reasons.
They know I've tried my best and exhausted all alternatives.
They'd know I must have been suffering incredibly to reach this point.

I can't ease the pain for them. I don't think anyone can for their loved ones. But I hope, that when the sadness easies, they'll be able to look at my situation and think 'I understand. It hurts and I'm not happy, but I understand why Person felt that way'

Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow